Video game thread

Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Double-0 Negative
@Azure Fang  
Oh, god damn it! Them, too!? And Mechwarrior 5 was the one I was trying to remember last night. That one hurt me. Bad.

Good lists. Thanks. I don’t actually have a problem with people who take the limited exclusivity deal universally, by the way. Just the ones who have the gall to sell themselves–and especially pre-orders–across multiple platforms and then tell everyone to get fucked for a year once they’ve wrung all the exposure & money that they can out of us.
Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
I don’t mind platform exclusivity in practice. Programming for a console is a completely different beast than for PC, and all that. But when it comes to the whole EGS exclusivity, it smacks of hypocrisy. Sweeney Timm claims in one breath that Steam - a storefront for the PC platform, not a platform in its own right - is a monopoly and decries its profit share percentage. But in the next breath he pays for store exclusivity - effectively buying his way into a psudo-monopoly - while games cost the same average price on EGS, spitting in the eye of the “games cost more because of higher percentages” argument, as well as imposing extra restrictions against indies as opposed to AAAs as revealed by the developer of DARQ and team members working on CP2077.

I take a bit of grim pride in the fact that I stand by personal boycotts. After Nintendo shuttered the Wii and DSi stores, and with how they called out the minority of consumers that physically cannot use the 3/2DS as liars, I vowed to never buy a Nintendo or Nintendo-adjacent product again. Thanks to Sony’s treatment of backwards compatibility and both Sony and Microsoft’s active impediment of cross-platform gaming (unless you have one metric China worth of cash, reference Fortnite), I’ll never touch a console again. And for any company that’s willing to take a moneyhat rather than make their games available to as many consumers as possible - be it selling out to Epic, Amazon, or even to Steam if that were to ever happen - I’ll personally boycott the specific games that were exclusive; not even later opening of release will see me purchasing them (which is sad, because I was really interested in Hello Games’ The Last Campfire as well as Axiom Verge 2). And thus far, I’ve kept my word and do not own and have not played any game that’s been an EGS exclusive, and haven’t purchased any consoles or games since self-imposing. I’d love to play another Metroid or Legend of Zelda, and I’ve heard Hades is pretty good if a little overrated. But nope.

That’s not to say I judge anybody for buying what they want, where they want. Their money, their choice. Just can’t miss an opportunity to vomit out my opinion and splash it on those nearby add my opinion to the mix.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@EverfreeEmergencies  
I’m sure they’ll release it once they’ve sucked their current audience dry.

@TeamBlueplant  
No idea. I only ever played one of those games. It was… okay.

@Azure Fang  
Personal boycotts are just that: personal. If you truly find something or someone disgusting, there’s nothing at all wrong with swearing them off.

And if Hades is anything like Transistor, it is massively overrated and the only thing you’re missing out on is the realization that you wasted $25.
Anonymous #ED7B
It’s the one where you’re trying to get home because nazis and monsters are attacking.

I think you just described about a third of the video games made in the past forty years.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@TeamBlueplant  
You’re trying to get back to your home station after getting cut off during a mission or something. I don’t remember much in the way of details; I played it several years ago and it wasn’t really good enough for a second playthrough.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Humble Oriathan  
Eh, only E3 coverage worth watching was the TotalBiscuit Snarkathons, and even those started to feel repetitive by the end.  
Bless his heart, TB tried to make them funny but the jokes he had to make where based entirely upon the material he was offered. Consequently, there where only so many jokes he could make, and ended up repeating himself a lot.
Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

Oh no, he's here?
@Absol95  
Through Sony contracts, ZiffDavis published Official PlayStation Magazine (US version), while Future plc published both PlayStation Magazine (independent) and Official PlayStation Magazine (UK version). When ZiffDavis ended its publication deal with Sony and cancelled OPM - US, Sony renegotiated with Future; PSM was “rebranded” into PlayStation: the Official Magazine and ran until its cancellation in 2012, while OPM - UK continued until April 2021 when it was rebranded as “PLAY”.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide