Video game thread

Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Wally Worshiper
I got perma banned from the Spiderman community hub on Steam for sharing the fagflag remover mod lmao. Good thing I didn’t buy a copy of the game yet or they probbaly would’ve taken that away from me after giving them $60 for it.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I just saw some stuff about Morrowind for the first time, and it looks neat. Why are Cyrodiil and Skyrim so mundane and Morrowind so exotic high-fantasy if they all border each other?
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ANoobis  
Because Todd removes all the interesting lore from the baseline Julian LeFay left him and replaces it with boring trash, and the only reason people think Morrowind is any different is because the creative department did some shrooms for a week and wrote the new lore while high.

I am still sore about the Imperial City being reduced to a small circular village on an island and the Dragonriders being retconned out entirely. “Gone for thousands of years” my ass, Skyrim. >:(
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
Translation: Because all must bow before the Alphabet Soup Rainbow Rumpus Parade, do not dare deface the image of your god, filthy peasant.

And by the way MyBones, if that flag represents you, I am very concerned and don’t want you anywhere near my family and my siblings’ future children.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
@FeatherTrap  
>Flag  
Which one of the flags, tho? I do think that the so-called ““progress”” flag is utterly stupid and tacky, as well as the ““MAP”” flag being similarly as such. Plus, non-binary and ““genderfluid”” are indeed either mental disorders of some kind or at if not, anomalies of the mind. I myself am quite more angry at DarkOne the biased AF dipshit the asshat moderator for being a delusional power tripping cunt.
Cyborg_pony

@Officer Hotpants  
I’m surprised he didn’t try to say he wasn’t a Real Gay as often is the case when one speaks out against their masters - and he’s right. All they did was made it more popular to download. If they did this with the American flag to make it the 100s of other pride flag That someone will bitch it doesn’t have theirs that just came out a day after. They would brag it made people uncomfortable when no one talked about it except for one burner account with only one post, and downloaded a whopping 4 times.

Like those stupid transgender mods for games when there is literally an in-game item that will make you whatever you want, those are just make to make themselves feel better and special, not the groups they portend to care about. If you gave someone that suffered with dysmorphia an elixir and told them “This will turn you into what you feel you look like” Before anything else, they’d pop it open and chug it down and then say “How much do I owe you?”
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Absol95  
Stop being a fucking obtuse contrarian to every little thing I ever post on this site, it’s neither funny nor clever. If you can’t tell which flag I’m talking about from obvious context, I’m not going to encourage this by bothering to spell it out for you.

@Cyborg_pony  
I like to take the Chris Rock approach to this sort of thing: There are gay people and then there are queers.  
If you don’t know what I mean, look up his explanation for how he draws a distinction between “Black People” and “Niggers”.

When someone says “You’re not a real gay person” I just rephrase that in my head as “you’re not a queer” and reply with the ol’ Chad Yes.

This whole thing reminds me of when someone made a pair of mods for Stellaris, the Patriarchy/Matriarchy mods for those who only wanted their leaders to be all male or female. Paradox fucking yeeted the males only version from the workshop so fast they gave the steam servers whiplash.  
Strangely enough though, the Matriarchy mod wasn’t so quickly deleted. That one only disappeared quietly after a stink was raised about the hypocrisy on display…funny that.
Anonymous #F9D1
This whole thing reminds me of when someone made a pair of mods for Stellaris, the Patriarchy/Matriarchy mods for those who only wanted their leaders to be all male or female. Paradox fucking yeeted the males only version from the workshop so fast they gave the steam servers whiplash.
Strangely enough though, the Matriarchy mod wasn’t so quickly deleted. That one only disappeared quietly after a stink was raised about the hypocrisy on display…funny that.

Really? I could’ve sworn I saw a mod that allowed male/female only leaders not too long ago.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
@FeatherTrap  
>Stop being a fucking obtuse contrarian to every little thing I ever post on this site, it’s neither funny nor clever. If you can’t tell which flag I’m talking about from obvious context, I’m not going to encourage this by bothering to spell it out for you.

Geez! NO, I do not act like a fucking contrarian in response to every single thing you post on this site, though. I also am not trying to be funny, anyway. Though I am indeed missing a point here and there, I’ll admit. Go on ahead and be a sore bitter prick all you want, dear Mr. Pinheaded Cunt.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Anonymous #F9D1  
How long ago are we talking here? I admit I’ve been out of the loop on more recent developments with Stellaris, I stopped playing that game entirely after they insisted on making me sign in through an account on their own site after paying for it on steam. Which was a couple of years ago at least.

I remember that being a thing way back when, back when planets still used the little grids system for placing buildings and pops and they hadn’t gotten around to stealing all the best mod ideas and reselling them to us as “expansions”.
Anonymous #F9D1
@FeatherTrap  
Sometime in the last year, at most. The implementation looked pretty clunky and it was done through policies rather than empire creation like I would’ve preferred, so I didn’t get it.

Stellaris is in a pretty good spot at the moment though. I didn’t get bored and stop playing before getting to the midgame on my last run a month or two ago. I’m sure that’ll change, but it was nice to play without it feeling like a slog for the first time since 1.8.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@Cyborg_pony  
Just the same old NPC programmed response: assure solidarity with the “oppressed” group and chastize the harmless uploader to save face.

And meanwhile, I googled “GTA San Andreas White CJ mod”, and look at how many sites don’t care about whitewashing CJ:  
https://gtaland.net/gta-san-andreas-mods/gta-san-andreas-skins/white-cj-ped-skin-mod.html  
https://gamebanana.com/tools/2441  
https://libertycity.net/files/gta-san-andreas-ios-android/173835-belyjj-sidzhejj.html  
https://gamemodding.com/en/gta-san-andreas/skins/50948-belokozhiy-cj.html  
https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/skins/76153-white-cj-skin-v3-improved/  
https://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/skins/4068-belokozhij-cj.html

Surely at least gamebanana.com wouldn’t care about the flag replacer since they host mods for games other than GTA, right?
TrukkinDuck

Nopan is best pants
@Cyborg_pony  
“If you think we are breaking our own rules, instead of stepping down or bettering ourselves, you may leave and delete your account instead while we remained unchanged for the worst”.

Wow, never seen such honesty before.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Anonymous #F9D1  
I mean, I suppose you could say it’s in a good place if you don’t care for the potential the game actually had to be a true sci-fi grand strategy sandbox where you could make all manner of factions and throw them all at each other. The reason I’m mad with Paradox is because they had that potential for their game but utterly squandered it in favour of making it into a shitier, real time version of Endless Space.

That and the constant removal of features from the base game and selling them back to us as DLC.  
That and the fact that every mod breaks with each new “update” to the game, forcing mod makers to constantly come back an update their mods.  
That and the fact that most of the “expansion” content they literally steal from the most popular mods, but when they implement it they always do so in the most restrictive and uninspired way possible.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of reasons I hate Stellaris these days.

@Cyborg_pony  
Oh jeez, I thought you where being hyperbolic when you said that but holy shit this post is full of Dumpsterbooru moderator energy. XP

Literally right out of the gate, “ugh, this silly little drama over something that’s not even an issue except for irrational, paranoid lunatics! Uuuuugh I say!”  
Well if it wasn’t a serious issue why did you feel it necessary to start a massive shitfit over this?

@Officer Hotpants  
Because he would be verbally murdered by anyone capable of stringing a coherent argument together.
Anonymous #F9D1
@FeatherTrap  
It’s in a good place compared to where it has been for several years. I agree that it’s not very good overall, however. Paradox is very good at making games with potential, and then completely fucking them up, in large part due to the DLCs. Stellaris and Cities Skylines come to mind immediately (seriously, the fact that none of the DLCs in CS interact with each other aggravates me to no end. Especially when it comes to public transport options.) A few more years under Paradox ownership and Prison Architect will be the same, I suspect.

The only thing Stellaris has going for it is being the only Paradox game to have a dedicated team of “custodians” to actually fix the bugs and broken systems.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Anonymous #F9D1  
I suppose, but that’s like saying “this car is now semi-functional now that I’ve put duct tape over all the plasma cutter damage I dealt to it”. Just saying it’s a matter of perspective. XP

Oh yeah I heard about that mess, for a company whose business model relies so much on them adding post-launch content in with DLC packs, you’d think they’d make sure they all work together properly…I guess that’s just too much effort these days.

Besides, speaking from Elder Scrolls experience here: a loyal fanbase is the best bugfixing team you’ll ever have. Why Paradox is being so abrasive and antagonistic towards their own modding community I’ll never understand (especially since they’ve adopted the GW approach to “creative inspiration”)
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
I haven’t touched Stellaris in 4 years because of them and their outright scamming behavior (if you remove something from the base game and charge me to get it back, that’s a scam. Period), and seeing their name anywhere on a game has become an instant “fuck this game” trigger.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide