Video game thread

Mitchy
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Best princess👗👑
Splatoon 3 demo out, but all you can do is explore the city, and you can’t do anything past that.

God dammit, I guess I have to wait until the weekend.
Anonymous #F9D1
Due to the vast amount of customization content released in MCC over the years (armor, attachments, nameplates, skins, armor effects, voices, and more), we shared that we are exploring the addition of purchasable Spartan Points for players who found that particular mountain an intimidating one to climb, or who just wanted to button up the last of their items they need to get.
As expected, a lively conversation ensued across the community as well as within the MCC team. In addition to some frustrations at the prospects of purchasing SP, much of the feedback focused on general frustrations with the current SP earn rates in MCC (particularly once players have hit level 100).
No decision has been made around the potential for purchasable SP being added as a secondary vector in the future, but with regards to SP earn rate complaints and the current wall that exists upon hitting level 100—we agree with you and are working on designs now to address this feedback in a future update.

At this point I’m sure we all know that “No decision has been made around the potential for purchasable SP being added as a secondary vector in the future” means “We’re adding microtransactions, but we can’t say that or people get mad”
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
As expected, a lively conversation ensued across the community as well as within the MCC team. In addition to some frustrations at the prospects of purchasing SP, much of the feedback focused on general frustrations with the current SP earn rates in MCC (particularly once players have hit level 100).
No decision has been made around the potential for purchasable SP being added as a secondary vector in the future, but with regards to SP earn rate complaints and the current wall that exists upon hitting level 100—we agree with you and are working on designs now to address this feedback in a future update.

“We know a problem exists, and it’s 100% of our own design. But instead of doing in incredibly obvious thing to fix it, we’re open to discussions on making more and more hoops for you to jump through and loopholes you have to figure out to find the most optimal progression rate. Especially if that optimal path involves you giving us your money”

Fucking hate 343, scumbag company of hack writers and incompetent Microsoft excs
Anonymous #F9D1
@FeatherTrap  
I’ve hated them ever since learning they changed bits of ODST to preemptively appease the Floyd mob because the PC release had the misfortune to be scheduled for around that time. Small, barely noticeable bits, but bits nonetheless. Changing anything about old games due to current events is a horrid precedent, and it only makes me wonder if anything else was stripped out or replaced in the other games.
Anonymous #F9D1
@Officer Hotpants  
The only thing I remember enough to be confident is from ODST is removing or replacing all the “You Loot, I Shoot” graffiti throughout the city because someone at 343 got in their head that it was racist.

Again, small, barely noticeable details. But everything starts out that way.
ANoobis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’m finally getting around to the Iki Island expansion in Ghost of Tsushima. I’m not in that deep, but it feels kind of out-of-step with the rest of the game so far.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Anonymous #F9D1  
Hate to be the hipster here, but I hated them ever since the honeymoon period with Halo 4 and the atrocious Halo: CE Anniversary wore off.

And then I read the stupid Forerunner Saga books that where apparently required reading homework for Halo 4 and it made it easier for me to understand what happened in that game, at the cost of ruining the Forerunners as a concept and making the entire story and universe infinitely worse.
Anonymous #F9D1
@FeatherTrap  
They’ve definitely fucked up the series and the universe as a whole ever since they took over and I’ve never liked them or anything they’ve done for that reason, but it wasn’t until they started fucking with the old games that I started to actually hate them. CEA was a lazy cash grab that only an idiot would call a remaster, Halo 4 was shit for a number of reasons, chief among them being taking away the mystery of the forerunners (and later on in the books/comics, the flood as well); MCC is godawful and should’ve just been a launcher for the games rather than shoving everything into one giant, ugly, bloated mess; but at least they weren’t messing with the good games at that time. Unless you count adding a “copy and paste Reach models to CE” option as messing with them, at least.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@FeatherTrap  
You needed to read them because they couldn’t stuff their rewrite of the entire story into the opening of the game. To this day I just ignore it and continue to recognize that humanity is the Forerunners.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
Well, the ancestors of humanity at least, they where probably comparable in evolution to us as the Old Ones (from 40k) are to frogs, I don’t think they where exactly genetically the same as modern humans.

But they aren’t a completely different species of Voldemort cosplayers with retarded motivations, an idiotic civilisation and garbage tier character writing all befitting a bad hatefiction.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@FeatherTrap  
There wasn’t even any point to it. They retconned out humanity being the Forerunners… and then made humanity the descendants of an ancient galaxy-spanning super civilization that fought an apocalyptic war with the Flood and the inheritors of the Forerunners’ legacy. They straight up just said “what if we changed the entire story but made it exactly what it already fucking was?” Presumably because 343 are a bunch of fucking hacks who needed to “make it theirs” but couldn’t come up with a new enemy, and also couldn’t come up with a reason for Mambster Chef to keep fighting Elites short of “but what if the series finale didn’t real, though?”.

They could have just been a group of super-super-fanatics who didn’t believe even Truth’s own confession without the extra frills (and thus maintaining the irony of their religious crusade). They could have been a power-hungry group filling the vacuum left behind after the fall of the Covenant who saw how weak Humanity was in the war’s aftermath and wanted to wipe us out before we recovered and surpassed them. They could have been a racist group who simply didn’t fucking like humans after fighting them for the last few decades. But like every meddling project manager ever, their fragile egos demanded that they get their own greasy fingerprints on it to cover up the old guys’. So they retconned THE FUCKING REVEAL OF THE ENTIRE GOD DAMN TRILOGY (for the eleven people who had neither read any of the books nor put 2 & 2 together just from paying a modicum of attention during the first two games).

tl;dr: 343 pioneered what Disney did with the sequel trilogy.

||Also looking it up just now, Halo 4 released just seven days after Disney purchased Star Wars. 2012 truly was as cursed as the Mayans warned us it would be.||
Anonymous #F9D1
and then made humanity the descendants of an ancient galaxy-spanning super civilization that fought an apocalyptic war with the Flood

Who were ackshually a giant species of cthulus who made the universe and all the species in it before the Forerunners got mad and genocided them for liking humanity too much, so they turned into the flood to fuck over the Forerunners, then went insane and decided to fuck everyone.

Also despite the Forerunners learning that humanity only glassed one of their planets, beginning the war, because there was a fledgling flood infestation (which they didn’t know the flood existed at that time), they still decided to quite literally bomb humanity back to the stone age and then fight the flood alone.

I barely even understand what’s going on in 343’s canon anymore. It’s so fucking bad.

saw how weak Humanity was in the war’s aftermath

This is another of my pet peeves around 343 era Halo. It’s 4-5 years after humanity got royally fucked and very nearly wiped from existence. Many, if not most, colonies are gone. Most fleets have been destroyed or heavily damaged. Earth itself didn’t even escape some level of damage. WHY are they suddenly the most powerful species in the galaxy? I refuse to believe you can recover from that level of destruction and devastation that quickly.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide