Video game thread

Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Double-0 Negative
@Acres  
You’re one of those people who makes their own family in The Sims and plays them like real life, aren’t you?

@Humble Oriathan  
The hardest thing to get used to is that you’re not supposed to get everything done in a day. While I’m mostly used to it, it still bugs me around the mid-game when things are the most piled-up. Spending the whole day doing one thing is, in fact, more or less the intended play style.

Though there’s plenty of mods to tailor it to your preferences. Longer days, more stamina, etc.
Cyborg_pony

So Bridget from Guilty Gear is now a groom victim, but it’s okay because “Quirky lol! Trans representation!”

Need I say more to why this is really stupid and terrible idea?
Cyborg_pony

@Officer Hotpants  
Yes, but now he says it playful manner, so Localizers took that is their op to change him into a trans person. Also Japanese stuff uses male acronyms and an androgynous symbol, but they’re saying it’s trans one because they want to.

They literally laying claim a character whose gender was assigned by birth to be different out of superstition and had the identify force upon to say, she now Accepts it. They make themselves look like the word they want Verboten.
Anonymous #576A
@Absol95  
I wonder how the mixups happened in the first place? Can’t they like see the or the lack of a dick? It was already that obvious.

@Cyborg_pony  
Isn’t Felix that kind of character already? Do all androgynous characters need to be the same? Also I’m pretty sure unless specified, anime characters don’t and will not age. This isn’t something Bridget accepts quite quickly if he’s at the same age that he was uncomfortable with.
Anonymous #A09B
@Cyborg_pony  
They don’t usually care for japanese cultures honestly.  
I mean, for all the diversity calls, I don’t peg a lot of gamers actually bothering learning the context between the cultural translations and contexts, they just simply take it to whatever western thing they can fit in and call them a day no matter how loose it is.  
And not just like in Pokemon when people learn certain mons just have some “obscure japanese reference” or something like that, it just feels people cannot even read between the lines (or don’t want to), which caused problems when localizing games on the west, but even after internet came in it still doesn’t work.  
Maybe Ted Woolsey wannabes who I honestly doubt they’re doing it for sake plot enhancemnt reasons.
Cyborg_pony

@Anonymous #576A  
According to them; yes. All characters like that are not feminine men, they’re all “eggs” that need to be awaken as trans. It’s pretty much reverse dead naming where their identity is not the real one and they will give them their true one. Many Traps have horror stories of people trying to groom Help them become trans.

@Anonymous #A09B  
That’s why calling them Xenophobic hurts so much. They know what they’re doing, know what they’re cheering for and they hate when people call them out.

full

And this is what they’re cheer for.

Edit:

Just a bit more evidence that they enjoy a good groom.

full
Anonymous #F9D1
Replayed Halo Reach with a friend recently. I never paid attention to it previously, but I love the air battles happening far off in the background. As the game progresses, the number of UNSC aircraft diminishes while the number of Covenant aircraft increases.

In ONI Sword Base, falcons outnumber the banshees, in Tip of the Spear they’re pretty much even, in The Package they’re hopelessly outnumbered, until finally in The Pillar of Autumn they’re completely wiped out and both banshees and phantoms flood the skies, flying toward the shipyard.

It’s a small detail, but really helps sell the fact that you are losing.
Anonymous #A09B
@Cyborg_pony  
Ohh yeah. In fact I just read Bridget’s profile and he was apparently forced to be a girl by his family and community…so yeah, either people doesn’t understand the implications of this kind of revelation…or they just don’t care and just want to shove the trendy things no matter how illogical or even immoral that sounds.  
I mean, seriously, just change the word “girl” with “baker”, “soldier”, “straight”, or “living battery” or anything and people would get angry by it because he was shoved into something he didn’t want to. But being forced to have a sex change against his will (or gender as they say) it’s apparently a-ok despite the disturbing implications.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Anonymous #F9D1  
Yeah, Reach was pretty good. It had some issues (like the weirdly blurry graphics during cutscenes) but I thought they did a good job of it. I also appreciated, as someone who’d read the novels many years prior, going into a battle that I knew we were going to lose hard.

Also did a good job of showcasing just how overwhelming a Covenant invasion actually is. Even in 2 & 3, you never really got a feel for that. In 2 because you left right as the battle was starting and in 3 because the Covenant was too preoccupied with the Ark to give a shit about anything else. And in all cases there was a sense of “how are we supposed to be losing so bad to these idiots?” But in Reach they’re there for the purpose of wiping an entire planet out and that’s exactly what they’re doing, and for once you can actually see how it is that humanity is getting its shit kicked in. That bit with the destruction of the Covenant cruiser was perfect in that regard.
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
@Cyborg_pony  
Truly, transgender is a lie mean to disguise either a form of Gender Identity Disorder or a mental anomaly.  
Transsexuals, on the other hand, are indeed real, but the genuine ones are at least substantially much rarer than people who are regular males or females. Activism is truly getting too far in the business of science.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Cyborg_pony  
Good lord, the sheer faggotry of that twitter thread. A nice reminder of why you should never sign up for that cesspool. Shame the guy got his account banned for doing exactly the same thing as they do when they add that gaudy fucking thing in everywhere.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide