We're shutting down! Read more here

Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Malis

@Humble Oriathan  
Many butthurts are to be felt in every corner and dark closet of the booru of derpi. Butthurts, Butthurts everywhere!

It’s said that butthurt is the price a user must pay to advance within the forums of derpi.

Like Ancient Greece, homos, homos everywhere and of course something for the ladies too. An island, Lesbos was its name.
Anonymous #7590
@Humble Oriathan  
Literally who are the ppl who thinks we’re DB 2.0?  
When this site has freedom in posting and hopefully will not fall into the errors Derpi did months ago.
evan555alpha
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Artist - you can stop complaining about not having any flavour text on your artist badge now
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Head Administrator
UwU Chwyasawis my waifu
@Anonymous #7590  
A handful of spergs over on the site alternatives thread on /mlp/ who believe that having DNP at all makes us Derpibooru incarnate.  
Just ignore them; they’re not worth listening to.
Anonymous #5F71
@evan555alpha  
I would say it’s the usual gang of Derpibooru creeps who spend half of their time pulling every dirty trick possible to demonize the derpi alternatives and convince everyone to just go back to derpibooru, and the rest of their time they just flood and shitpost /mlp/ with their special brand of tard.

After all, the leaks proved that Derpi’s staff frequently goes to /mlp/ to keep an eye on what’s being said there so they could try to correct and derail things when they don’t go as they want.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
I don’t get the DNP thing, myself. I mean if it’s behind a paywall then I get giving it, like, a year or so of DNP status because the artist is making a living off of it and it wasn’t meant to go public yet. The free stuff, though? That they just put out there for everyone to see? Fuck them. If they didn’t want it to spread then they shouldn’t have put it up publicly on the internet. That would be like me passing out free t-shirts and then throwing a shit fit when I found out that one of those people gave theirs to their cousin and demanding that they take it off.
Anonymous #A543
@Officer Hotpants  
The answer to that is simple: artistic entitlement. Artists have a tendency to be spoiled brats who think that making something should give them complete control over that thing.  
I’d get it if it actually hurt them. Like, say they’re trying to make a name for themselves and people keep stealing their shit without spreading their name. But that’s not what boorus do. In fact, I’m pretty sure boorus end up doing the opposite.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
@Anonymous #5F71  
Where is this from?

@Dex Stewart  
It’s odd. I remember them also saying in that they’d delete some of the meme pics when I showed them to Nebbie for in the clarification of rule 0 thread, including possibly entire a category they had for years. I’m trying to remember what it was but think of a category like this

@RD8K  
>showing kids what really happen within the holocausts  
Not interested in trading one set of crazy politics for another.

@sapphie  
You know, I can perhaps see that. Not sure if I could but I get using it as background noise/boring entertainment for the sake of it (no offense to any that find it fun.)

@Anonymous #A543  
I don’t think supporting a DNP/takedown system is purely out of entitlement. I mean, that was the main forum of resistance in the first place. It’s the traditional right of artist to be able to control their work but the problem we have now is that, so much of our cultural output in today’s world is based upon those rules being ignored or weakened. Should JJ be able to nuke Ask Princess Molestia from the web for example? Say, he decides to nuke it from here and Derpi, sure he may own copyright (ignoring hasbro), but it was also at the center of a major controversy and is arguably historic, so to take a takedown request in its fullest extent would not only nuke the blog but a record of history that has itself been used in memes and referenced everywhere. Something like that shouldn’t be memory holed, yet that fully possible under current law.
Anonymous #A543
@TheBridge  
Yeah, I’m aware that it’s legal, but I think it shouldn’t be. There’s also the fact that the current copyright law is cucked beyond belief. The idea behind copyright is to incentivize artistic creations by granting their creators a monopoly on said thing, thus allowing them to monetize it as they see fit. So if it’s not something that’s meant to be monetized, it shouldn’t be covered by copyright to begin with.  
And that’s if I exclude that copyright is a shitty concept to begin with, and that granting a monopoly on anything is a bad idea by default, and that stealing ideas is a stupid concept to begin with
evan555alpha
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Artist - you can stop complaining about not having any flavour text on your artist badge now

Head Administrator
UwU Chwyasawis my waifu
@Officer Hotpants  
Honestly, the only reason I have any DNP at all on my stuff is because I don’t want people to end up hating my stuff because other shitheads only bothered to 3-tag it on upload (You know who I’m talking about). Having uploads be restricted to myself and a few other people helps mitigate that initially-shitty tagging.

But given that none of those yahoos appear to use this site, I think I might have mine rescinded.

Outside of that though, yeah, I fully agree with your view on it.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@evan555alpha  
I think you could totally have the special request be “Uploads allowed if you put effort into tagging it properly”

@sapphie
You know, I can perhaps see that. Not sure if I could but I get using it as background noise/boring entertainment for the sake of it (no offense to any that find it fun.)

Yeah that’s pretty much why I’m fond of PL; it’s dumb entertaining fun. No deeper meaning to it.
Anonymous #5F71
@TheBridge  
That cap is from Derpibooru and was shared at one of /mlp/‘s alt boorus threads.  
Basically every time /mlp/ is raided or a thread is being blatantly derailed you can bet that soon or later someone is going to post a derpibooru screencap revealing they were the ones behind of that, all with DB’s mod and admin’s approval and protection.

I saw lots of people bragging about going to /mlp/ to purposely shitpost or piss off everyone, and not even once saw a mod or admin scolding or saying anything to them despite their rule about being excellent to each other.
RD8K
Artist -

Not interested in trading one set of crazy politics for another.
Not trade. More like a force end of shoving personal politics and indoctrination within kids entertainment. Once they realize one side is better at doing it then the other.
Zaknel
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Ezekiel 33:11
I just want you to keep in mind this is a long-time staff member who said this.

@Zeb  
@isaac_clark
I know some people interpret her that way to “make her ok to like”.
That way she’s “Not ’technically a Nazi”.
Up to you I guess. It’s an OC, make up whatever you want~
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Some weirdo keeps commenting on prep Vore pics saying they want an animated version of the pic.  
It’s been going on for over a month. They delete the comments but they just come right back.
Anonymous #5F71
@Dex Stewart  
Normal users get banned for having wrong opinions while that guy is free to stay and do whatever he wants.  
That’s Derpibooru’s staff for you.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Dex Stewart  
I can’t really think of a more petty thing to crack down on. It’s an objectively harmless comment. Unless they’re spamming it over and over on the same picture, all I can say is that you can now very clearly see e621’s influence spreading over there.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide