Video game thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@TeamBlueplant  
It’s a later game. In the first one, the first mission is recapturing a ship in Alaska and the last mission is in a desert town and is based on Blackhawk Down.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@office mare  
Yeah, such is the fate of a smaller community. I’d talk more but have generally less opinions about vidja than average. Mostly because I tend to obsess over a couple of games that I’ve put thousands of hours into, rather than spread out my playtime equally
user7853

speaking of talking

there is this playable character in DST who’s whole theme is being a boyscout that somehow ended in another dimension, and a fluff mechanic of his is to tell random stories when being idle near a campfire

some absolute madlad made a mod that reemplaces like the 5 minutes of dialogue with the entire bee movie script  
this is why all games should have mods one way or another
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Officer Hotpants  
full  
Ignore the idle games, of course, since they hardly count as “playing”.  
On top of that, there’s also minecraft, into which I’ve put ~6000 hours over the course of 2011-2013. And league, into which I’ve easily put ~4000 hours over 2012-2018. (those two are the main reason I said “thousands”)
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Officer Hotpants  
Don’t Starve Together, an instanced multiplayer survival/exploration game (sequel to just Don’t Starve) that sold out to chinks.  
some absolute madlad made a mod that reemplaces like the 5 minutes of dialogue with the entire bee movie script
any text input field should have bee movie script as testing instead of lorem ipsum

@Sapphie  
~6000 hours over the course of 2011-2013
Aka: about eight months of solid time out of ~36 or less.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Barhandar  
My 3k slot is still held by my retired GW2 account:  
full  
I’ll get there with Warframe eventually, and that’s not counting my hundreds (if not a thousand) hours on PS4. Originally played from somewhere around Cicero Crisis, Oxium Espionage, or Cryotic Front (can’t remember which) and retired right before Specters of the Rail, then got dragged into a new account on PC when Octavia dropped. If they ever get cross-prog, it’ll be nice to get the full set of arcane helmets merged in.
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Barhandar  
Yes, I’d spend a bunch of days playing it for 16 hours straight. Of course on school days I could only spend ~6-8 hours on it at most, and some days zero, so I estimate the average to be around 8 hours a day.  
@Azure Fang  
Yeah I’ve heard that warframe is a big time sink. Never played it myself, though
Barhandar
Artist -

@Azure Fang  
I’ve played since the first events, though the first I’ve actually patricipated in was the Fusion MOA one. The game was more fun back then before all the gunplay got invalidated by power creep and parkour changed into “bullet jump everywhere run through locations in a minute lul”. Pretty sure the Steel Path does the opposite of its intention and makes it even more skewed in favor of rapid enemy disablement/clearing as opposed to shooting at enemies, actually being able to feel heavy weapons (channeling was a mistake), etc.

@Sapphie  
Show your cuberical creations!
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Barhandar  
They were on a server that I’m not sure even still exists. I maybe could find some old screenshots if I crawled through old conversations. Here’s some stuff I recently found.  
I guess I could send screenshots from my current minecraft world, but it’s kinda boring since I’m a technical player rather than a creative one.  
full  
full
Barhandar
Artist -

I guess I could send screenshots from my current minecraft world, but it’s kinda boring since I’m a technical player rather than a creative one.
doesn’t matter functional processing chains are my fetish  
do it filly
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Barhandar  
Sure, but you’re gonna be sorely disappointed. I haven’t really put in the hours on this server.  
Main island that acts as my home base  
full  
Concentration camp Villager Housing  
full  
“Main room” of the base  
full  
Crafting area  
full  
(Unfinished) (Manual) reed farm  
full  
Super simple trash disposal  
full  
Front end trash disposal (+cat)  
full  
Future main base  
full  
Outside  
full  
Spawn island (made by another player)  
full  
Nether highway  
full  
Farm powered by tall black creatures Enderman farm  
full  
full  
That’s all that I made. I could show you some other stuff made by other players if you want
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based

Wally Worshiper
@Sapphie  
I’m counting on Rising World to be the Minecraft replacement we so desperately need. It runs smoother, it looks nicer, and tools that can instantly create walls, platforms, floors, and circles as big as you want with a few button clicks.
user7853

full  
fighting lion and yeet titan are just that much fun, shut. also not present in steam is league of legends, elite dangerous and RS2: vietnam.

i never quite managed to get into minecraft, i like the early game but mid to lategame feels boring and empty, plus i already have elite dangerous for the “spend hours of mind-numbing travel to get anywhere” experience, but atleast there is interesting space hijinks to see every now and then

@Barhandar  
yeh, i like klei as a game company but its sad that they sold out to the ching chongs
Barhandar
Artist -

i never quite managed to get into minecraft, i like the early game but mid to lategame feels boring and empty

Because vanilla minecraft is… “extremely basic and limited” is the most polite description. Also, “continuously fucking broken by idiotic code changes on both mojang and modding sides”, which is why for me versions past 1.12 don’t exist.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide