We're shutting down! Read more here

Video game thread

FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
Naw, it was Fallout 4: Equestria. The only way to give Fallout 4 any kind of value as a game…

full

R.I.P. Ten Pines. He died so that I wouldn’t have to burn my last stimpak on invisible mines (They loaded in, but failed to render their models properly. So they where invisible)
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Havoc  
Obviously I can,, as the CK story attests. However I can never bring myself to hurt a non-hostile dog. Even the most vile of villains I played in Fable 2 loved and doted upon their dog. He was the nicest, happiest little hellhound you’d ever meet.
Barhandar
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Officer Hotpants  
Don’t buy it, yarr it.

@Havoc  
Well obviously, if you keep hiring incompetent hacks and borderline-code-generators like chinese and indians, the dev costs will go down.

@FeatherTrap  
>buying stimpaks instead of stealing them  
>exploding ponies that you could probably find a mod to force into MAKING stimpaks for you instead
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Barhandar  
>pickpocket is worth much less as a skill then weapon or crafting skills  
>the mod I’m using is barely functional as is and certainly doesn’t have that feature

The only thing you can really do with them other then use and order them around is sell them, and for that you need to build a specific item in the workshop. And just to be obnoxious, it takes 24 hours for aforementioned sale to happen.

So unless you wanna just sleep time after time in order to grind caps, it’s faster to just use them in place of the tools you would otherwise buy.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Barhandar  
I know right? >.<  
The mod does give you some devices to build in the workshop to put them in compromising positions, but sadly that’s as far as that build got…and it hasn’t updated in a long time.

Fucking alpha builds, can we have some kind of social contract with mod authors, that you only release unfinished mods with the expectation that you will finish them?
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@TwilightShitlord  
Sometimes you get a gem like the appropriately-named Concerned Ape, though. The end of their most recent patchnotes included fixes to ensure or improve the compatibility of some of the more popular mods out there. CA merging the 4% into the 1%. That right there? That’s the kind of dev whose games you buy when they’re not on sale.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
4% of mods finished but broken for latest game version

That right there is why I got sick of Stellaris even before they started fleecing their paypiggy player base.

Too many essential mods that break every few weeks. God help you if it worked on mechanics they removed in the “expansions”
Barhandar
Artist -

That right there is why I got sick of Stellaris even before they started fleecing their paypiggy player base.
Uh, you’re aware they started doing it waaaay before Stellaris existed, right?  
And that is why Steam isn’t a good gaming platform for singleplayer/moddable games.
Havoc
Artist - shidtist
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
Speaking of mods, I tend to mod the shit out of Starbound and I need help fixing my mod collections.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Barhandar  
Shit. Forgot to mention that. Thanks.

@FeatherTrap  
Ah yes. Like when they removed two of the three FTL methods because it was “just too hard to make the AI use them properly” and “they made the multiplayer too chaotic”. And then reintroduced them under different names in paid DLCs. Plural.

God, I hate Paradox. It’s like they looked at EA’s model for The Sims and said “well shit! We can be scummier than _that!” And they were right. EA at least waited until the next game to remove core features that had been present from the very beginning to to sell as DLC.

@Havoc  
Speaking of devs who gutted their games for no good reasons…
Barhandar
Artist -

@Officer Hotpants  
Did they reintroduce “literally freeform movement over starmap” FTL in some new DLC?  
>Speaking of devs who gutted their games for no good reasons…  
“We don’t want our game to be Terraria in space with survival” is a reason. It’s not good reason, in fact, it’s a downright terrible one because there’s basically no content, but it’s still a reason.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Barhandar  
No, I mean when they moved from early access to full release and removed all the racially distinct weapon sprites in favor of giving every race the exact same weapons and gutted the races’ background lore. And when they removed the pet feature. And then added it back in but left out the ability to level them up, making combat pets pointless. And when, about a year post-full release, they cut a bunch of functions from the game’s engine under-the-hood that not only broke a shitload of mods but actually made some of them unfixable.

Oh, and as for Stellaris they reintroduced wormholes in one of the bigger DLCs and warp in another. I think one of them is called Utopia. I dropped the game years ago when I realized the pattern that was playing out.
Barhandar
Artist -

@Officer Hotpants  
The three FTL methods were hyperlanes, jumpdrive and crawl, wormholes weren’t one for obvious reason of “you can’t move between arbitrary starsystems with them”.

>And when, about a year post-full release, they cut a bunch of functions from the game’s engine under-the-hood that not only broke a shitload of mods but actually made some of them unfixable.  
They what. That’s unbelievably retarded. That’s literally worse than Bethesda.

@TwilightShitlord  
Paradox doesn’t do sequels, Paradox does a million DLCs. Know the picture that compares games to a fast food meal? Old-style game is full burger with fries being an addon, modern game is burger buns with what’s between them being DLC?  
Paradox is when every single strip of bacon and every single french fry is a separate DLC.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
@Barhandar  
Paradox is a trash company, that’s the overall point.

And Stellaris didn’t start off that way, they just borrowed the model they used for Crusader Kings II-  
Honestly no, I can’t even say that. With Stellaris they innovated on the model by having each new content update/expansion make the game worse.
Barhandar
Artist -

@FeatherTrap  
I can’t even disagree, because for example they’ve taken perfectly functional (if properly balanced, which they didn’t do) FIDSI and added ~processing~ to it. Or instead of fixing their morton’s fork of having to micromanage building or having unbelievably shit farmspammer “AI” do it for you, they’ve just forced micromanagement.
TwilightShitlord

Bad Dude
@Barhandar  
They do sequels. See Hearts of Iron and Crusader Kangs. They will do a sequel AFTER they sold you all the DLC. Then they start the process all over.

IT’S THE CIRRRRRRRRRRCLE OF LIFE, MOTHERFUCKERS!
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide