Vent Thread

Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
>been writing an FoE fic for the better part of 2 years  
>it gets shit views and has a horrible like/dislike ratio  
>I’m kinda able to stomach it because “well, FoE is a bit oversaturated at this point, so it makes sense, doesn’t mean my fic is bad”  
>see a fic trending on fimfic. fallout equestria. Has over 10x the views and likes of my fic, and has the same amount of dislikes  

Fuck dude, this really shouldn’t be hitting as hard as it does. I’m genuinely tearing up over this shit…
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Boxless  
Ah yes, let me post my fic to neopets dot org

@Zaknel  
I do have some ideas for stories like that, but at the same time I like writing in a pone setting. I really like the three races and I really like the universe in general.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Zaknel  
I wanna write more, but I don’t have any ideas at the moment. I can write crackfics easily, but actual stories are hard. The last real story I wrote was more of a prompt.
Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

@Sapphie  
Not sure what’s going on but start a cult.

Start a cult and place your written work at the center of the belief system as a holy text.

Sapphietology

Phone: Tom Cruise just called. He wants to know how much he’ll have to pay to get in.
Sapphie: No, no. It’s not about the mon…
Sapphie: …
Sapphie: …
Sapphie: Hmm? I’m sure we can work out an acceptable admission fee.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Good thing the cover is broken. I wrote note 7 for chapter 2 but I didn’t put the little superscript 7 in the text. I just found that mistake while formatting the kindle version. Now I have to reupload the text.

That was the only one I forgot, so it’s not all bad news.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
In order to look good on an actual kindle device the text has to look retarded with nonsensical spacing on the kindle create program. Maybe they should have made it a 1:1 so I wouldn’t have to spend the past hour redoing the whole thing.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Fucking road vs rode. The word road appears so many times in the book my brain doesn’t register it as a word anymore. I just now found the mistake. I have to re-re-re-re upload the thing now.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I spent a whole fucking hour trying to reach around the problem with the cover, uploading a PDF, and after resizing it 3 fucking times it’s so gigantic that all that fuckazon picks is the corner. Now I have to try the cover creator way again this is a piece of absolute fucking shit and I hate it.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
It’s Spanish for “What the ||fucking cunt-eyes shitballs ||do you want?”

Is how I feel like responding whenever someone won’t leave me alone.
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@EverfreeEmergencies  
In theory, autodedupe uses the reverse search algorithm itself. But since reverse search has been fucky, we’ve been struggling on that front.  
But yeah, when it’s fixed, don’t bother. Unless you’re just uploading singular pictures, it’s usually more work to reverse search than it is to merge.  
(That said lemme reemphasise that users are encouraged to do a reverse search before posting anything, but if we’re talking 20k images you don’t need to)
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@Sapphie  
Oh, no. I’m talking about my local stockpile. If it was for uploading I’d just the booru’s auto dupe checker handle it.  
@UrbanMysticDee  
I use hydrus network for my pony content. It’s sort of a booru and scraper packed into one program. When I find a pony image I want to keep, I prefer to find it on the boorus and give the image urls (or the search itself) to one of hydrus’s downloaders. One, it keeps track of every source url for an image, helpful for sharing or in case a file gets borked. Two, it means I don’t have to tag them myself. Pic related. Three, although mostly for uploading purposes, it lets me do some local dupe checking to find out which boorus an image does or does not exist on.

As for why I have 20,000 images to search for, I tend to scrape other places a lot with the intent of looking them up on the boorus later, both to determine if/where it exists and for the purpose of tags, only to get sidetracked with other things. Usually more things that aren’t yet on the boorus.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide