Vent Thread

Acres
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

It would be REALLY cool if the printer at my job just, you know, worked. It needs to take a breather every 3 copies.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
@Acres  
Why would they make a printer that just works though, when they can instead create a system that forces you to go out and buy more ink cartridges’ and other spare parts every time you wish to print something?

I have a burning hatred of printers for this reason, every time I try to use one I’m handed a seven hour sidequest to make it work…
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Got an email from the job (I thought the manager said she can’t send emails?), exact quote: “We are making some changes in the center and will let you know when you can come in . Please don’t come today.”

This isn’t even a job at this point. I was promised 3 days a week, 4 hours a day, not “We’ll call you when we need you.” I wouldn’t have filled out all the paperwork if I had known it was like this. Good thing I didn’t send my ID through email like they wanted (the I9 explicitly says ID must be physically examined, and I told them that, and they’re probably pissed at me I didn’t want to get in trouble with DHS over their questionable employment practices so they’re probably punishing me for obeying federal law).

Two days in a row I shower, get dressed, get ready to leave and I get a message “Don’t come into work today.” My first two days, no less.

This is fucking bullshit.

This is probably the most bullshit any job I’ve ever had. I’m not even sure I can say I’ve had this job since they told me not to come in my first two days, so I haven’t even technically started yet!

I’m probably going to leave this place off my resume.

The counter argument might be “Well, it is part time.”

Bull fucking shit. I’ve had lots of part time jobs and every one of them gives the schedule a week in advance, sometimes two weeks in advance. I’ve never had a job that was me sitting by the phone waiting for a sign like Moses. 1000% I would not have even applied for this job if I had known it would be like this.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@UrbanMysticDee  
I’m tired of editing the same post.

Employers must complete and sign Section 2 of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, within 3 business days of the date of hire of their employee (the hire date means the first day of work for pay).

They technically had me do work for 90 minutes one day last week. Legally they’d have to pay me for that (I sure as shit hope they pay me for that, I didn’t work for free). They haven’t verified my ID yet since I haven’t been in since then and it’s been more than 3 days, so technically they are violating federal employment law.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide