Big Bad Politics!

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
So far Glenn Youngkin has a substantial lead over Terry McAuliffe in the Virginia Governor election.

How much do you want to bet when the polls close and the Republican vote counters are kicked out exactly enough votes for McAuliffe will be found to push him over the top?

full
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
Anyone watching the race in Virginia? It certainly has been a interesting one. When CNN is running a snarky stuff like this on the democratic candidate it certainly means it ain’t going good for’em.

Overall, wait on the victory lap for Youngkin, history has Democrats beating polling here in the past.  
full

Not a full Youngkin fan but it is funny watching the Democrats shooting themselves in the foot so much in this election.

@UrbanMysticDee  
I see someone is. Didn’t I hadn’t readloaded the page. As for fraud. I tend to be more distrustful on these claims coming from either end even if I admit voting is as peach perfect as the media likes to portray.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
What’s surprising is that the race in NJ is closer than the race in Virginia (54-45 in Virginia, 51-48 in NJ). Also, my county was like 70% Republican and then all of a sudden switched to 70% Democrat in an instant. I was not expecting that.

I actually didn’t vote because there’s no point. This is a one party state and Republicans really are no better. The obese Repube who was governor a few years ago straight up wanted to murder anyone who had a puff of weed in their entire lives, he’s a nutjob.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
Update, Eric Adams has won the mayorship of New York City The black anti-crime candidate whom I consider probably corrupt but also a amusing in showing that the most fervent progressive anti-policing policy is a bit whiter then they imagine. Not the most 100% pro police myself I might add, though I imagine my stance is probably a bit whacky for both pro and anti cop folks.

@UrbanMysticDee  
And playing spoiler… perhaps. I don’t like the labelling of third party voters being spoiler as often for just as many voters who vote for the third party you can find more crossing over between them. She certainly seems “interesting” I’ll admit.

@UrbanMysticDee  
I think sitting out people underrated as a political act itself sometimes and I can understand it.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
So, Glenn Youngkin wonkin… Nah, let’s try a different meme. You Winsome and you Losesome

All and all, yeah Republicans have the right to take a victory lap. Will Glen Yougkin be a good governor? Probably not. Can be a bit of cycnic to politicians and while I am not a “everyone but the most extreme” or “we need more centerism” kind of guy exactly I think it is better to have always have some sketicism even for a politician you like. I am interested in the New Jersay race as it has drawn close.

Now on international politics, looks like Ethiopia is about to collapse or something Long story, rebels closing in on the capital. It is a looooooooooong story on ethic conflict but the basic gist is Ethiopia unites everybody into one political party and tries to liberalize. One ethic group, the Tigray doesn’t like it, it turns to fighting (FYI, they also used to rule Ethiopia) Ethiopia tries to put it down but does ethic cleansing which causes that all of them to unite. Fighting happens in moutains for awhile but they pull a Afghanistan, retake their home area and then team up with some other rebels and begin to invade other parts of the country.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
LOL! Last night’s peanut gallery reject told me “You’re the ONLY one on Twitter calling the New Jersey Election this close, loser.”

Today he deleted the tweet because they stopped counting votes with 1,000 separating Murphy & Ciattarelli & all remaining to be counted are Dem mail-in ballots.

I’ll say 1,000 votes out of 2.3 million is pretty fucking close.

And you look at his Twitter page and it’s all leftover MAGA stuff. He’s a dyed-in-the-wool “conservative” who “trusts the plan” and believes the cocaine addict pillow man is somehow going to miracle Trump into office any day now.

full

@Officer Hotpants  
The Italians tried but the world leaders were too busy spending lavishly on the fake god king Haile Selassie who had turned a blind eye to slavers raiding Italian Somaliland.
Anonymous #0847
There’s so much cope going on it’s great! They’re blaming everyone they can for Virginia from Biden Bernie to just secret Trump Nazis that committed election fraud!
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Murphy’s lead in NJ is less than the votes of the third party nobodies. The fact that it’s this close even with “fortification” has knocked my socks off.
Anonymous #372F
@Anonymous #0847  
A state is a state. What’s the significance of Reps winning Virginia specifically? Unless I’m grade A retarded I don’t remember it being as big a stronghold as Cali or Oregon.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Anonymous #372F  
They stole Virginia in 2020. A Republican winning means the state is in play, either because it has been “de-fortified” or because despite their cheating the people are just fed up with Dems in such large numbers they can’t cheat hard enough to steal those 13 electoral votes.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide