Big Bad Politics!

TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
@Anonymous #0847  
>John Oliver got someone Korean guy banned from youtube after whining like an impotent puke.  
What?! When did this happen?

@Officer Hotpants  
He maybe in ratings decline but unfortunately these late night host are still pretty heavy presences due to YouTube and other social media.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@TheBridge  
That’s just it, though. YouTube used to force him down your throat like he was the last active channel on the site. I could spend all day listening to Two Best Friends LPs and half my suggested videos by day’s end would still be his dumbshit takes delivered through his even-less-funny knock-off of Weekend Update. Nothing like having a guy who showed up less than a decade ago and never left his coastal bubble in all that time lecturing you on your local culture & history halfway across the third largest nation on the planet.

The fact that he just disappeared one day–no more videos from him, no more videos about him and no more mentions of him even in passing–and never reemerged in the years since led me to believe people finally got bored of the smarmy, flat-mouthed prick.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Officer Hotpants  
He still seems to be getting decent views but if one sorts by his most popular, yeah it looks like you are right that he isn’t being pushed as much.

>Nothing like having a guy who showed up less than a decade ago and never left his coastal bubble in all that time lecturing you on your local culture & history halfway across the third largest nation on the planet.  
Oh, yes, this. I rarely watched him but my personal pet peeve is when he presented food freedom efforts as something dangerous and stupid. Something not only many right wing anti government types like myself but also left leaning green people support for the obvious reason of being against big farming and corporatization of the food chain.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@TheBridge  
It also didn’t help that he regularly prescribed the British solutions to problems even when we could (and still can) see them not working. Like reducing violent crime by banning firearms. Working real well for the world’s tiniest empire.

Christ. I swear Britain is just Europe’s California.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Officer Hotpants  
He is very much of a top down, parental, regulated society, which I would argue in some parts is better for them and other ways isn’t. I won’t dismiss all critiques out of hand from a outsider with that perspective but I think though these explainers he does are popular with a lot of our elite class (not calling his viewers elites, but his employees and boosters) because a lot of them openly dream of us being more like Europe in that way (or China sometimes). Not all areas I think it is stupid to do so but his version of that is worse do it being in a very authoritarian desire often in effect. The same urge that causes one to say “there are no libertarians in the pandemic” and gush on and on about how great China’s lockdown measures were at first.

>. I swear Britain is just Europe’s California.  
To be fair, I have seen this sentiment with a lot of people from various countries, Britain they just import more snobby elites from there over here because it also has a elite like ours and feels nice to be validated by a outsider with some level of intelligence.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I had to look up who John Oliver is. If you look under “pedophile” in the dictionary you see his picture. He must be like the god of all pedophiles. Just look at him.

I’m not saying that as a fact, but come on, you know what he does when he’s alone or with his friends on Epstein’s island.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@UrbanMysticDee  
Weird, I actually don’t see him fitting a pedo stereotype, aside from the fact that a lot of those wealthy coastal city slickers live in a culture were sexual abuse is prevalent and thus are often guilty or at least somewhat complicit in it. Though I always reverse some hesitation in declaring everyone there guilty. By that same token, I consider a lot of figures the right loves to be in the same boat, power is power. Power can be abused

@Barhandar  
You know, Britain had Thatcher and California had Reagan and both became liberal left cultural nightmares*. One could be tempted that the free market emphasis of those two rotted away the cultural conservative axis to hold any line. I think that is a worthy critique of Reagan and Thatcher overall on some level but I also can talk myself out of that comparison by the fact that within the GOP political circles of the time Reagan was seen as too conservative in on the cultural front for the time.

@UrbanMysticDee  
My goodness, he really is a silly old bear at the end of the day!

*Note: liberal and left, I find these terms perilous in American political discourse for reasons that will take long to go into. I use liberal left to denote cultural far left policies that are more projects of bureaucratic nature of and am not saying liberal and left = the same thing.
Anonymous #372F
How the hell are they going to- well, they won’t. How the hell are they supposed to fix the fact over 40% of existing US dollars were printed in the last year and a half?
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Anonymous #372F  
There’s a method for that where the fed buys them back or something, it’s been done at least once before. They won’t do it because the stonk market will probably tank and that’s all anyone cares about because the stonk holders own everyone in the government. Stonks are the be-all-end-all of the US economy. If 99% of everyone was out of work and homeless and funny money was pushing stonk prices through the roof economists would still say the ecomedy was the best evar!

Also, I was going to put this in the useless facts thread, but since it’s about politics I’ll put it here:

Fortune cookies aren’t Chinese, they were invented in America by white people.

Pelosi visiting a fortune cookie factory in early 2020 to appear anti-racist against Chinese back when Trump wanted to close the borders to prevent the Coof from getting in was extremely racist and Pelosi was either so out of touch with reality she didn’t know or she just doesn’t care because she’s got a D after her name she can be as racist as she wants.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide