We're shutting down! Read more here

Video game thread

Mariculture
Artist -
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Amateur-er Autist
@FeatherTrap  
Personally, I believe a lot of the simping has to do with people not wanting to accept Infinite isn’t that great, given how long the community has spent preaching “This is 343’s last chance, if Infinite isn’t amazing Halo is dead”.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@EverfreeEmergencies  
Oh undoubtedly, but that doesn’t change the fact that I expect better from the likes of Act Man. When he’s at his best, he can be much more objective and honest about a game’s failings then this.

Also, HaloFollower and HiddenXperia are content based on simping. Halo devs could post an eighteen page “Kill Whitey with rusty crowbar” rant on Twatter and they would unironically make a video claiming it’s a “bold new direction” for the Halo franchise, because the only value in their content is the “exclusive” interviews that come with being a ball-licker.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I tried Mortal Shell today, because I got it free a while back. It was awful. It’s slow and clunky to the point that I’m certain everyone is equipped with crap they built out of junk metal instead of real weapons and armor. The lazy susan-ing is worse than Dark Souls II’s and a lot of the attacks don’t even look like attacks. The enemies just sort of jump at you while flailing awkwardly. The pc is no better. Part of what made me quit was that I was so sick of my idiot missing stationary enemies despite being locked on.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@Officer Hotpants  
Speaking of the first game, I decided to get it since it’s on sale for $3 until the 14th. I’d heard it was complex, but I wasn’t expecting exactly how much. Or how small the text and UI would be.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@Officer Hotpants  
F4SE comes with a read only file called “CustomControlMap.txt”. Copy that to Fallout 4/Data/F4SE (create the folder if it isn’t there, obviously). Uncheck read only in the properties and open it in a text editor. The first column describes the action, the second column is the virtual key code. Third and fourth are mouse and controller codes, but there’s no documentation on how to use this file so I don’t know what the codes in those columns mean. I also don’t know if you need to recheck read only when you’re done, but I did anyway.

The “melee” key is on line 9. Change whatever value is in the second column to 0xff. This unbinds the key completely. Although this might not be necessary if you don’t plan on rebinding left alt to anything. If you had any non-default keybinds I believe you’ll need to rebind them through this file too. Make sure to delete “ControlMap_Custom.txt” from Documents/My Games/Fallout4 if it exists, otherwise customcontrolmap won’t work.

Next, get Fallout 4 Hotkeys. I used the full version since I’m not sure if the console would work with the lite version. Launch the game, load a save, open the console and use these two commands:

hotkey [input] player.pa ActionThrow  
hotkey [input] player.pa ActionMelee

You can use pretty much any input you want.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@EverfreeEmergencies  
Thank you. I have a nasty habit of wanting to hold the key down that was trained into me by the last 20 years of Bethesda games. Fuck them just… just so god damn much for fucking with the basic controls.

In fact triple-fuck them for assigning three different commands to that key, actually. Because it also ejects your fucking fusion core if you take the last rank of nuclear physicist (which you’ll want to for the additional 50% core life). Which is real god damn fun when you think you have grenades equipped. On the off chance it doesn’t kill you while you’re wondering what happened, whatever car it sets off will. Or it’ll blow up whoever you’re trying to protect. Fuck Todd to death. Then revive him and fuck him to death again.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Officer Hotpants  
Welcome to cOnSoLeFoCuSeDdEsIgN and key deficiency on gamepads.  
(which you’ll want to for the additional 50% core life)
I’ve just installed a mod to make it only drain when actually used (i.e. jetpacking) as opposed to >lol lmao we used fallout bible as toilet paper.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Cyborg_pony  
Forever chasing the smattering of people who want nothing to do with them as the expense of their once loyal audiences. It was a combination of factors that put me off of buying any more of their shit past the PS3 but the combination of multiplat games running like low tier ass on their hardware combined with this exact kind of behavior were big factors.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
Why are Skyrim horses so shit? I bought one specifically so I could overencumber myself in a dungeon and not spend a quarter of an hour walking back to a merchant, and when I exit the dungeon my horse is dead on the ground for seemingly no reason.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@EverfreeEmergencies  
Because Bethesda put more work into shoehorning in the creation club than they put into the game. It took them two years to patch the game up to a playable 1.0 release. In two years time they didn’t manage to fix even a 1/5 of the issues the community patch had before the first year was over. And then, when they released the “special edition”, they not only couldn’t be bothered to take the opportunity to get ahead of it and fix the plethora of longstanding issues but actually managed to lose fixes from the original version’s patches.

If they can’t even be bothered to make the game work right, how could they possibly be bothered to make it work well?
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

Because Bethesda put more work into shoehorning in the creation club than they put into the game.
Remember, what Bethesda wants is to invest absolute least effort and money into something with the greatest profit they gain. Hence the creation club, where mod maker gets a single-time payment and bethesda gets everything else, for example: zero work, all gain.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide