Video game thread

Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Oh no, he's here?
@IvanSatoru  
Chucklefish. Developers of Starbound and publisher of numerous games including Stardew Valley, known for in incident during Starbound development of exploiting unpaid, as well as underage, individuals to create core content for the game under the guise of buzz-terms such as “internship” and “industry experience”.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@Azure Fang  
What’s it do?

@Azure Fang  
your ugly “retro” games need a 3GHz+ processor to do what my gameboy does

I was more talking about the fact that one of the least graphically intensive games that I own is also the poorest performing that I own.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
Misquote on the second half.

Anyway, don’t bother. It adds the current alpha-state soundtrack from Signs of Life to all relevant Starbound biomes/sub-biomes/undergrounds and adds a few radios for tracks that didn’t fit as ambient. The tracks are poorly mastered and haven’t been normalized (again, the origin game is still in alpha and audio polish tends to occur during beta), but it was an easy to fill request since I own SoL anyway.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@ANoobis  
Chrono Cross was a god damn work of art in that regard. Just a shame the actual gameplay was the very definition of ass and the story was confused even for a time travel story.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Azure Fang  
For me it’s this, followed by this. I have entire days when I’ll just let the former run in the background on loop.

The element system was fucking garbage. They tried to replace items with magic while simultaneously turning magic into items in an attempt to get rid of the concept of MP. They copied off the FF8 team’s homework and somehow managed to make the draw & junction system even dumber.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
The majority of my favorite games were made before 2010. I don’t know what it is, but very few newer games manage to make enough of an impression.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Twitter activists are trying to cancel the new Star Wars game because it’s being developed by Quantic Dreams. I’m not sure how they are ‘problematic’, because I don’t care about that kind of shit, but it’s funny seeing Disney getting attacked for associating with the wrong people by the audience they courted.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide