Video game thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Hogwarts Legacy is getting reviewed very well. A lot of articles are obviously bitter about how good it turned out to be, and devote a number of paragraphs to running down Rowling and begging for the mob to not cancel them. If it’s pulling down 9 and 10 scores in this environment, it must be good.

I’m curious to see the stats regarding which house players join. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out Gryffindor is a distant fourth. On top of everything else, it looks really lame compared to the others.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Today was the first day people who preordered Hogwarts Legacy could play. Activists spent the day DDoS’ing and harassing streamers. Someone made a witch hunt site that tracks everyone who ever streamed it.
Posted Report
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Also because the lead devs weren’t woke enough for them, and voted wrong in the election. XP

You know what I mean
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Hogwarts Legacy is pretty woke. That’s been downplayed by almost everyone in this controversy. Despite being set in the 1800s, the student body looks more like they came from San Francisco than England. There’s a trans character that appears to be a male face and voice attached to a female character model. Character creation works like this.

It’s the new canonical example of nothing ever being enough for the mob.
Posted Report
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ANoobis  
The game might be, but the devs had some not very woke opinions on things. I mean if fucking arch-lefty matriarchal-feminism-or-death J.K. Rowling can be condemned by the cult for just pointing out that a woman is an adult human female, then fucking no-one is safe.

That’s why they call it a Purity Spiral, one step outta line bucko… One. Fuckin’. Step. XP
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

@ANoobis  
A trans character with a male face like the trans bathroom in Dead Space remake is pretty pretty in hindsight.

It’s also hilarious; Magic that can turn you into all sort of things, perform outrageous spells yet; Can’t make you purely female.
Posted Report
Anonymous #F9D1
@Cyborg_pony  
>trans bathroom  
So… unisex? I hate tranny pushing as much as the next man, but unisex bathrooms seems like a stretch.  
The only other way I can imagine a trans bathroom is a bathroom restricted to eunuchs.
Posted Report
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@ANoobis  
I’ve played the game for 10 hours straight so far. Almost Every major story character and side quest character has been either white or tan. There has only been 1 major black character forced onto me so far, a black female from Gryffindor, and in cases where I had the option to have either her or a white guy from Slytherin join me on a quest, I always chose the white guy. My character Is also a white male on team Slytherin. I found the tranny character in Hogmead, and whats funny is that he’s an accurate portrayal of trannies irl. He has a masculine face and a deep, manly voice. As long as they’re not making trannies with unrealistic “passing” feminine traits, I am 100% OK with that.

Now what’s interesting is that when I tried to make a white female character, despite there being white female students with pale skin, the whitest I can make my custom female character is white with a slight yellow undertone. This is in contrast to my white male character who can have paler looking white skin. Why they made it so you can’t make your female character just as pale, I don’t know. Too much weed fog in the dev room, I guess.
Posted Report
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
If you play any metal slug game on an emulator, blood is disabled and what comes out when someone dies is some white stuff. You have to enable it by activating some setup menu in-game. On NeoDS, you do that by pressing A B X at the same time.  
That’s right. I’m playing the original metal slug on nintendo DS Lite.
Posted Report
Anonymous #F9D1
@TrukkinDuck  
I don’t know. I’m just trying to make sense of what a trans bathroom could possibly be. I’m avoiding gameplay of it because I’ve never played Dead Space. I doubt I’ll be able to avoid spoilers for as long as it takes for me to afford blowing money on new components to run it, but I can try.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Activists have started posting Hogwarts Legacy spoilers all over social media. Anyone who cares about spoilers should avoid all socials for the next few days.

This reminds me of the ‘Snape kills Dumbledore’ trolls from way back. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these activists turned out to be the same people who had breakdowns over the book being spoiled for them.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Predictably, nothing was enough. Hogwarts Legacy’s trans character’s inclusion is transphobic. The character creator is a virtue signal. The devs would be in less hot water with these people if they hadn’t tried to appease them.
Posted Report
BikerDash

Onto a different game…  
Whomever it was that decided to place a seemingly impossible to defeat SS soldier that you have to kill with seemingly impossible to use melee skills at the end of the 1st mission in CoD®️: WWII, they need to have their entire family publically spit roasted, then cleaned like a chicken goin into the oven to bake.  
Seriously, everything up to that point was at an expected level of difficulty, THEN THAT CUNTED BULLSHIT! after the twentieth time gettingbthat cunted knife into me, the controller exploded. Violently.  
full  
full
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide