Video game thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Polygon’s Hogwarts Legacy review insinuates that racial diversity is racist. The devs should have just made the game without trying to score brownie points. They’d be in less trouble with the people they were trying to pander to.
Disappearing into Hogwarts Castle doesn’t render this ongoing debate invisible. In fact, the world of Hogwarts Legacy — in particular, the game’s conspicuous attempts at diversity — illuminates Rowling’s hatefulness in stark relief. Somehow, Hogwarts as it existed in the 1890s, when the game takes place, is more diverse along every axis than it is in 1995, when the Harry Potter novels begin. When I read the books as a young girl, I longed for more Indian representation than just Parvati and Padma Patil. In Hogwarts Legacy, multiple professors are Indian, as are my classmates. There’s a potion vendor in one of the small hamlets that has the same name as my mother. Rather than providing comfort, it makes me skeptical. While Rowling’s racial representation has never been good, tossing a half-dozen Indians into the Scottish countryside willy-nilly isn’t exactly better. Where did they come from — India, which was still under British rule in the 1800s? And where did they all go by the time Harry got there?
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’m really liking Ishin. Too bad it took a Kiwami-style remake to finally get it localized, I wish I’d had this game nine years ago.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Games Done Quick has banned all Harry Potter and FNaF games from their events. GDQ is a charity. They should be focused on what brings in the money.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@TrukkinDuck
Because of that one activist that dug into his donation history and found that he gave to the Trump campaign. That’s why he was doxxed, and his family was harassed.
Posted Report
DvneT

Derpibooru Ref-cute-gee
@ANoobis
“Let’s ban the most popular game right now and one of the most popular series of the past decade.” Nice tactic for a charity event, something that will actively lose you money. It’s not like someone’s speedrunning Ethnic Cleansing or ZOG’s Nightmare or something.
That would be absolutely hilarious though.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide