Video game thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Officer Hotpants  
Funny thing is, even if they did that, it wouldn’t be enough. This game is getting the same “if you buy it, you’re a bigot” push that Cyberpunk 2077 did. The journos and twits won’t be appeased by anything because they want Rowling and everything she’s ever touched to be Stalin-style erased from history.
TrukkinDuck
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Nopan is best pants
I would start a new thread buuut…

So I need help with my visual novel fangame that I call Welcome to Equestria

Remember Welcome to Ponyville? Yep, that was a good game that didn’t get finished. But guess what? I’m gonna remake it. Though I would need some help, I need sprite artists (preferably show accurate), voice actors, background designers (also show accurate), and some people who have experience with Python and/or renpy coding. Additional roles may include, story designers and errr…. someone to make diagrams? Yeah. Now I know what you’re thinking so I’m gonna answer them beforehand.

1. This game will be free. No money is being made. Not only because I can’t afford to pay anyone right now but most likely it’ll get C & Ded due to the laws on Fan works

2. It’ll be made in secret as to avoid getting C & Ded too early

3.The story would be near similar to the original game. Unless the former team wants to give me their script

4.This takes place after Generations and before Last Problem, so just warning you now if you don’t like anything about my idea you can leave or ignore this post.

3. I’ll credit your efforts because I should and I dislike taking it all for myself anyway. Everyone is equal here

And that should be all. The prologue is half made, I’m just stuck at attempting to replicating the next part

Shameless plugin I know

Also no guarantee I/we could finish it.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
MCC (The Best Game ever brought to you in the Worst Port ever) is even more broken then usual now.  
Whenever you try to join a Custom Browser Match, you don’t end up connecting, only the dreaded message:  
The game session that you were waiting to join has ended

It’s not just me, this is being talked about on the forums and even r/MCC. This is an issue with the game itself, not anyone’s connection.

Tinfoil hat time: Who bets that the sudden inability to play Custom Browser Games is an act of sabotage by 343 Industries to get people who remain loyal to Bungie Halo to play their shitty fucking Halo: Infinite instead? Inflate these fucking abysmal numbers?

It’s bad enough that they can’t make a proper fucking Halo game to save their lives, but now they’ve started defecating all over the work of developers who actually had creativity, talent and pride in their work in order to prop up their failing pile of garbage.
Athena

1. This game will be free. No money is being made. Not only because I can’t afford to pay anyone right now but most likely it’ll get C & Ded due to the laws on Fan works
  2. It’ll be made in secret as to avoid getting C & Ded too early
Might be worth checking out Friendship with Benefits [explicit] on Steam to see how you can make a legally distinct fangame without infringing on copyrights and potentially monetise it as well (there’s even a mod [questionable] to “restore” the characters).
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
@FeatherTrap  
At this point, I’d gladly rather go and play either Apex Legends, PUBG, CS:GO, Call of Duty Mobile, Garena Free Fire, PS4 Skyrim SE, Megaman X-Dive, as well as Enter the Backrooms or buy RUST for Xbox One (Especially if its not feasible to get a new desktop to replace the old Compaq XP in the old computer room) or Doom 3: BFG Edition for my PS3.
TrukkinDuck

Nopan is best pants
@twiByte  
The heck this is literally an mlp fan game that underwent the legal treatment that TFH’s went. Thanks for the suggestion. Considering its on steam, its understandable.

But I definitely don’t plan to release mine on steam. It will be solely a fan game as is. Know any platforms? Does itch.io allow it? Also, wanna join my team if you can help in some way?
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
It’s not just this new problem everyone’s complaining about though, my friends and I essentially play Halo through MCC for Steam every day, recapturing the magic of my foalhood.

And we ourselves have noted that with each weekly “update”, online play gets worse and worse. The input lag has gradually increased from 0.75 seconds (enough of a delay to loose a melee you should have won or fire off a shot that would have saved your life) to 1.5 seconds (enough time for the player to avoid a sticky that should have landed or for them to walk behind you and assassinate you on their end).

It also creates some effects where bullets seem to pass through walls, and sometimes the non-hosting player just throws grenades without being prompted to for no reason. Also, often when the non-hosting player throws a grenade, between 2-4 instances of a grenade spawn for every one that was thrown, and while this can be comical it often has the effect of killing the player who threw it, marking their death as a suicide and taking a point away from them.

All this was going on for months before this latest break, I don’t know if it was always getting worse since launch and I only just picked up on it, but it seems to me that online play has been getting incrementally worse and worse on MCC ever since Infinite’s launch. That’s why I’m convinced that it’s malice, not incompetence, on 343’s part.

I mean, 343 Industries is horrendously incompetent but that doesn’t preclude sabotage. Especially when it’s been so consistent and similar problems don’t seem to be plaguing their recent release as badly as the woeful player count does…
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@FeatherTrap  
Huh. I had been chocking the horrible multiplayer experience up to the modern halo community not being interested in casual play. Even had a friend who practically worships at 343’s feet and hasn’t been able to play halo for a month stop playing after three matches yesterday because they were so unenjoyable.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
The Halo TV show and upcoming Fallout TV show demonstrate to me how absolutely immature and insecure gamers are in their own supposedly favourite media. “Look guys, we’re getting a TV show now! We’ve really made it big now guys!”

Do you all remember back in 2003 when it was still not cool to like video games, and they where seen as entertaining distractions for kids at best-and demonic corrupting influences at worst. Back then, when Bungie was advertising Halo 2, they had ads playing in movie theatres. That never happened before, I still think it’s very uncommon to see it even now.

Halo used to be a franchise with the big dick energy to come right into your theartre and say “Hi there, your Hollywood Garbage Movie is shit, play our game instead!”. Now it’s been reduced to “L-Look guys, we gotta let Amazon make massive re-writes to the lore to the point where it’s unrecognizable…c-cause it’s a TV show now, guys! This is it, we’re really making it big now…”

What absolute micropenis level energy, the Amazing Atheist would like to tell you his dick is bigger then yours now. And we have an accurate scale for that comparison, thanks to the banana.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
I reject the categorization of “fanfic” in this discussion, because it implies that these hacks are fans of the media they are adapting.

Or even played the game.

Or even read the wiki on the game.

Which they did none of that.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Humble Oriathan  
No don’t be retarded, the Raiders will be called the Proud Boys, be obsessed with building a wall and their battlecry will be “Blood and Soil”.

A portrayal of wokeoids that isn’t intended as a 100% pure Mary Sue, honestly…you really haven’t been playing the slightest bit of attention at all, have you?

Woke characters are so awful simply because the morality of the woke is so absolutely skewed and fucked up. They’re the most racist people on the planet and brag about being “anti-racist”.  
They’re completely self-absorbed but won’t shut up about how much they care because they speak the newspeak words.  
They’re the most spiteful, hateful, misanthropic little shits to have ever walked the earth, and they fool people into thinking they fight for “love and tolerance” because they direct that vitriol at the “right people”.

Woke characters are terrible despite all attempts to make them morally perfect because their morality is inherently fucked, not because of any intention on the part of the writers. Woke raiders, really…you would think they would portray their own as degenerate, sadistic sociopaths when they can use Trump Supporters instead?
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@TeamBlueplant  
They hang mutilated corpses around their lairs, I don’t think they’re that stupid as to pull the “their just misunderstood” card.

…then again they also tried to pull that shit with the Tuskans in Mando and Book of Boba…so who knows.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide