Video game thread

FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
@ANoobis  
I’m not sure if Bethesda will let them do West Coast stuff though. If they do, expect Richard Grey to be a Trump allegory and the Unity’s slogan to be “Make America Great Again”.
ANoobis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@FeatherTrap  
They don’t have to do west coast stuff. If they were to, for example, set the show in Florida and call it the Everglades Wasteland, they’d be in perfectly unexplored territory. They could make up almost any faction they wanted, and if one of those was a less evil raider group that happened to retread ground the Khans had already paved, that would be within their mandate.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@Officer Hotpants  
I’ve played about an hour of the first one so far with no issues and without having to do anything extra other than start the game. The only thing that was missing that I had to add myself was 1920x1080p resolution.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
Now I’m thinking which games are typically more of a thorny nightmare to work with: The S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, practically any game made with the Build Engine (such as Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, NAM, and Shadow Warrior), OR the titles developed by Bethesda game studios?
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Absol95  
If we’re only talking about older titles, then (mostly from what I’ve merely heard):  
-Build games are a pain in the ass to get running  
-Stalker games are a pain in the ass to keep running  
-Bethesda games mostly work fine on the pure engine level but are brimming with bugs and scripting errors.

For newer ones, Build works fine and we’ve yet to get our hands on the new Stalker. Bethesda’s shit, meanwhile, barely works right after patching it to the point that it looks like a metaphorical fabric swatch stand in a craft shop.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The Kingdom Hearts 4 announcement trailer hit. It appears that there’s a Star Wars world now, assuming that’s an AT-ST foot.

full
Cyborg_pony

@ANoobis  
I can’t care enough. The star wars will probably ham-hand Rey into it, FORCE you. (heh) to have her in your party and probably focus on the live-action failures that no one likes. That’s probably why it’s being made now, to be a product placement.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
@Absol95
If we’re only talking about older titles, then (mostly from what I’ve merely heard):
-Build games are a pain in the ass to get running
-Stalker games are a pain in the ass to keep running
-Bethesda games mostly work fine on the pure engine level but are brimming with bugs and scripting errors.
For newer ones, Build works fine and we’ve yet to get our hands on the new Stalker. Bethesda’s shit, meanwhile, barely works right after patching it to the point that it looks like a metaphorical fabric swatch stand in a craft shop.

Ok sure thing, but when is the big cut-off between their old and new stuff as far as you are concerned?
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Absol95  
For Bethesda? I’d say around Skyrim. That’s when the engine started breaking down the hardest. There’ve always been occasional crashes and freezes but they went from something that would happened every 20 or 30 hours (and rarely meant anything in Morrowind thanks to the emergency save-on-crash feature) to something that would happen every 5 or 6. And unlike Fallout 3/NV, they were never able to resolve most of its issues via developer-made patch. And while Fallout 4 (in my experience) seems to have reduced the frequency of crashes a bit, it also brought us the agonizingly long load times on area transitions on top of them. And I shouldn’t even have to recount the legend of Fallout 76.

For Build Engine games, the dividing line would be that 20 year period in which no build engine games were made.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@TeamBlueplant  
Without the load accelerator mod, Fallout 4 loading screens very frequently take upwards of a minute (with more extreme cases lasting 3 to 5). That’s not when you first load the game. That’s every single transition screen while you’re playing. And largely independent of your hardware.
EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
The new firefight additions in the MCC are pretty cool. Unfortunately almost everyone in my friend group has been driven to uninstall the game for one reason or another.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide