Vent Thread

Anonymous #995C
@Acres  
I’m sorry.

I lost my source of venison. A convenience store/“jerky outlet” about twenty-five miles from me used to have a freezer with exotic meat–venison, bison, elk, and so on. I used to buy frozen venison from them now and then to make stew or chili. They didn’t go out of business, but they now keep ice cream in that freezer and no longer sell exotic meat. Maybe I was their only customer I don’t know.

Feels bad, man. Maybe not as bad as a freezer full of food getting ruined, though.
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
FUCKING FUCK!

Egg timer manufacturers really really don’t want you to repair their egg timers because they design the egg timer to self destruct if you take it apart and even after five fucking hours even putting it part of the way back together is impossible.

The first thing to go was the spring. If it’s not held in place on top and bottom it flies out of alignment and curls into twists. When you try to put it back it detaches. When you try to reattach it it enfolds in on itself and the ends catch and have to be separated. When you separate them the metal bends and you need to spend at least two hours with needle nosed pliers to turn it back into a spring, which is impossible.

So now the thing is unusable but you figure you can at least put all the other pieces back together and have a desktop toy that spins.

Nope.

The escapement is so unbalanced that there’s no way to set it and put the two halves together again. You can’t put it back together by setting up all the gears from the bottom up, you can’t do it from the top down (I gave up on the clapper at this point since without the spring it wouldn’t ring, and even with those two pieces set aside still couldn’t get it back together), and you can’t even put everything else together and squeeze the escapement in because all the gears are interleaved so there’s no way to fit it simultaneously above and below two different gears if those other two gears are already in place.

But wait! Superglue! Superglue has very low shear strength. You can superglue the gears in place and then put the two halves together and then just spin the dial and break the glue!

And you put the one gear upside down and have to start over.

So you glue everything again, right side up, and finally put it together.

But it doesn’t spin. For whatever reason the escapement is keeping the other gears from turning even if you use pliers and all your strength. The spring tension must be the only thing powerful enough to turn the damn piece.

So you take the escapement out and now you have four gears and a face plate that you can turn left and right one full turn and then turn it back and that’s it.

I am so fucking pissed off at Sunbeam for designing this piece of shit that wasted half a day.

full

These are what the internals look like, only these are plastic and will break in a week, not metal that will last 20+ years. They are nicely color-coded. That pink piece is the one that caused half the trouble. The main spring is not visible.
Luzion
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Donor | Lyra -
Squirrel of Legend - A squirrel that was there in a time of great need

Senior Moderator
pingus
Ready to just throw everything away and go back on my “happy pills”.

Nobody wants to accept my sudden and positive change in mood. They tell me my mood flips to quickly, as opposed to before where I was just a zombie living each day feeling nothing. I’d rather have mood swings then no mood. My vacation was ruined due to certain family members I wanted to avoid insisting on coming with me.

My family and friends are accusing me of taking drugs, the last illegal drug I took was ketamine in late 2019. I get more heated lately and argumentative but that’s because I finally have the guts to say what I feel and feel in general.

Even if I wanted more meds, I can’t be seen till late August still…

Everyone is telling me my life is falling apart but I’ve never felt more sure about things. Maybe from an outside perspective it is, but I feel like everything is going great.

I just want to be happy but now everyone is concerned I’m too happy or some shit. Why even bother trying to make things better. I’ll just take my VA disability, buy a 1 bedroom shack in the mountains and live there for the rest of my life.

Life doesn’t want me but I’ve made promises to late friends. I’m not going anywhere, but a relocation into isolationism seems likely at this point.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Oh, look at the beautiful weather! I think I’ll open my wind-

NO! Fuck you! You live in ‘Muricurbia and don’t you forget it! Your neighbors are doing construction on the one nice day of the week sending clouds of cement dust into the air. HA HA HA! Suffer in the heat and stale air!
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Angle-Considerer
My phone is interpreting touches on the left edge of the screen as if they were slightly further to the right causing me typing problems and other kinds of problems.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide