Disney Sucks

Anonymous #5737
I consider the New Jedi Order and Fate of the Jedi to be the REAL Sequels to ROTJ.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Eternals and Shang Chi are likely to be barred from China. Disney has some rough months coming up, with their relationship with China deteriorating.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Disney has a $100 sandwich coming to their parks’ upcoming Marvel campus and the price tag has been drawing controversy. It is intended for 6 to 8 people, but I’ll note that if you have 6 people it’s more expensive than getting six of the individual paninis.

full
Anonymous #B5E6
@ANoobis  
Have you ever read any Kornbluth?

“The Advent on Channel Twelve

It came to pass in the third quarter of the fiscal year that the Federal Reserve Board did raise the rediscount rate and money was tight in the land. And certain bankers which sat in New York sent to Ben Graffis in Hollywood a writing which said, Money is tight in the land so let Poopy Panda up periscope and fire all bow tubes.

Whereupon Ben Graffis made to them this moan:

O ye bankers, Poopy Panda is like unto the child of my flesh and you have made of him a devouring dragon. Once was I content with my studio and my animators when we did make twelve Poopy Pandas a year; cursed be the day when I floated a New York loan. You have commanded me to make feature-length cartoon epics and I did obey, and they do open at the Paramount to sensational grosses, and we do re-release them to the nabes year on year, without end. You have commanded me to film live adventure shorts and I did obey, and in the cutting room we do devilishly splice and pull frames and flop negatives so that I and my cameras are become bearers of false witness and men look upon my live adventure shorts and say lo! these beasts and birds are like unto us in their laughter, wooing, pranks, and contention. You have commanded that I become a mountebank for that I did build Poopy Pandaland, whereinto men enter with their children, their silver, and their wits, and wherefrom they go out with their children only, sandbagged by a thousand catch-penny engines…”

They’re no more shameless than ol’ Walt was, though it is arguable that he had certain aesthetic standards and a certain artistic vision to which the people who have been trading on his name and wearing his studio’s skin as a suit for the past forty years no longer bother to make a pretense.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Bob Iger just dumped half of his Disney stock. He isn’t scheduled to leave the board until December. The official line is that he’s doing it to diversify his portfolio, but there are rumblings that he’s doing it in anticipation of the next quarterly earnings call. Disney is already working to prime the shareholders for bad numbers with almost a month to go.

@Napsack  
That’s also a promo image and is attempting to show the product in the best possible light. Apparently this is more representative of the actual sandwich.

full
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Marvel has been doing this thing called United States of Captain America, wherein Captain America goes around meeting diverse local captain americas or something. Marvel keeps getting into hot water because their diversity captains are in poor taste.

First it was the first nations guy, who got them negative attention for his stereotyped design. And the whole ‘making a native Captain America to represent the US after the plains indian wars’ thing.

full

Now they have a new controversy with their Filipino American captain. Her name is ‘heroic vagina’ in Tagalog.

full
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Dex Stewart  
It isn’t even the first time they’ve done this. Outlets like yahoo news and the like are sucking Disney’s dick for “unveiling the first Native American Captain America”, but back in the 1970’s Marvel introduced American Eagle.

full

They backed off his design because they realized it looked racist. This is what he looks like now.

full
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Dex Stewart  
His gimmick is that he’s a vigilante biker.

full

It serves as a motorcycle helmet, while still evoking the whole eagle thing. Kind of like Gatchaman, only less extreme with the bird theme.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Disney has been receiving a lot of backlash over the fiasco that is their Boo Bash ticket rollout. The thing that sticks out to me is that people are buying in the first place. Boo Bash is replacing their usual Halloween party. The tickets are more expensive, and by a lot, the event is several hours shorter, and there’s much less to do. For some reason, the tickets are selling out so fast that people are having actual meltdowns over not being able to get them.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
So, like Disney Star Wars half the time? I’m not talking about the Last Jedi, but how their supposed unified canon keeps getting overwrite and retconed over and over
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide