Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Anonymous #5F71
dErPiIsThEoNlYrEaLcOmMunItyIfYoUaReAcLoUtGoBlIn

Yeah, I saw that thread. That guy was either Ciaran being ciaran or just a good roleplayer fishing for some free (you)s, the sad thing was how difficult to tell them apart they sound like.
Barhandar
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Anonymous #5F71  
Practical applications of Poe’s Law. It’s not that difficult to replicate the narcissistic “I-am-superior-to-you” tone, utter lack of comprehension of what others are saying (presumably due to a lifetime of lying and talking AT people instead of WITH them), and complete inability to shut up.
Zaknel
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ezekiel 33:11
@Anonymous #9E34  
I had (past tense) issues with Mikey, but he has since cleared up his act that I had problems with. A testament that the staff on there is not soulless or blindly evil.

I was kinda bugged by TSP, but never had much interaction with him. So my lack of issues with him may be solely due to limited interaction with him.

Nebbie proved to me that he does not truly care for my concerns about Derpi. Like they were just some kind of joke to point and laugh at.

Joey is twice as bad as as I just described Nebbie, if not more.

But other than that, I could not think of much to say. Nittany Discord, even if we disagree on Biblical scripture, is a pretty good guy to have around. And Mikey has certainly stepped up his game.

Thing is that Ciaran is, by far, the most active staff member, and who constantly paints the image of the site when people are on interacting on it. And when he is lying about what the site is and does, him the most active person on there, that shows us mostly his flawed ideals. And the unwillingness or inability of other staff to reign him in can, in some ways, make them just as bad as him.
Anonymous #0385
I don’t think derpifags are able to handle the fact that they are a community in decline while the altboorus are expanding very well. They seem to be lashing out recently.
Aperture_tech
Not a duck badge -

@Zaknel  
Eh, take it with a grain of salt. /mlp/ isn’t for everyone, might not be your thing. It might just be shitposters but at least one of the posters in a recent thread caught my eye with his posting style that makes me think he might be a legit user, based on his reaction to a post about kiwifarms.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Anonymous #0385  
Are they in decline? And are the alts expanding quickly? Ponerpics still feels like a desert and Twibooru is impossible to judge from the outside. A lot of people here still seem to use Derpi regularly in any case.
Zaknel

@ANoobis  
I stopped using Derpi when I tried to talk out my issues with Ciaran in DMs, and all I got was that the facts I laid out for him in elaborate detail were just simply wrong. No counter-argument. No explanation to where he thinks I got confused. Just that I was wrong. And in one of my arguments’ cases, despite my going out of my way to make it stick out like a swollen black eye, he did not notice I even wrote it, or at least pretended not to, and said that I must be lying.

And that is when I stopped reading his PM, told him off, and I have not spoken with him since.
Aperture_tech
Not a duck badge -

@ANoobis  
I can’t imagine willingly associate with anybody on derpi. I know their daily comments have practically been sliced in half over the last year, and it seems that most artists just allow their art to be uploaded there and don’t actually interact. Normally, this would be no big deal if they were an archive site, but since they wanted to be more community focused as they said last year, it looks like they are certainly spiraling.
Zaknel

@Aperture_tech  
Allow me to remind you their motto for “archiving” artwork:

@Derpy Whooves  
“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules” is very useful if you are trying to break an organization that has a rigid structure, but as much as Saul Alinsky has some good points and his ‘13 rules for radicals’ work well against some hierarchical organizations or bureaucracies with rigid structures, they don’t work with agile or volunteer organizations.
You’ve created a model of how all of this is supposed to work, and are arguing that we, as an organization, must follow the rules of the model you’ve created. But your model does not reflect reality.
For example, our decision to delete images promoting the “Nordic Resistance Movement” in Sweden does not ‘force’ us to also delete all images promoting the “Democrat Farm Labor” party in America, or images that praise the current POTUS, due to some over-riding expectation of ‘fairness to all sides’. We can delete NRM images without having to ever delete any other image, simply because we choose to not host NRM images.
And deleting an image because we found it broke Rule #0 doesn’t mean we then ‘have to’ put disclaimers on top of all the fetish art on the site declaring that it is ‘wrong’.
If that for you means that we have an ideological bias, fair enough.
Aperture_tech
Not a duck badge -

@Zaknel  
I’m pretty sure there were also some posts from moderators who at first claimed that derpi was never meant for archival, then people found earlier posts where they said it was an archival site, then they changed their story to it being a community. I’d try and dig up the posts, but I refuse to give derpi traffic.
Zaknel

Part of me feels that Jesus would want me to forgive all of the staff for what they did. Another part of me remembers that when Jesus saw the Pharisees and teachers of law actively encouraging and teaching people to do things that were awful in God’s eyes, He went around and encouraged everyone to stay away from them, but not before explaining why they should.

And I cannot decide which one to follow with Derpibooru anymore.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide