Big Bad Politics!

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
@TheBridge  
Dole would have been better than Clinton, Perot would have been best of them all, but the text on that site is microscopic. Clinton by 96 was a spent commodity. We could have prevented him from bombing so many people.

He was a war hero, a real one, not a traitor like McCain:

Dole joined the United States Army’s Enlisted Reserve Corps in 1942 to fight in World War II, becoming a second lieutenant in the Army’s 10th Mountain Division. In April 1945, while engaged in combat near Castel d’Aiano in the Apennine mountains southwest of Bologna, Italy, Dole was seriously wounded by a German shell that struck his upper back and right arm, shattering his collarbone and part of his spine. “I lay face down in the dirt,” Dole said. “I could not see or move my arms. I thought they were missing.” As Lee Sandlin describes, when fellow soldiers saw the extent of his injuries, they believed all they could do was “give him the largest dose of morphine they dared and write an ‘M’ for ‘morphine’ on his forehead in his own blood, so that nobody else who found him would give him a second, fatal dose.”[12]
Dole was paralyzed from the neck down and transported to a military hospital near Kansas. Suffering blood clots, a life-threatening infection, and a fever of almost 109 degrees, he was expected to die. After large doses of penicillin were not successful, he overcame the infection with the administration of streptomycin, which at the time was still an experimental drug.[13] He remained despondent, “not ready to accept the fact that my life would be changed forever”. He was encouraged to see Hampar Kelikian, an orthopedist in Chicago who had been working with veterans returning from war. Although during their first meeting Kelikian told Dole that he would never be able to recover fully, the encounter changed Dole’s outlook on life, who years later wrote of Kelikian, a survivor of the Armenian genocide, “Kelikian inspired me to focus on what I had left and what I could do with it, rather than complaining what had been lost.” Dr. K, as Dole later came to affectionately call him, operated on him seven times, free of charge, and had, in Dole’s words, “an impact on my life second only to my family”.[14]
Dole recovered from his wounds at the Percy Jones Army Hospital in Battle Creek, Michigan. This complex of federal buildings, no longer a hospital, is now named Hart-Dole-Inouye Federal Center in honor of three patients who became United States Senators: Dole, Philip Hart, and Daniel Inouye. Dole was decorated three times, receiving two Purple Hearts for his injuries, and the Bronze Star with “V” Device for valor for his attempt to assist a downed radioman. The injuries left him with limited mobility in his right arm and numbness in his left arm. He minimized the effect in public by keeping a pen in his right hand, and learned to write with his left hand.[15] In 1947, he was medically discharged from the Army as a captain.[16]

Also, Bob Dole died yesterday at the age of 98. If only he’d held on two more years.

F
Anonymous #37E1
And then any action on the part of those groups to defend themselves, or try to stand up for themselves, is taken as justification to redouble violence. (See: last summer’s protests.)

Holy shit the irony
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Angle-Considerer
In China, China is first.  
In Russia, Russia is first.  
In Israel, Israel is first.  
So too in America, America should be first.  
This logic is missed on many. Here’s a video clip to rile you up.  
By the way, it’s kinda convenient how as the America First movement becomes more popular, mainstream Con Inc. types are starting to adopt their rhetoric and slogans, which just last year they shunned and rejected.
TheBridge
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
@Psy Key  
Apparently was down for a time but brought back up as part of a archiving effort. If this article is to be believed, it’s so old it was the first to do stuff like…  
“Even though I think the campaign saw the site as ‘something we have to do to look like we get technology,’ they really embraced it,” he said. “They really saw this as a way to get people to think of Senator Dole as more than just the ‘old guy’ in the race.”
And, for 1996, the website’s features were fairly revolutionary. It had up-to-date content and animated GIFs. There’s a section on the site, Dole Interactive, where visitors could create their own buttons and posters, take quizzes, play crossword puzzles, and even send customized electronic postcards via email.
“The last one of which was incredibly innovative and had we known about patent law, would have patented the hell out of most of these technologies,” explained Kubasko.
“Years later I was asked to defend a top five internet site in a patent dispute based on the postcards alone. When they did their research they found we had basically invented this and I helped them succeed in their defense.

If true, and considering the exaggeration and simplification that can go into articles like this it might not be, that makes this a real gem.

@Officer Hotpants  
The power of static websites! I sure wish stuff like the weather, local news, and restaurants were a little less bloated…

@UrbanMysticDee  
>but the text on that site is microscopic.  
It sure is!

>Perot would have been best of them all  
Agree 100% with this.

>He was a war hero, a real one, not a traitor like McCain  
McCain is a traitor? Do you mean by his pro war ties? (I considered him to be overly aggressive but he also willing to make a few principled stands, like being anti torture) Russia dossier? (Fair enough, considering the hyperbolic nature they treated anything tied to Russia and he played a key roll in that what was now possibly Russia disinformation) Or is there some other dirt that I am not aware of?

@Dex Stewart  
Neat. I like little alternative historical divergences in sometimes funny places. Wonder if that was just a joke or some type of political statement?
Psy Key

Cocky Scamp
@IvanSatoru  
Every unique political stance is a lug nut from China. All of them say ‘Heat-Treated’ on the box. Some of them are obviously cheaper, and from a glance lack substance. Some of them were very expensive, and are possibly not even going to fit.

Which ones will you trust on your car at 100 mph?
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Psy Key  
Do you mean political stances outside of the basic caring of nation and people? Or something else with this analogy?

@IvanSatoru  
Comfy, 100%. Though I will admit with newer designs work better for some functionality features. What I wish weren’t stuckn in a hideous intersection of bland minimalism that isn’t even smaller in data size

@Anonymous #8758  
Depending on how one takes it, wokeness even could be the “new spirituality”, or maybe the institutions that are seen as less rotten will bring us to a somewhat more traditional path? (Eastern Orthodox, scattered store front churches and decentralised movements that don’t have a big bureaucracy?). Though I am not fully convinced that we are locked in such a cycle as Spengler suggests, to quote Mark Twain 1 : “History Doesn’t Repeat Itself, but It Often Rhymes.” I think there are factors in our age that make a lot of things unknowns even if I find Spengler more compelling then a lot of folks out there.

1 At least, often attributed to him.
Psy Key

Cocky Scamp
@TheBridge  
I mean that generally speaking, while every person is different in their exact, specific views politically, you easily group these people into general boxes based on their shared basic concepts and beliefs. Some of these boxes have political concepts and beliefs that hold very little water and are based off of untested or exaggerated information. Some of these boxes have conflicting beliefs that don’t really work well together, and would probably cost a lot of money to even implement in any way. Some of the boxes just straight up don’t work with modern society at all.

I would say the political boxes you usually see, the 4 quadrants, can be split more accurately into 36 boxes. 9 for each larger box from before. Each box holds a group of people, and is indeterminate in size. These people never completely overlap, but share many beliefs and ideals. And, generally, each box sees at least half of the other boxes as unfit for rule, unstable, or just inoperable.

Yet, all of these are legitimate political stances. All of them will claim legitimacy because we respect someone’s right to believe whatever. Some boxes respect this less than others. Thus my ‘heat-treated’ analogy means nothing.

The lesson is to not judge someone on their own claims of legitimacy and values, but on how well they can ascertain other values, and their criticisms of them.

Usually, the more outlandish and completely psychotic someone is when speaking about another political stance that rivals their own diametrically, they know very little and cannot be trusted to govern anything. Unless, of course, you’re just having a giggle.

You cannot truly trust lug nuts to hold your car together well if they don’t withstand the pressures and heat that the last best nut could. The lug nuts are your politicians or potential politicians. The car is your nation. You want the best people possible, so you should choose the ones that know what they’re talking about when concerning other politicians and know how to approach problems. In time, a nation will generally only want people from this category, because results speak louder and more prolifically than words.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@TheBridge  
Here’s the epitaph I wrote for John McCain

August 26, 2018  
The Real John McCain

If there was a Nobel War Prize John McCain would have won it every year, because he was - and thank God I finally get to say that in the past tense - the biggest warmonger on the planet. Yeah, John McCain, who was a POW in Vietnam, decided that millions more should have to experience the suffering that he experienced by creating as many unnecessary wars as possible. Misery, as they say, loves company.

John McCain in 1967 pulled off a jackass stunt on the USS Forrestal, which caused the launch of a Zuni rocket, killing 134 people and injuring 161. But McCain got out of jail free because Daddy was the admiral. No one else would have gotten away scot free.

John McCain, who was shot down over Vietnam, and alleges that his captors were so impressed by his father and grandfather being senior four star admirals that they wanted to release him and good ol’ boy Johnny said, “Nay! I’ll rot in prison until the last of my brethren are freed!” so they kept him in prison until 1973. As Johnnie Cochran says “It makes no sense. It doesn’t fit. If it doesn’t fit, you MUST acquit.” Think about it. When was the last time the hard core VC guerrillas ever complied with the wishes of their prisoners? That does not make sense.

Even if it were true, does that make McCain a hero? He sure liked to brandish that epithet around as a defense against all criticism, and the dinosaur legacy media likes to use it as the ultimate defense ever since McCain started hating on Trump. Sure, in 2008 when he ran against Obama the legacy media said that the only chair they wanted McCain in was a wheel chair and that he was Hitler incarnate. Sure, the left liked to parade around the legend that in 2008 the head of the KKK endorsed Obama because McCain was totally incompetent. But ever since McCain started taking pot shots at Trump the legacy media has thrills shoot up their legs whenever that warmonger speaks.

But does that make him a hero? Does being captured automatically make someone a hero? 2 million Soviet soldiers were captured in 1941 during Operation Barbarossa, were all of them heroes? When the French surrendered at Compiègne did the entire French nation become a nation of heroes?

Even if the legend is true and McCain convinced his captors not to release him, it has nothing to do with him being a hero and everything to do with the cold, hard truth that his career would have ended had he been released in 1967. He would have been stuck in the Navy, the man who blew up his own aircraft carrier and got captured, and he would have gotten a nice pension on retirement, and that would have been that. There would have been no way for good ol’ Johnny to leverage his immortal, untouchable status as a hero to worm his way into the Senate and eventually run for President in 2008. IF McCain decided to remain in prison it had nothing to do with esprit de corps and everything to do with Machiavellianism.

Let’s not forget what good ol’ Johnny did after he was released. John McCain married his first wife Carol in 1965, back when she was a famous model. When he got out of the Hanoi Hilton in 73 he had discovered his wife had been disfigured in a car accident. Of course by this point Johnny had been beaten into the form looking like a cross between a troll doll and a potato, and his loving wife could look past that, but the narcissistic hypocrite could not get past the fact that his beauty queen had been scarred, so he divorced her in 1980 and married a much younger liquor heiress. Johnny moved to Arizona, leveraged his new wife’s fortune, and launched a career into politics. All for himself. All for John McCain, the only person or thing in the world he ever loved.

And what of that long, illustrious political career? Ol’ Johnny wasn’t finished. ‘Songbird Johnny’ spent his entire career stonewalling legislation to help veterans and getting America ensnared in as many pointless wars as possible. The vampire McCain needed to turn soldiers into pine boxes in order to keep on living.

2,400 killed and 20,000 wounded in Afghanistan, 4,500 killed and 32,000 wounded in Iraq, more than two trillion dollars spent. On top of that over one million dead Iraqis. The murder of Gaddafi and the war in Libya that destroyed the only African nation that had first world equivalent standard of living and sent millions of migrants into Europe to live off welfare, destabilizing the countries they left and the ones they fled to. The war in Syria, the threat of starting war with Iran, nuclear war with Russia, war in Korea. Never has a POW advocated for so many pointless wars than John McCain.

John McCain is not a hero, he is a monster, and the world is a little closer to peace now that he’s gone.
Anonymous #37E1
@UrbanMysticDee  
Where on earth did you get the stuff about the rocket launch? It wasn’t his plane that launched it, and it happened because of a surge during the switchover from external power.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
“This statue makes me remember that our history is uncomfortable. We should get rid of it.”  
If they turn it into an “Indigenous peoples day statue” or something I hope there’s a plaque that says:“Made with materials formerly hurting our feelings”.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide