Vent Thread

Mariculture
Artist -
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Amateur-er Autist
The microsoft store is ass. I spent about an hour trying to figure out why running “python –version” kept returning 3.8.2 despite just uninstalling all versions and reinstalling the latest, before figuring out it was a leftover file from the uninstalled microsoft store version for the specific purpose of redirecting you to the microsoft store if you try to run the program again, and the way to fix it was to go into the settings and disable the app execution aliases. What part of “I want to fully uninstall this” do you not understand?
Boxless

Mmm, Warcrimes
@EverfreeEmergencies  
You WILL install leftover files  
You WILL let microsoft bloat your drives  
You WILL update constantly and brick your PC  
You WILL get approved malware forcing you to upgrade again  
And you’ll be happy.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@Boxless  
When I can finally afford to build a new computer I will gladly switch to Linux. Don’t know which distribution to choose, but I’m sure any of them will be a hell of a lot better than Windows with the way it’s been going. Don’t really use anything Windows exclusive, besides some vidya.

And the paint tool sai installation my friend gave me back in high school, now that I think about it. That might be an issue.
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Wally Worshiper
@EverfreeEmergencies  
You can still use Windows, just permanently turn off updates and get rid of all the bloatware with the “take control” thing that lets you delete any file you want without any administrative approval, including their stupid store.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@FeatherTrap  
This  
Just follow the instructions and you’ll be free to delete whatever you want. Make sure to turn off updates first so Windows won’t automatically restore what you’re trying to get rid of, like Cortana.
enig

bich ass shitt
I gave up on Windows in late 2016 after noticing how each update would monumentally ruin the dual GPU driver support on my then laptop while all I had to do under Manjaro was add driprime commands to the launch options. Given they have lost their minds to the point of trying to repeat 98SE by making a UI out of Chromium, now’s an even better time to abandon ship.
Anonymous #995C
@enig  
I was working an IT job in February of 2018 when MS lost their shit in the panic about the “Spectre” speculative execution vulnerability and pushed out patches that irreparably bricked any PC with an AMD CPU. They didn’t bother to test on one before they pushed it out. Oh, the calls we got.

Never be the first guy on your block to try out a new Windows patch.
TrukkinDuck

Nopan is best pants
I dirtied my phone’s charger port, speaker and earphone port. :/

Thankfully, it still works mostly but still. My phone might die due to grimyness.
TheGamerPainter
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Pizza Protogen
YouTube basically nowadays you can’t post anything good like gaming, telling jokes, talking, etc. anymore and YouTube automatically changes the rate of your video, blocks your video depending on the audio, blocks it completely if the audio is copyrighted so no one can watch but the YouTuber his/herself, you can’t post live coverage of live performances like NBA, MLB, Grammy’s, Oscar’s, iHeartRadio, any game show on FOX, ABC, Game Show Network, any music videos that air on MTV or MTV LIVE/CLASSIC. For being a slow starting YouTuber myself, I hate that my videos get blocked or copyrighted!
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide