Feature suggestions

Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Anonymous #3765  
A stopgap solution is what I’ve done with the comic:fix tag, where I just created a gallery. It’s not a proper solution, but I don’t know how much work it would be to reorder uploads like that
Anonymous #3765
@Sapphie  
I hear you but there are thousands of good comics/blogs around. Small and big. Comics  
And a good portion of them, especially the larger ones. Are downright painful to even attempt to read on here. Pages are all over the place rofl. And I doubt anons here are going to be able to sort through everything. That’s why I asked if some auto, date scraping could be done to help alleviate this somewhat. As currently I find the disorganized uploads too dizzying. You have pics that are 5+ years old next to completely new ones.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Anonymous #3765  
Yeah, I’m aware. Like I said, it’s a stopgap solution, and I have no idea how much database work it would be to reorder images like that.  
Fuck, I might take a look at the philomena source code after I learn the dogshit, stupid bullshit language they’re using and look for a solution myself.
Anonymous #3765
@Sapphie  
Any solution would be great. Then I could finally abandon derpibooru permanently. As this is kinda what draws me back to it.  
Ty for the hard work fam!
Acres
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

Hmm. I wonder if I could manually fix them in a gallery or something. That way you could choose which one you want to read
Anonymous #67A0
@Anonymous #3765  
kek  
ive seen several instances of pics side-by-side from one another say stuff like: “enjoy your summer holidays!” and the next pic besides it: “merry christmas everyone!” shit always makes me laugh. the dates are all over the place.
Anonymous #51C7
It would be nice if searching for a single tag brought you to that tag’s page so you could see it even if no images are visible to you. I’ll try to explain what I mean.

Let’s say artist:x is DNP and has 0 images. If I search for artist:x and get 0 results, I might assume none of their images have been uploaded yet. If the search instead brought me to the tag page where it shows a zero next to the tag and the DNP notice, I’ll know to look elsewhere/not upload their stuff.

For non-artist tags, let’s say I search for something very specific like Heath Ledger, which only has 13 images. And let’s say for some reason I have a very dumb filter that blocks all of the following: meme, discord, pp, fs, ts, scootaloo. Despite there being 13 images, I would see 0 results and assume nothing is tagged with it. If the search instead brought me to the tag page, I would still see 0 images, but I would be aware that images are hidden due to my filter.
Anonfilly
Artist -

Read my bio, faygit
I feel like the view counter feature isnt predominant enough. Would love to see that enlarged in someway or highlighted better.

the CSS class is image size, ccould that be moved to the class
fa fa-eye
and set to appear after it so it would read
fa fa-eye after (view count)
not sure of the exact syntax
Cloppy Hooves
Artist -

I don’t know how hard this would be to implement but what if we had some sort of system for uploads where you could assign a next image and a previous image?

So basically if you’re on, for example, a comic page, you could hit the left arrow and it would take you to whatever is assigned as the previous page, or you could hit the right arrow and be taken right to whatever is assigned as the next page. Maybe even have little next/previous page buttons or something appear on the bar above the image.

Something like this could make reading comics on here a lot easier. It would of course have to be something only the uploader can manage, since I could see people abusing this.
Cloppy Hooves
Artist -

@Sapphie  
Oh wow, I saw those two arrows on one of my one off images and clicked one and it brought me to a random image by someone else, so I figured those arrows were just taking me to the next post on the entire site.

I did not realize that they worked for galleries like this. Awesome. That’s way simpler than what I had in mind.
Anonymous #CA1B
Tag long descriptions appearing on mouseover like the watch/spoiler/hide options would be nice. Perhaps under the existing options, as to not have them move somewhere unexpected.
Marker
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an April Fools event

Misanthrope
@Officer Hotpants  
You can do it in the browser’s console. Take the bit after ‘url=’ and paste it into the ‘window.decodeURIComponent’ function, like so:
window.decodeURIComponent(‘https3A2F2Fpuu.sh2FHSgQk%2Fdbdc9e3e13.png’)

My comment enhancements script can also linkify embedded images using the original link.
Anonymous #CA1B
@Luzion  
this reminded me that the ability to add additional upload forms to the page for multiple uploads with one click would be cool  
although now that i say that i realize it probably wouldn’t play well with the flood protections.
Barhandar
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

The hash check on upload (and all other “is this image already present?” checks, really) should be displaying a link to the collided image, not just “hash already present”.

Also, the reverse image search needs to take original hash into account, because right now it fails completely on some images blocked from uploading via hash check (with the image confirmed present via searching for the hash manually).
Anonymous #51C7
@Barhandar  
This, please. It’s not a common thing, but it would make it easier to add tags to images I try to upload because I couldn’t find them with searching.
Anonymous #51C7
Sorting by views would be fun to have. I know most images were here before view counting started, but still, it’d be a neat thing to observe for newer images.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide