Vent Thread

TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart
Hopefully its not over something stupid! I don’t mean you being stupid, I mean you having a unpopular take on power rangers or something that causes you strife. Best of luck to you.
@Dex Stewart
That might beat us all! No, probably not.
Woah, Ponybooru now has Derpibooru style tagging, I really have been inactive
Posted Report
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I just watched the Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode Legacy of Power.
It’s a fan favorite. Dino Thunder has alot of fan favorite episodes I find abhorrent.
Alot of my issue with it boils down to one character I really dislike.
She says watch this, it’ll explain everything. It doesn’t. She says most rangers don’t have their powers anymore. Wrong. She says most never wanted their powers in the first place. That line I REALLY don’t understand.
The line, “most never wanted” their powers is particularly insulting as a longtime fan who grew up with these shows and considered those characters my heroes. This would be like if a new DC Superhero movie came out and introduced a new team of heroes, and then some other new character we’d never heard of before was a friend of Superman and tells the new team the old heroes don’t have their powers anymore with no explanation and also that they never wanted their superpowers either.
Amagan

@Dex Stewart
In all fairness, I’m having a hard time remembering just how many rangers actually asked to become rangers, as opposed to simply being selected because they were the best suited for the position.
If you were basically drafted, instead of volunteering/enlisting, wouldn’t that basically be interpreted as “never wanted their powers in the firs place”?
Posted Report
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Amagan
The original Rangers had the option to leave if they wanted. Zordon even did let them just leave, he even let them keep their Morphers.
Rocky, Adam and Aisha all had the same choice.
Kat was their friend, and wanted to take Kimberly’s place when she left. Tanya willingly took Aisha’s place.
In Zeo, Billy lost his powers and actively wanted them back. Jason returned willingly to take on the Gold Ranger powers from Trey when Trey was weak.
Justin actively wanted to be a Ranger.
TJ says he wanted to be a Ranger(“since he was a kid”, even though only four or five years had passed since mmpr timeline wise,whatevs…)
Cassie, Ashley and Carlos had the opportunity to turn down the offer, but accepted the powers and even without their powers were willing to continue fighting evil space aliens.
The Lost Galaxy Rangers for the most part didn’t choose to become Rangers, only Maya the Yellow Ranger actively chose, but it never felt like the others were unhappy with their roles. Leo, the Red Ranger was sad when he thought he had to give up his powers to his brother.
The Lightspeed Rangers were recruited, but had the option to quit. They all accepted, and were even willing to use them again after their mission ended.
Time Force had the Rangers who signed up for the job. Wes and Eric both actively wanted powers.
Wild Force is the first season where yeah, the Rangers didn’t have a choice. By the end though, they didn’t want to give up there powers.
Ninja Storm had the Rangers lose their powers, but they weren’t reluctant to get them back.
So yeah, few actually wanted powers initially, but the way it comes across in Dino Thunder feels like it’s leaning into that edgelord theory about Zordon actually being a bad guy who forced kids to be his own personal child soldiers.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
I hate when software designers address a security problem with 0.01% of users with something that irritates everyone and can’t be disabled.
Posted Report
Anonymous #5DF6
Websites that suddenly decide to start requiring accounts to view “sensitive content” can suck my ass.
Posted Report
Amagan

@Dex Stewart
So she might’ve heard some previous rangers talking, overheard them say how they were picked for the job rather than volunteering, didn’t get sufficient clarification due to the circumstances at the time, and just assumed the rest from there?
Posted Report
Anonymous #D9DC
@TrukkinDuck
Sprout was just a misunderstood kid.
The Sprout thread Ciaran created even only has he replies to himself, nobody dared to speak there.
Posted Report
Anonymous #5DB6
I consider myself an open minded individual but when I see chi-com bug men bragging about their industrial dog meat farms and their yearly festivals that involve boiling dogs alive I find myself thinking we nuked the wrong country in WW2.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
Western search engines are so censored and manipulated their results are approaching pure sewage. Yandex is legitimately a better search engine than Google.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide