Vent Thread

Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based

Princess of Kirinposting
It’s snowing right now but the snow isn’t sticking, it just melts when it hits the ground.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Assignment is supposed to take 20 minutes
12 pages of stuff to read, half of which are charts that need to be interpreted.
Even if that’s 1 page per minute that still leaves you with 8 minutes to finish.
Write 1-2 paragraphs answering 6 open-ended questions about how you would do something you’ve never done before and you’ve received no instructions on (just make it up).
Then build an annotated lesson plan for the next class.
Then assume the student did poorly and you have to adjust the lesson plan.
And there’s 2 whole pages of bullet points on how this all should be structured.
Make sure you mention what specific resources you’ll use, even though they haven’t given you a list of resources, you just have to know what’s there. There’s a shared folder full of thousands of other folders full of thousands of pages of shit that I guess you’re supposed to go through on your own time, for free, because there’s no way to fit all that into the training time.
Oh, and they don’t automatically share the folder with you, some other teacher has to take pity on you and share the folder with you, the company doesn’t do it.
You have 20 minutes to do all that, turn it into a .docx or .pdf, and upload it.
Then you have to do this two more times for different made up students.
And You have to watch a bunch of promotional videos and study how the computer system works, only they’ve changed it since the training program was written so now the training is near totally useless since they’re training you on a system that doesn’t exist anymore.
And that’s supposed to take 5 hours, and I’ve spent 3 hours 40 minutes just on the part learning the computer system.
That’s impossible. It will probably take me a good hour just to read all that and figure out what it means, then I’ll stress myself out for several more hours over how I don’t know any of this and I have no clue what to do, then I’ll spend the next 20 minutes just making shit up rearranging keywords from the notes that don’t mean anything to me, and submit it hoping they accept it.
coolmaster43232
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I tried find My Little Pony: A new generation on DVD over on Amazon and all I could find was the Movie on Prime Video. I’m surprised that it’s been out for almost 2 Years and it’s not out on DVD yet but Pokemon Journeys is.
Posted Report
Anonymous #5DF6
@IvanSatoru
If it’s anything like the store I used to work at, because you are required to scan their drivers license into the machine in order to sell them alcohol or tobacco.
Yes. Scan. You aren’t permitted to just take the birthdate from the ID. Had a guy come in once who tried to use his passport as ID, but since it doesn’t scan I couldn’t take it despite it being a valid form of identification.
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Angle-Considerer
Well, I just finished busting the threads on the chuck of this drill I was trying to get fixed. And that was the last thing I needed to get the darned piece of junk working again.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I just don’t understand how someone can be such a worthless pile of shit as to see someone walking with a cane standing 1 foot next to them and they don’t hold the door open but instead run away as fast as they can. Do these people practice being assholes or are they born assholes?
I’m a fucking cripple (so I’m allowed to say that, that’s how it works) and if I saw someone struggling to walk even if they were 15 feet away I’d hold the door open. What the fuck is wrong with people?
Posted Report
Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based

Princess of Kirinposting
@UrbanMysticDee
It’s probably the ‘not my problem’ mentality and not feeling like they have any obligation to help strangers.
Or maybe it’s the ‘bystander’ mentality where they just assume someone else will do it.
Or maybe they’re just used to there being automatic doors everywhere.
Or maybe they just didn’t notice you at all.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide