We're shutting down! Read more here

Useless Facts

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Every day between 10:00 and 10:59 UTC, three different calendar dates are in use simultaneously on Earth. For example, May 2 at 10:30 UTC, is 23:30 (11:30 pm) on May 1 in American Samoa (UTC−11), 06:30 (6:30 am) on May 2 in New York (UTC-4), and 00:30 (12:30 am) on May 3 in Kiritimati (UTC+14).
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
US Route 666, AKA “The Devil’s Highway” or “The Route of All Evil”, was built in 1926 between Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah. Long neglected and in a remote location, and possessed by Satan, the highway was very dangerous and had more than its fair share of accidents.
In 2003 it was renumbered US Route 491 at the behest of New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson (who should change his name to Dick Richardson; that would be cool). Along with a new name the highway received upgrades, making it safer. Not being possessed by the Devil also made it safer, and people stopped stealing the road signs.
Posted Report
Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based

Princess of GREGGS
@UrbanMysticDee
US Route 20 is the longest highway in the United States, at 3,365 mi (5,415 km) from Boston, MA to Newport, OR
The section passing through Yellowstone National Park is not officially considered part of the highway, though many maps depict it as such.
The western terminus ends at US 101, between a Walgreens and a Shell Station.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
GINGA is a word which evolved from the derogatory term “GINGER”.
Ginger - A red head with a slave chain around his neck.
Ginga - A red head with a diamond chain around his neck.
What up my ginga?
Posted Report
ANoobis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Yams and sweet potatoes aren’t the same thing. In the U.S. sweet potatoes are often wrongly called yams.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Twiface
I was inspired by this book
I never read it, or saw it in person, just in a catalogue. They had book catalogues back in 2001.
This was one of the most influential years of my life. The title and the cover art just stuck with me. I began hiding the number 776 everywhere in my writing, and over the years it just kept going, and the rest is history.
Posted Report
Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Princess of GREGGS
They had book catalogues back in 2001.
I assume you mean catalogues to order books from and not card catalogues in libraries.
I remember the Scholastic book catalogues in the mid-2000’s. I ordered a lot of shit out of those. I still use one of their boxes as a recycling bin.
Posted Report
Twiface

Princess of GREGGS
Despite its name, americanmeat.com does not actually sell anything edible. All of their products are made of silicone.
Even the ‘donuts.’ Even the ‘pickles.’
And yes, they sell exactly what you think they do: ”original sculpture and statuary”.
Posted Report
Twiface

Princess of GREGGS
@Color Anon
More like 15-18 years ago.
If my memory serves me, by 2014 Advice Animals had already fallen out of fashion and I think Rage Comics were still somewhat relevant (though beginning to lose their luster)
So, I think it would me more accurate to say that exactly ten years ago from today, memes generally looked more like this:
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
For the 2024 election in South Korea, the National Election Commission banned voters from bringing green onions to polling stations.
Posted Report
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@Twiface
President Yoon Suk-yeol visited a grocery store in Seoul to check prices and used the 875-won price of green onion as proof that prices are not unreasonable, but it was soon revealed that this was a discounted price and that the usual price of onions was three to four times higher.
It became a major talking point during the campaign.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
“I” before “E” except after “C”, and when sounding like “A” as in “Neighbor” and “Way”, and on weekends and holidays and all throughout May, and you’ll always be wrong no matter what you say.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide