Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

NorthyDreams
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Prince of Monsters
@Barhandar  
I used google, actually, but SauceNAO is the best RIS on the internet. Regardless of if you like it or not, however, that image is pony related. Personally, I find the idea of Twilight looking like that rather abhorrent (mostly because I hate pretty much all humanized art), but luckily for this artist, and for the concept of art as a whole, it shouldn’t be up to me or you or anyone to decide what art gets to be made. It’s part of the community, like it or not, and it’s pony related, like it or not, as a result.
Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

@Barhandar  
I guessed she’d be Twilight.

Purple Sweater = Purple Coat  
Pointy Elf Ears = Unicorns as elves  
Hairstyle has similarities to mane-style  
Dark skin = Human Twilight is often depicted with dark skin

Not the best resemblance, but far from the worse.

Update:  
Okay, looking at some of that artist’s other works…  
Pronouns in the bio, right?
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

It’s part of the community
lmao no  
and it’s pony related
lmao no

Twitterinas and furfags drawing unrelated shit and trying to pass it as related aren’t part of the community, never will be, and you’re an idiot for trying to welcome blatant subversives who can, will and do shit on you and everything you stand for, with open arms.  
Keeping such people out is the minimum level of gatekeeping necessary for a community to exist.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@NorthyDreams  
By that logic you could draw a generic cat sitting on a book and claim it’s Twilight. I’m willing to give artist creativity some margin, but there’s got to be a limit, and to me the picture in question clearly crosses it.
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
@Barhandar  
No, the minimum level of gatekeeping for the pony community to exist is acknowledging bad actors. We, as the pony community banning art we don’t like that is made by members of the pony community, even people we don’t like, that ARE pony related, even if YOU don’t like it (and let’s be honest, that’s what you’re really saying here), is unacceptable. It is the exact same argument that Derpibooru used to censor art they didn’t like. We don’t employ bad tactics just because they suit us. It is just as bad when you do it as when they do it.

@Sapphie  
“but there’s got to be a limit”  
No there doesn’t. It costs us virtually nil to allow that picture to exist. No one’s interpretation should be placed over another when it comes to artistry. If the artist is consistent that this is supposed to be an artistic rendering of Twilight Sparkle, no matter how much I personally dislike the art, so long as they are not proven to be taking the piss, it should be assumed they are acting in good faith as a member of the community and their art should have a place amongst a fandom archive. Even if they are taking the piss it could be argued that their work is still fandom related as an attempt to specifically rile up members of the fandom. If it looks like a generic cat, so be it. Not all artists are excellent, nor are all artists incredible at conveying their meaning but the value of artistic and community integrity for those who act in good faith, possessing artistic intention directed at creating even their own interpretation of pony content, so long as it is, in fact, pony related and not completely disconnected from the concepts presented in the show and fandom, must be sustained.

We have filters for a reason. We have and have used the ‘Barely Pony Related’ tag, and it’s easy enough to filter it if you don’t want to see content that is only fandom related or doesn’t actually have a pony in it.

And, it should be noted: I don’t like humanized content. I don’t like, for the most part, alternate species interpretations. But I will stand by the people who do create them, the same as I stood by the people who drew Aryanne.
Anonymous #1325
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
That the problem with furry they can undestand that basic concept of boundary and they are a miserable fandom. The furry fandom is example why gatekeeping is good if not we become like them. Tolarence is a paradox
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@NorthyDreams  
But it also costs us nothing to not allow it to exist. Rule 4 exists for a reason, and if we allowed anything to be posted just because it doesn’t cost us anything, the site would be a shitshow.  
And don’t get me wrong, it’s not about artistic skill, it’s about putting in the effort to convey that what you’re representing actually is what you claim it is.  
The issue with filtering the BPR tag is that it might hide something you would wanna see. If there was an “alledgedly pony related” tag I’d say to use it, but it’s a far stretch to expect artists to tag their stuff with that.
Barhandar
Artist -

@NorthyDreams  
>this random twitterina niggerelf, drawn by an artist who voluntarily draws twitterina niggerelves, IS totally pony related because artist also drew ponies and/or claims the twitterina niggerelf is a pony, guize!  
okay, ciaran  
enjoy your theoretical booru that you gladly let get eternal septemebered by having and defending blatantly non-pony artworks  
This is the community you pick and the one you want to create: one where subversives are free to shit on everything bronies love and bronies aren’t allowed to kick subversives out because mUsTnOtUsEtHeIrMeThOdS.

@Sapphie  
That’s what I’m saying, yes. Additionally, what the artist claims should only affect the artist, not the image (i.e. if there’s obvious mismatch, you should trust that artist’s words less, and no amount of claiming that something blatantly nonpony “is related” should save it from deletion, and vice versa though I haven’t seen that happen yet besides the obvious copyright-dodging).

@Sapphie  
Anyone can make tags. But yes, 0.000000% chance anyone drawing such blatantly nonpony things will actually tag them with “allegedly pony related”, same as that specific image was tagged “older twilight sparkle (alicorn)” despite there being neither an alicorn (nor unicorn nor pegasus nor earth pony, it’s a human with no pony features whatsoever; no, elf ears are elf ears, not “hurr horn equivalent”, despite the common convention), nor a Twilight. Also, not tagged “blackwashing” despite, if intended to be Twilight, being obvious blackwashing.
Acres
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

We’ve strayed away from the point of this thread.

If you want to continue it please take it to the ponybooru mod feedback thread.
Seiken
Artist -

I don’t have too much experience with equestria daily as when i used i only used to look at the articles, hardly any comments and basically no interaction with the community.

So taking that in consideration: from i have seen i would almost say equestria daily is worse as they like to ban people’s content based on “wrong think” or maybe just one picture someone once made that was “controversial”.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Metallic Sound)

If DerpiBooru is like California, then where does the money being siphoned to Mexico come into play?

Maybe they create their own financial crisis by chasing people away.

Ultimately the site will commit suicide when the remaining few people lose interest.

These days it mostly functions as a marketplace for commissions. I haven’t the skills nor money, so I have no business there.

A place of business becomes private property, as they’ve mentioned several times before.
Anonymous #1325
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
There is 2 way derp can go down the user start living it because of the mod shittyness or the staff and ciaran are found doing something illigal that i bet there doing behind close door
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
@Sapphie  
Just noticed the comment by the other admin. I’ll drop the convo. Sorry, Was responding in order.

@Barhandar  
You are a very unpleasant individual. While I respect your right to your opinion, you verge on being censorious yourself. Your issues with what Derpibooru does don’t seem to be rooted in any form of commitment to a principle you consider just or good, but rather in a hatred for what/who they are, which is exactly what they like to label people who have said principles as.

I would urge you to consider how your actions and words damage your point, but I don’t think it’d do any good.  
I pity your lack of foresight and I feel bad for how little you understand the principles behind artistic archival, community, or equal treatment for all types of art.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Metallic Sound)

It’s like they went Twilight Sparkle on our asses and tried to merge the furry fandom with us.

Why even post ponies on furbooru when they’re only allowed on DB, you get that double-standard.

If they think running a fandom for one little show is difficult they’re biting off more than they can chew.
Barhandar
Artist -

I pity your lack of foresight and I feel bad for how little you understand the principles behind artistic archival, community, or equal treatment for all types of art.
You’re funny. You think that by giving up to nonpony and allowing the (considerably more numerous) nonpony artworks on, you’ll somehow archive pony art and preserve pony community.  
Your issues with what Derpibooru does don’t seem to be rooted in any form of commitment to a principle you consider just or good
My issues with Derpibooru overlap in large part with my issues with you: they allow and welcome nonpony artworks on their “pony” website, just like you. Despite also having a dedicated website for a portion of said nonpony artworks, no less. ponybooru has the furburra  
That they also arbitrarily remove actually pony artworks is the issue you do not share with them yet.  
You are a very unpleasant individual.
And you’re a fool who thinks that welcoming people not interested in your thing with open arms will end in anything but you losing said thing.  
You want to draw nonpony artworks? That’s fine, there are websites for them, and pony boorus are NOT THOSE. You don’t get to put your modern firearms in the medieval arms museum.  
You’re being that “WHY ARE YOU EXCLUDING US” meme right now.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide