TAG DISCUSSION

Exhumed Legume
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Weirdo

furry oc -> furry, hfh, oc

Alias open bathrobe to open robe?

open robe -> open clothes and robe

open clothes -> clothes

open shirt -> open clothes, clothes

open jacket`` -> open clothes, `jacket`, `clothes`

`leather jacket` -> `jacket`, `clothes`

`bathrobe` -> `robe`, `clothes`

`robe` -> `clothes`

`kimono (clothing)` -> `clothes`

`cheongsam` -> `clothes`, `dress`

`hanfu` -> `clothes`

`daisy dukes` -> `clothes`, `shorts`

`sports shorts` -> `clothes`, `shorts`

`denim shorts` -> `clothes`, `shorts`

`shorts pulled down` -> `clothes`, `shorts`

`panties pulled down` -> panties, underwear

`open hips` should be aliased to `spread legs`
πʊßƛįϰ

Philomena improvement proposal that I’m submitting here: associative tags. The idea was originally discussed between me and a background pony over on Derpi. However, they aren’t currently interested in implementing it or any similar proposal.

Why ask over on Derpi in the first place?  
  1. The idea came up naturally in conversation  
  2. Derpi remains the de facto booru of record for 98% of images. Tagging policy changes there, if accepted, will improve tags on here, Ponerpics, and Twibooru as well when the respective importer bots run.

Why discuss in this thread rather than on the Philomena project itself?  
  3. To get buy-in from here (and/or Ponerpics) before sending it to the Philomena GitHub  
  4. Gain feedback on how to improve the proposal from more places  
  5. Hopefully find the BP that was in the Derpi thread for more thoughts from them (as it was inspired by their idea in the first place)

What is the idea?  
    While the system as first proposed in the Derpi thread looks like S-expressions you’d feed into a LISP interpreter, there may be a simpler input.

Rather than merely tag images with Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, butt, horn, they could instead be tagged with Twilight Sparkle/butt, Rarity/horn to describe an image with Twilight’s butt and Rarity’s horn. Likewise, the implied X tags could be standardized into Gilda/implied or Rainbow Dash/offscreen.

While this proposal as presented still leaves some ambiguity in orgy scenes, the associative tags allow us obsessive categorizers to be properly obsessive and link “accessory” tags to the character they accompany.

What about search?  
  6. If you want to find (or hide) only stallion butts (rather than match images with a stallion and a mare’s butt), something like {1}/stallion && {1}/butt would be the search string.  
  7. Searching for just butt would match legacy images with a plain butt tag as well as every single butt tag associated with a character (i.e. Twilight Sparkle/butt will match as well)

Other benefits/drawbacks?  
  • The only obvious drawback is that pony boorus each have 2.7 million images tagged the old way. This may be a better proposal for new boorus starting from zero. Maybe performance would be weird, but that’s for the Postgres experts to discuss.  
  • An additional benefit is the consolidation of per-character ad hoc tags, like twibutt and rearity.  
  • Could be a differentiating feature from Derpi, if it gets implemented and used here and not there.  
  • Encourage uploaders to be anal about tagging the species, breed, and gender of each character.

Changes to the tag box?  
    I may make a mock-up later if I remember.  
    Rather than making users repeatedly type out character/ before typing the tag they want, the fancy tag editor could be enhanced with separate sub-boxes for each character.

>General tags<
artist:none of your business, safe, tree, outdoor, prank
>Character tags<
-? Twilight Sparkle | pony, unicorn, butt, rearing
-? Rarity | anthro, unicorn, R63, horn
-? Rainbow Dash | offscreen, laughing
-? Gilda | implied
+[New Character]

P.S. The one thing that Derpi did right when they migrated from Textile to Markdown was allow heading tags. I miss those. Proper bulleted lists, too.
Athena

@πʊßƛįϰ  
This is a cool idea, although I think the current system of adding a descriptive qualifier to tags (e.g. busty twilight sparkle) is more intuitive and a nice compromise between simplicity and granularity.

On a related note, I feel as though aliasing localised/novelty tags such as headlight sparkle (“headlight” is US/Canadian slang, apparently) and twibutt to something that’s universally understood would be an easier way to improve the current tagging system.
evan555alpha
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist - you can stop complaining about not having any flavour text on your artist badge now

Head Administrator
UwU Chwyasawis my waifu
@twiByte  
Feel free to suggest a different pun; I’m still in the process of changing them all to what they should have been when Derpi touched them in the first place. (and yes I will be adding in implications when I can)
πʊßƛįϰ

@twiByte  
Part of the reason why twibutt and similar tags are troublesome is just how inconsistent they are. An alias between headlight sparkle and busty twilight sparkle makes enough sense because you can also have busty Fluttershy and similarly-named tags for the other ponies. The butt tags, in specific, are a mess of inconsistency: there are those based on the name of the pony (twibutt, flutterbutt, and rainbutt dash), ones based on the cutie mark (sunbutt, moonbutt), and others that don’t fit nicely (rearity).

They’re all obvious once you know what they are but(t) will leave you guessing before then.
Athena

This might be ridiculous but I wonder if it’d be worth implying canary:spikeabuse or something similar on spike?

This “canary in a coal mine” tag namespace would allow certain users to spoiler/hide new, potentially upsetting posts that have yet to be tagged correctly. Other users can then confirm the post’s contents and remove/replace the tag. It would also make trolling attempts obvious if it were to be maliciously removed after upload.

Ideally this proposed namespace should only be used with tags that consistently cause drama on the site and should not be used pre-emptively.

It doesn’t personally bother me, but it could be a nice way to make the site more friendly for other users.

EDIT: I just realised that this would retroactively apply to every Spike image ever posted. It would be necessary to automate its initial removal from all existing posts if implemented and would leave quite the stain in the tag history.
Napsack
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Pinkie Pie - Pie family best family
Liberty Belle -

Senior Moderator
Glare Mare
@twiByte  
Personally I would say no. It kind of sets a precedent for other tags of this nature that may not be applied on upload, and kind of bloats the tag system imo. Couple that with the fact that we already have a system for this, namely warning or banning people who regularly do this, and it seems a bit excessive.

That just my opinion, though. If anyone else has an argument feel free to voice it.
Athena

@Napsack  
I may have underestimated just how many Spike posts are uploaded daily! The idea sounds fairly decent on paper, but it would require constant maintenance and would likely snowball out of control over time, becoming yet another redundant tag.

It’s unfortunate there isn’t really any way to preventatively combat this issue other than for affected users to either blacklist such a broad tag as Spike or to stop using the site entirely.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@twiByte  
Or stop caring. The histrionic meltdowns are the reaction the images are meant to farm. And the flood of pro-Spike spam is just as bad. Stop feeding the trolls and this tedious, stupid little war would end.
Exhumed Legume
Artist -

Weirdo
Wow, a whole month (and change) without posting here?  
Shocking.  
Well, time to fix that with a tag dump…

So apparently all of the G5 Mane Five, and Sprout, have new R63 names…

Harness Pathfinder = Harness Trailblazerg5, rule 63, hitch trailblazer

Isaac Crestie = Iggy Moonbowg5, rule 63, izzy moonbow

pip corolla = plume meadowsg5, rule 63, pipp petals

sun starchaser = solar starscoutg5, rule 63, sunny starscout

Zip Cyclone = Zoom Typhoong5, rule 63, zipp storm

Sapling Trefoil = Sapling Cloverleafg5, rule 63, sprout cloverleaf

fightin' six -> them's fightin' herds, community related, arizona cow, oleander, paprika paca, pom lamb, tianhuo, velvet reindeer

TwiMoon -> nightmare moon, twilight sparkle, shipping

summer chills could use blueing

Ms. Cutewhinny -> ms. harshwhinny, cute

awwtumn blaze -> autumn blaze, cute

cinderbetes -> summer flare

blazebutt -> autumn blaze, butt

changepony -> hybrid

blushing profusely -> blushing

in bed -> bed

Alias artist:redmn10 to artist:redmn

Alias artist:sweet-queen to artist:sweet queen – The signature and watermark have no dash

ionizing radiation warning symbol, radiation sign and radiation symbol need aliasing

eyeglasses should be aliased to glasses

heart shaped glasses and heart glasses should be aliased, imply glasses

DJ glasses and Vinyl glasses should be aliased to vinyl's glasses

eyes visible through hair and eye clipping through hair seems synonymous, unless I’m missing something

Alias sideview to “side view

Alias jiggling to jiggle

breast fondling -> breast grab, breasts, grope

butt grab -> grope, butt touch

breast grab -> breasts, grope

ball fondling -> balls, grope

self grope -> grope

accidental groping -> grope

licking cock -> licking, nudity, oral, penis, sex, tongue out

cocksock -> penis apparel, nudity, penis

cock bow -> penis apparel, nudity, penis

I don’t suppose there’s any way to stop a particular tag from being added, on upload or otherwise?  
Specifically, fictional species is entirely redundant (and probably copied over from furbooru).
Deserter
Artist -

One thing I’ve been meaning to bring up for a while is the “nudist X” tags. It seems someone in Twibooru has been adding them to any image where a character is naked, even when it doesn’t make sense, like when they’re taking a shower or in sexual situations, where being naked is expected.
Napsack
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Pinkie Pie - Pie family best family
Liberty Belle -

Senior Moderator
Glare Mare
@Deserter  
@ANoobis  
I think I remember someone from derpi who kept trying to get a nudist sunset shimmer tag going like that. Might be that guy got banned and decided to return on another site. We’ll look into it.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide