Video game thread

FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
@Havoc  
My point was that Battleborn was DoA because Overwatch was more popular. That’s not an industry practice, that’s on the audience. So that point falls flat, unless you want me to start an “Entitled Manbaby Gamer” Thread to talk about this.

So then I can post there about a subject that came up in another thread, so everyone can be completely confused there instead.

Also, in case you didn’t notice three days ago this entire thread was castigating both Paradox and Chucklefish for being shit studios, creating games with very promising concepts only to balls them up by being lazy and/or greedy. I didn’t see you demanding the conversation be broken up over multiple threads then.
Havoc
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist - shidtist
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
@GuiltyGrimoire
@Officer Hotpants
Everyone was like “Durrr, it’s a rip-off of Overwatch!!” because this was back before Bilzzard openly demonstrated themselves to be in the CCP’s pocket, so it wasn’t cool at the time to hate on them.
Only hipster faggots like me who cared about the shady business practices like the Diablo 3 Auction House and Lootboxes in Overwatch, or the fact that the increasingly stagnant and cringe-worthy writing of their story content hated on Blizzard back then.
Havoc
Artist - shidtist
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
@TwilightShitlord  
You can be. Just rip companies a new asshole like the greedy bastards deserve on the other thread. I know it might sound like that, but it’s rather hard (maybe just for me) to get the idea across right with just text.

Also yes, most of modern gaming is ass.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Havoc  
Yes, there was some context at the time to remind people that Overwatch became popular before Blizzard’s fall from grace, and a minor tangent related to that point.

The overall point of my post that you are trying to hide by cherrypicking, is that Overwatch’s popularity lead to people playing it instead of Battleborn, and decrying it as a cheap knockoff when it really wasn’t. Beyond both being hero-based team shooters, they each played differently from each other. It would be like saying Dawn of War was a rip-off of Warcraft III because both are Real-Time Strategies with hero units.

Anyone who has played both of those games would understand how ridiculous it would be to make that claim. And yet that line of logic condemned Battleborn to die on the vine. That was the point of my post, the point which you are so elegantly trying to hide by avoiding most of it to highlight two sentences.

Again, I refer you back to the Paradox/Chucklefish page long discussion three days ago. Everyone was constantly complaining about the behaviour and practices of companies involved and yet despite the fact that I know you where there are saw that conversation, I did not once hear you tell anyone to take it to another thread. If that was fine, my comment was fine. End of, quit your howling.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
What actually sounded fun to me was the idea of an MMO version of Paranoia.

One of my favorite things about cons was playing tabletop games with random strangers. You had no idea if they were going to be unconditionally helpful or if they were going to screw you over, unlike playing with friends in which you have some idea.

MMO Paranoia would certainly live up to its name.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Officer Hotpants  
@EverfreeEmergencies  
I mean, that’s just SS13 if you force-randomize the name and appearance of everyone (because otherwise people tend to use specific characters and anyone experienced ends up knowing that for example this guy will be insanely competent and polite no matter what, and this one will downright refuse to be antagonistic even if they’re given antag role, while that one is a complete shitter).
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Barhandar  
Does the head of security in SS13 have direct control over the entire station? As in the ability to lock or unlock doors anywhere at any time, the ability to send murderbots after people, to vent atmosphere or pump toxic or hallucinatory gases into rooms at will? Because that’s the kind of thing I’m imagining.

I’m asking in earnest, by the way. I have no idea what they can do. I’ve only ever seen SS13 from the perspective of funny boys playing clowns and janitors and shit.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Officer Hotpants  
That’s all the job of the AI, though normally it’s got Azimov laws and must follow them (or get a bwoink) - but people can easily change laws and being antagonist means ability to ignore them outright.

P.S. Also, better played with average-experience players, because veterans can pretty much walk through closed doors as fast as through open ones and insta-stun the murderbots, then proceed to ghetto jetpack their way to AI and wreck its face.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
Be on the lookout for any other copies of this copypasta in steam game reviews. I could’ve sworn I saw this on some other game, but I can’t remember where. What made me realize this was a copypasta was the last line that said “this silly little game helped me realize that”. I KNEW that line was going to be at the very bottom. I found this one while looking at reviews for Age of Empires II:

This game saved my life.

I am 42.

My ex-wife and I have a daughter together, and adopted our son together. They are now both 4 years old.

When we were going through our separation, I found myself lost and miserable. I was self destructive. I got so mad one day from everything spiraling out of my control that I punched some concrete in a moment of overwhelming emotion. That caused me to break my 5th metacarpal in my right hand… my working hand… my games hand.. the hand that I held and carried my children to bed with.. The hand I desperately needed to make sure I could continue to provide.

After learning of the severity of my self-inflicted damage, I was borderline suicidal. Keep in mind that just a few months before this, I was the happiest man with no history of depression or anxiety. I have never had fits of rage, or been one to break down and cry, but I was in a low spot that just really buried me from being able to see the light on the other side.

Having nothing better to do, I searched for a game I could play, ONE HANDED while I recovered. I somehow stumbled upon this game and read some of the reviews. I decided that it had to be worth a shot… I must admit, I didn’t beat the game, or play nearly as long as some of you. In fact, I may have only played this game a day or two.. With that being said, after doing so, I had a new found joy and hope for life. I was able to put behind me the pain and suffering that had been cast over me. I was able to experience other peoples joy and happiness. I was able to see the fruits of my “labor”. I relaxed for 5 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ minutes to this music long enough to realize that I was going to be okay.

After coming to that realization, I turned the game off, and I went back to work. It hurt my hand like hell but I was motivated. I stopped feeling so damn sorry for myself, and I became the father I needed to be in that moment, not the weak boy I was behaving as.

Today, I am close friend with my kids mother. We don’t fight, or argue, or say hurtful things to each other. We are parents, and friends.

I now have 3 kids. My third child is, wait for it, ALSO 4 YEARS OLD. The woman I am with was going through a very similar situation at the time of my own separation, and we just stumbled in to each others life unexpectedly. We have been in a relationship for a year now, and are very happy together.

Moral of the story, you never know what life holds in store for you, and if I would have given up when all the odds were stacked against me, I wouldn’t be where I am today. This silly little game helped me realize that.

Thank you
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
That’s why I game with this. All you really need is something that is accurate and comfortable to use for potentially extended durations, and this ticks both boxes; my only gripe is the device-swap button is really easy to accidentally hit. Well, that and the weird “tactile” stock marble, but that’s easy to swap out for spares for M570s that you can buy for cheap for perfectly smooth tracking.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide