Vent Thread

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Wildfires in Canada make the air thick and orange and smell of smoke. Hard to see, hard to breathe. I read this is the worst air quality here in a century.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Sometimes you struggle half your life to get something only to find out that so much time has passed that the thing you’ve been struggling for has changed so drastically you don’t want it anymore.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Coast to Coast AM used to be cool. Now half the shows are paid commercials for snake oil and the other half are old farts talking about music from 70 years ago.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
I had no sleep at all last night, I wish it was for a dumb reason like I was really having a great Halo jam or some idiot posted an unhinged rant in these forums that was living rent free in my head…but no, it was something infinitely worse.
I might never see one of my dearest friends ever again. Just out of the blue, he came and said “I’ve been harming myself a a while and in seeking help about it I’m going to get committed for it.”
I pray to God that he’s wrong, that he’s exaggerating the extent of the problem or that whoever is tasked to help him realises that cutting him off from his only source of support will be too damaging to him. But I’m not holding my breath, not in an industry that cares more about convincing five year olds to have their gentials mutilated so they can spend the rest of their lives being chemically dependent and thus, securing a customer for life (yes that’s the actual reason the medical industry pushes the transgender kids shit so hard, ‘Zionist plots’ need not apply).
What’s an adult on anti-depressants compared to that? Worst case scenario he just goes nuts and lashes out violently, then he gets shot by the police and becomes another useful “White male-schnaazi turruist!!” story and the world carries on.
except for those who actually cared for him. To whom he was more then a serial number or a statistic for morons on the internet to argue over for political brownie points.
What shocks me most of all was just how sudden this all was. Just the other day he was GMing our Tales of Equestria game and he seemed for all the world to be enjoying himself immensely. It’s always like that isn’t it? They seem to be in really good spirits right before they pull your entire world out from under you… v.v
To be fair, we all knew his life was crap for a long time. But we’ve also offered to help him, time and time again. By offering him a place to live and spend time away from his crappy life circumstances, maybe even a cushioned starting point for a new life if he wants it. If nothing else, we offered to send him money to help him, but every time he refused us.
It was sheer pride, really. he didn’t want to be “just another bum”, he wanted to be “useful”. Well, look at where that’s gotten him now, and now I’m afraid I’ll never see him again…or if I do he’ll be unrecognizable from all the chemicals he’s been pumped full of because our society has decided that being shoved full of every emotionally-altering drug is a more scientific and acceptable alternative then actually filling the void of meaning and purpose in your life that’s causing your slide into self-destructive behavior in the first place.
So do me a favour everyone. If you have someone you care for and love dearly, don’t let any petty, stupid bullshit get in the way of that. Don’t let personal pride or your emotional insecurities or your politics get in the way, because if you do then one day you’re going to find out that you’re going to die alone in some medical ward run by people who don’t care about you as anything other then a source of revenue and you’re going to regret all the people you pushed away and all the hours you could have had with them, gone forever over this pointless bullshit that in the grand scheme of things doesn’t fucking matter.
Don’t turn their help away when you need them. Be ready to offer it when they do. Cherish every day, every game, every shitpost, every laugh, every breath that remains. Because it can all vanish just like that.
DvneT

Derpibooru Ref-cute-gee
@UrbanMysticDee
When would you say it went to shit? Used to fall asleep to that show on school nights, lol. Maybe it’s just my younger mind but I remember it being a lot better than that about 6-7 years ago.
DvneT

Derpibooru Ref-cute-gee
@FeatherTrap
Sorry to hear, man. Had a friend of mine committed a few times. Thankfully for only 3-4 days each time, if that offers you any sort of reassurance.
I agree in that medication is more of a hindrance than a help in cases of depression. I was on antidepressants for a while, but went cold turkey now for about two weeks. They helped me feel better in a sense. They raise your valleys, but lower your peaks to where everything is just kind of “blah.” So meds might stop people from hurting themselves or killing themselves, but meds won’t make them happy either.
Anonymous #5DF6
I wish more restaurants offered grilled chicken. As I get older all the grease on fried foods upsets my stomach.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@DvneT
Hard to say. Maybe after 2017. Definitely since 2020 with all the covid bullshit. Snoory injects conservativism and LOLbertarianism into the show and he sells the first 2 hours at least once a week to absolute dangerous quacks selling bullshit Carnivora that cannot, will not, does not cure cancer, and other dangerous snake oil bullshit that probably kills many people every year. And he has to put the snake oil shylocks in the first two hours otherwise no one would listen to them.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Come on, I shouldn’t have to start a congressional investigation into whether Area 51 has the dressing that’s supposed to be on my sandwich. When I order dressing on my sandwich I don’t want to have to use an electron microscope to find it, I want it to be obvious.
Amagan

I am back.
And I am pissed at just how much pull/reach/influence the damn rainbow community has on this site. We’re supposed to be better than derpibooru, and instead we’re just as bad as them. We’re told that if we don’t like all the pride month displays we should just stop looking at it and hide our heads in the sand rather than commenting what we think about a bunch of freaks whose entire identity revolves around who they want to fuck, and who’re bent on grooming children to be just as screwed up as they are.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide