Big Bad Politics!

Anondroid

New and Semi-Improved
@Zaknel  
The GOP senatorial candidate in Georgia. The professional sports player handpicked by Trump. Remember?

@ponypony221  
People seem confused about why there was no Republican ‘wave,’ as had been predicted. What should be confusing to everyone is the fact that a guy like Herschel Walker was the GOP candidate in a general election in the first place.
Posted Report
Anonymous #372F
Can we go back to some nutjob wearing a boot on his head and promising free ponies for all Americans? That was fun.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Trump Republicans: The problem with the Republican Party is that it doesn’t improve the material conditions of the average person.

Desantis Republicans: The problem with the Republican Party is fags exist.
Posted Report
Anonymous #372F
@FeatherTrap  
Nutjob is practically a compliment these days. How many “nutjobs’” predictions for the future have turned out to be true?
Posted Report
Anondroid

New and Semi-Improved
The problem with the Republican Party is the tendency of incompetent partisan activists to blame their poor performance on elaborate conspiracies, rather than assess the quality of their chosen candidates.

@UrbanMysticDee  
Which of these groups performed better in this election?
Posted Report
Anondroid

New and Semi-Improved
@Amagan  
People look to Republicans for leadership; they look to Democrats for economic freebies, and for sentimental feel-good policies more generally. Guess what happens when Republicans don’t offer leadership.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Anondroid

The GOP establishment, who were anti-Trump to begin with, torpedoed as many MAGA candidates as they could to assert the dominance of Cheney, Rubio, Cruz, McConnell, and the other neocon warmongers who bend over before the Dems to prove they’re not racist.

Add on top of that the political suicide of overturning Roe right before an election while purists creamed their pants “We’re going to make abortion a capital offense!”, and the results of the midterm are not surprising.

That said, the majority of candidates Trump endorsed still won, and Desantis endorsed only a handful of people outside of Florida (where he’s the king of the retirees) including LePage who lost in Maine and Zeldin in New York who didn’t even make it past the primary.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@UrbanMysticDee  
Finding it really hard to take seriously someone complaining about “neocon warmongers” while trumpeting Trump. Trump is the failure who pulled John Bolton out of the trash heap and launched a missile strike on a Russian base in Syria.

This fake conflict is just more red meat for denialists who want to keep believing Trump isn’t what he obviously is: just another shill for the uniparty.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@ponypony221

I’ve criticized Trump on both those things.

Trump is very shitty at picking people to run departments because he likes when people stroke his ego and bad people know how to get on his good side.

As for the missile strike (which is the only thing in his entire 4 years that got him praise from the press), he gave Syria advanced warning of when and where the strikes would be conducted so the missiles hit abandoned airstrips that could be repaired in hours. It really looks like he didn’t want to do it but his hands were tied with all the Russiagate bullshit, so he did what he could to make sure the strike achieved nothing militarily.

Trump is by far the least warlike president since Carter. He tried to use braggadocio to bring people to the negotiating table and he tried to pull US troops out of several conflicts we have no business in and the generals laugh at how they disobeyed his orders and kept them there without telling him.

Trump is probably as good as you’re ever going to get in the 21st century without actually overthrowing the government, and anyone like him who tries to buck the establishment will be stabbed in the back just like he was.
Posted Report
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
@UrbanMysticDee  
That would not be impossible to happen I suppose if DeSantis is more embraced by the establishment in a 2024 fight, if he actually pivots anyway. Though frankly Trump’s record in this area, unlike foreign policy, is almost the same as any standard Republican before in effect–save some of the things that he encourages might bring substantive change (like JD Vance). Even then, I will have to look at Ron DeSantis’ record as he has sometimes gone against what is the normal Republican business interests as well from what I am aware of.

@Anondroid  
This is a problem and I am somebody who is open to some cheating. It is comedy that Democrats sometimes were the primary ones spending money on some of Trump’s prime picks in the primary this round.

@Amagan  
They weren’t. Though I think a lot of factors go into things. Lots of people are just generally dissatisfied and I think there was something of a blacklash to drama. If you look at things with the question: which candidate will cause the least drama and pick fights? Then a lot of the results make some sense, from the underpreformence of most MAGA bomb throwers to the average no name Republican and average no name Democrat being so close in so many house races. Heavily partisan Democratic areas did have a higher GOP turnout in a lot of spots (like Oregon), but heavily partisan areas are much harder to overcome for either party. It is the winnable races with the long counts and glitching machines were I would reverse the most distrust.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
Trump is probably as good as you’re ever going to get in the 21st century without actually overthrowing the government

If that’s the case, there is no point in discussing anything other than the overthrow of the government.
Posted Report
Anondroid

New and Semi-Improved
Add on top of that the political suicide of overturning Roe right before an election
And whose fault is that? If I’m not mistaken, Trump was president when those Supreme Court vacancies occurred, not DeSantis; half of the people responsible for that decision are his own appointees. Also, in case you missed this:

“The Heartbeat Bill was one of the first pieces of legislation that I introduced as a senator in 2019. The legislation requires physicians – before proceeding with an abortion – to determine whether the baby has a heartbeat. If the baby has a heartbeat, the abortion cannot be performed. No person with a beating heart, no matter how small, should be deprived of the fundamental right to life.” - Doug Mastriano, Trump-endorsed candidate for governor in Pennsylvania (senatormastriano.com)
That said, the majority of candidates Trump endorsed still won
This despite the GOP’s mediocre performance overall in the general election…y’know, the only contest where the results actually matter. I’m not sure why you think this sort of intra-party feuding is a worthwhile exercise of political energy.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
y’know, the only contest where the results actually matter.

I really think something needs underlined: Trump pushed a candidate who lost against a stroke victim who could barely speak. The only greater handicap for the republicans would have been running against a dead guy.

You know, if I didn’t think this was all a ruse, I’d be pretty fuming mad at this orange haired idiot.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide