Big Bad Politics!

ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@UrbanMysticDee  
They will give the repugs this one. THEY need to keep the two party appearance and there is nothing better for that than a divided government.

No matter who wins, the same people rule.
Posted Report
Amagan

@ponypony221  
I genuinely doubt that. After what happened in the 2020 election with every safeguard being done away with to exploit the pandemic, I refuse to believe the midterms weren’t rigged months ago to ensure continued/expanded democrat rule. I’m absolutely certain they’ve got enough seats already secured to do away with the filibuster and packing SCOTUS during their first day of taking office.
Posted Report
Zaknel
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ezekiel 33:11
Though President Joe Biden has asked voters to think of the upcoming election as a “choice” rather than a “referendum,”
Do these people not even check his Twitter? He has done nothing but paint Republicans as bad for a while now.
Posted Report
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
Anyone want to make any bets on specific states/races? I think I only track slightly from “consensus” with a hope that Oklahoma flips blue and New York flips red just to enjoy the freakout.

@Amagan  
I think this election will be a softer red wave. Election cheating in the USA wouldn’t be done with mass manufactured votes but smudging the margins at key places. There is a difference between a totally compromised system and a system that can be manipulated. If vote rigging had occurred at that scale Democrats wouldn’t have stood for the losses in decades long strongholds of theirs they have over the past two years.

@Zaknel  
It is a duel reality tight rope. Centrist(ish) positing is still technically where his brand is but the base of the party wants some sweet sweet zingers and self-righteous us vs them (though to be fair I guess the Repblicans can sometimes be not too far behind, albeit more focused on the upper elite over everyday people usually). I think what has been observed with Charlie Christ in Flordia is apt for average base Democrat as a whole right now to the average Republican voter or leaner. Reporters either are totally for it or don’t notice from their own bubble (I imagine a lot are somewhere in between).
Posted Report
Zaknel

I wish I had more time to research all of the different voting options. Aside from governor, senator, representatives, and County Judge, there wil so, so many other things to vote for in my area. I just am hoping I have the time to research them all next election cycle.
Posted Report
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@ponypony221  
Not sure what you mean on meta events (the odd libertarian candidate, the strange and idiot behavior of the democrats, the threats?) but yeah I am red on Arizona as well.

@Zaknel  
There is always a few that slip by me, especially this year. If you studied at least the top and some of the mid level you at least did more than most.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@TheBridge  
Referring to my other post.

I think this election is being slid towards republicans to preserve the two party appearance. A mock impeachment will, ironically, revive the faith of many in the system because it will delude them that there is any meaningful difference between the two parties. There isn’t.

Arizona in particular because Arizona going red after the talk of fraud there will legitimize the previous fraud and future frauds there. That’s why the media was talking about it for the last week.
Posted Report
Zaknel

@TheBridge  
Biggest one for me was County Judge. It was the first time changing Judges in a long time.

But what the heck is a railroad commissioner?
Posted Report
Zaknel

@ponypony221  
@Anonymous #372F  
Funnily enough, I asked at my class if anyone could tell me what this is. They said it’s not just trains. It’s allocating funds to the construction and maintenance of anything involving roads. And where I live, that’s a pretty big deal.
Posted Report
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
This is not the night anyone expected. Split ticket voting has returned and a lot of races vary up and down the ballot. Some races are neck and neck. Some races one side crushing victories the other comfortably but there is no waves save the hard Republican wave in Flordia and Trump’s position within the party looks a lot weaker (though he is still far from out, too much of the political machine is based around him for that to be).

@Zaknel  
In Texas, the railroad commission regulates the oil industry (and is poorly run and corrupt). Not sure what state you live in but I imagine that if you do live in Texas it could be a honest mistake as it was involved in rail roads till fairly recently. Otherwise you live in a state with a correctly named regulatory agency.

@ponypony221  
Democrats holding a lead, right now anyway, in Arizona. I, even if I put on a more darker and cyclical cap, am hard pressed to come up with a coherent thing to say defining this election. Though we still have a fair way to go.
Posted Report
FeatherTrap
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Call me crazy, but isn’t a Red Wave supposed to be more…sweeping? :P

I dunno, I admit I could be reading these results wrong, but this looks more like a Pink Ripple to me
Posted Report
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@ponypony221  
I’ll give you one too, even if Arizona did not turn out red, suspecting something strange going one there or a set up for something I don’t see as unreasonable even if I disagree on vast conspiracy theories with everything being puppeteered in the way you often describe. Oddly strong Libertarian candidate who suddenly brings up age of consent laws in debate and then dropping out of race giving his support to Blake Masters would feel like a set up for a Republican victory.

@Amagan  
I’ll give you one also. Even if I think that a rational explanation still possibly exists in John McCain type voters being too strong a force in Arizona for Kari Lake and Blake Masters to overcome. I am having a hard time believing that Katti Hobbes, the person that refused to debate Kari Lake and that Democrats themselves were sounding the alarm over , is preforming at this level.

Arizona feels weird.

@FeatherTrap  
Outside of Flordia I would describe it as a chaotic stalemate that may even turn out as very faded light blue ripple but we shall see. There is like 20 or so congressional races were the margins aren’t even in a percentage point and counting is still ongoing.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide