We're working on it.

ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
@Deserter
Honestly I’m not sure WHY it’s doing that. I’d joke that my network is held together with bubblegum and tape but it’s really not. It’s quite well built but the ponybooru VM keeps disconnecting itself from it’s network adapter. I might end up rebooting it sometime to setup a watchdog timer that’ll hopefully reset the adapter if it disconnects.
Posted Report
Anonymous #85DF
@TrukkinDuck
It did for awhile, but they relaxed that at some point. I guess the mods felt confident that the kiddie-poster is long gone.
Posted Report
Exhumed Legume
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Weirdo
@TrukkinDuck
That was a long time a ago, recently there’s been apparently one persistent schizoid schizoposting about some obscure song on the altboorus, don’t know about DB.
Seen 3 IRL gore photos from the freak on Twibooru so far.
Posted Report
ZizzyDizzyMC
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."

Administrator
Site Developer
TL:DR We’re in a new home for a while until we get much better hardware.
So what happened?
I was planning to migrate most of our infrastructure to a nice rebuilt server that’ll host disks and keep everything going with minimal issue.
What I got was 3(5 if you count the ones that died twice) systems and a migraine.
As most of you will recall, we started having some issues with random 503 pages, internal errors etc. I migrated the site slowly over to one of the nodes, we’ll call it Node-1.
Node-1 showed issues about 2 weeks after completing this.
Node-0 was what ponybooru was on, and it was slowly enroute via mail after having spent 3 weeks migrating stuff from it, including clients and other pony sites.
Node-2 was a built system I built for personal backup, and had an issue in the past, that was resolved.
Node-3 is a system I built for hosting HDD’s purpose built.
Issues in order:
Ponybooru having issues
Build Node-3
Migrate Node-0 to Node-3 except for ponybooru which needed to be migrated to node-1 due to the sheer size of PB.
Node-1 starts having issues, shutting off, network adapters disconnecting, 503 errors.
I begin the migration of some small datasets to Node-1 from Node-2, so I can use Node-2’s hdd’s in a future project (Node-4)
Node-0 makes it to my DC, I begin assessing the damage and what needs to be done
Node-1 tips over and crashes, array is gone overnight and I have to rebuild. This is when PB became unusable due to not having enough disk speed to load static web pages.
Node-1’s boot disk fails (1 of 2, raid 1)
Node-2 isn’t fully migrated yet
Node-6 crashes, I divert time and effort fixing this as this hosts clients and our status page.
Node-0 begins getting rebuilt. 40gbe networking, 2 new boot / vm storage drives, external sas controller added.
Node-1 completely goes out, PB has to be shut down along with TPA and PV to avoid data loss. If these steps were not taken you wouldn’t be reading this.
Node-0 is installed, prelim tested and put into service.
Node-3 contents begin moving over to Node-0
Node-1 is brought back online, a scrub of data is initiated to ensure data accuracy and no data loss. All other services on Node-1 are disabled.
Node-3 contents are all entirely moved over to Node-0.
Node-3 is unplugged from the disk shelf unit, the disk shelf is then added to Node-0
Node-1 PB VM is backed up to Node-0
Node-1 data processing continues
Node-0 disk shelf work begins, creating a new dedicated array for PB
Node-0 begins restoration of PB VM to new array hosted off of disk shelf, separate from the backup array built into Node-0.
Node-1 data processing continues, and finishes successfully.
Node-1 disks are removed and added to disk shelf on Node-0
Node-0 loads disks and begins import of array, this completes quickly.
Node-0 restores VM’s from Node-1 that were backed up to Node-0
Node-0 finishes restore of PB VM.
Networking configuration is done for the newly rebuilt Node-0
Node-6 obliterates itself, ruining my morning.
Node-6 finishes repairing itself, some damage done but it’ll survive, backups are made. A VM hosted for a client got compromised sucking all of the system resources. (This doesn’t affect us, the VM was nuked from orbit, it was already discontinued from use anyway)
Node-0 finishing touches, array verification, status checks, networking config, hardening config done.
Online one thing at a time and you’re here!
Holy shit I love backups, but only having 1 copy of a backup at certain points through this process was not great.
As an end result we have some storage and room to grow, everything I run also gets ever so slightly cheaper to run every month because I’m powering off Node-3, 2 and 1 in favor of running Node-0 which has been rebuilt. Node 1 will be sold, node 2 will be made into an emergency backup system, and node 3 will also likely be sold.
Life’s been really shit lately, hopefully this sparks some better waters ahead.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
Per our policies, an update has been made to our rules
Notable changes:
Added clarification regarding certain DNP scenarios and removed some options just because no one used them in our 4 years.
Clarified language throughout.
Images that are known to be run through adversarial models must be tagged.
Color Anon
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Artist -

Distant banjo noise
Your continued effort to keep this place up and nice is as usual, very appreciated.
Sincerely, thank you very much.
Deserter
Artist -

I am once again back at it at Krispy Kreme.
I really appreciate the titanic effort it must’ve been to get this place running again.
Interested in advertising on Ponybooru? Click here for information!
Learn how to advertise on ponybooru, free options are availble.

Ponybooru ain't free mate - help support us financially!

ETH: 0xC41132ad4627FBfBd0d1712A27B268a06278eE50 | BTC: bc1qeyw3e72pcylque89r2940hhfzrz339kxuvruun
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide