We're working on it.

ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
@ZizzyDizzyMC
I might be wrong, this might not be a network issue, Disk IOPS might be an issue here. If it is I’ll work on getting a newer system set up as soon as I can.
We’re pulling 1 million IOPS, not sure what’s going on but I can see a lot of pages being accessed in fast succession, possibly being DoS’d but I did some upgrades and we’re cookin pretty good.
I was reading the graph wrong, due to the network issues we were moving 1M of data, ie: 8mbps. We’re now moving a solid average of 4MB/s which is a bit below our baseline load.
I expect traffic to increase again as more people realize PB is back.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."

Administrator
Site Developer
@Anonymous #94FD
No, it’s just the network is kinda bad where we migrated the base system to, but the hardware is not nearly as fast in disk speed. The lack of 6TB flash accelerators is showing.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
@TrukkinDuck
Yeah we’ll go back to the old hardware once it’s working again. If I can’t fix it I’ll have to pay down my personal debt I accrued building up my business before buying a new set of hardware.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
I’m still trying to chase down performance issues, I legitimately cannot tell if it’s networking or disk related. I think it’s a networking issue.
Deserter
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

What he said, keeping this rocking boat afloat can’t be easy, I really appreciate how much effort you’ve been putting in it.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
Alright long blogpost time. State of the site.
A bunch of work was done bringing the site up to date. We have a few new mod tools, which means a couple policies will change and will be reflected in the way we moderate certain things.
The good:
We’re up to date mostly, everything is pretty stable, no random crashes*, mod tools work as intended for the most part.
The bad:
Our hardware we’re temporarily on is awful, I can’t express how bad it is.
*some users may experience timeouts due to the database failing to respond within 400ms, this is rare but a refresh will fix it because it’ll pull the cached result.
The network tunnel between PB and the net is fragile, and had disconnected earlier this morning, I’ll put a watchdog timer on this and if it goes off in the future with that in place it’ll auto restart. Hopefully.
I don’t have the cash on hand to build more hardware, so I’m selling some old hardware parts to get the cash needed to build us a new system. There will be things available for sale soon in my commissions page to help raise money faster.
I’m having issues fixing the old hardware we were on, that could take several weeks if it is even re-usable.
Policy changes / site changes:
Site changes:
We now have an approval queue for images to flow through, if you are an existing user this likely doesn’t affect you. Posting as normal is auto approved. If you don’t have an account then it’ll go to the approval queue, for manual approval before being shown to users.
Mod tools: Spam posters and mass tag changers beware, we can just one click obliterate all of your actions now without having to manually craft sql queries. Your spam is better suited for facebook or twitter, thanks.
Notifications area has changed, you can now see your notifications more clearly.
Policy Changes:
Previously after a warning we would temp-ban users who broke the rules while uploading images.
Instead of a ban, our next move now is to disapprove a users account requiring manual approval before uploads are accepted. Rule 4 violations still result in an instant ban, as usual.
Anonymous #85DF
@Absol95
Spammer, tag vandal, shit head. You don’t want to know more than that.
If you’re really curious, just try searching *cbat* under tags and you’ll find the graveyard of their wasted effort.
Deserter
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@Absol95
Some shitposter that keeps spamming shit and changing the tags to nonsense, “Cbat” is a song by Hudson Mohawke that had 15 minutes of fame because some guy in Reddit said he used the song as a metronome to have sex with his girlfriend, and it basically destroyed the relationship.
No clue why he’s using that as the basis to his shitposting, but I guess his goals are beyond our understanding.
Interested in advertising on Ponybooru? Click here for information!
Learn how to advertise on ponybooru, free options are availble.

Ponybooru ain't free mate - help support us financially!

ETH: 0xC41132ad4627FBfBd0d1712A27B268a06278eE50 | BTC: bc1qeyw3e72pcylque89r2940hhfzrz339kxuvruun
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide