We're shutting down :D

TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
@Twiface
(>I had assumed this was just a Pareto distribution.
I have always thought of a mod/site worker part of that 20 or whatever X% that was most active. Not that you couldn’t possibly find that within there for all I know. Also worth mentioning, 1-9-90
@UrbanMysticDee
I was talking about fault in the idea of working distribution as I had seen this pattern even before the incident (not that it helped) even before he was a mod.
@UrbanMysticDee
I only found out about this a couple of months ago and haven’t studied it thoroughly. Just to note.
πʊßƛįϰ

@TheBridge
I once ended up as the head admin of a community due to attrition. I was brought on as a temporary assistant while the main leadership went on vacation. Fast forward a year and they’ve kept myself and a few other temps on the team b/c they liked the reduction in workload.
However, the head admin at the time and site owner had a huge dustup and all active leadership left, leaving myself and two “temporary” assistants to run the place (the owner managed to become somehow even more absentee).
During the 2020 Summer of Love, I cucked the political wingnuts by strictly enforcing the “stay on topic, assholes” rule. However, people blamed the mod who was online all the time for that and celebrated me as the stable mare behind the curtain (see also: Spez being hailed as the returning hero after Ellen Pao’s tenure).
Feels good to be de facto retired from that. Speaking of temp admins, I wonder how Raptorshy is doing these days. We used to be IRC buddies.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
(>I once ended up as the head admin of a community due to attrition.
That is literately me. Our old leader left and I was handed off control. Being friends with another guy who wound up as a guardian of a couple of dead small pony places and I am added as staff just to help monitor it. Things like that. Albeit without the background politics because these places were microscopic (I know of a case where I center right normie libertarian wound up in charge of a site with a SJW faction, right trollish faction, and a more laid back left leaning old guard that still wanted to get rid of the right wing trolls but keep some edgy humor. I talked to him a few times. Felt sorry for the guy as he had to deal with constant… stuff.) Anyway, yeah, that sounds like a dozy! At least you played it like a master politician. Surviving those politics unscathed is no easy feat.
(>I wonder how Raptorshy is doing these days. We used to be IRC buddies.
All I have heard is some retarded conspiracies of others being Raptor on Derpi as one of the other admins, her significant other I think.
Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based

Princess of GREGGS
@TheBridge
You could still have a Pareto distribution within the mod team itself though. Like how group projects at school usually end up with one or two people doing most of the work and the rest of the team just freeloading.
πʊßƛįϰ

@TheBridge
The key to being seen as the stable guiding hand is to be quiet about removals—but keep a constant eagle eye for spam, etsy sellers, and public moderation complaints. Moderation discussions, even when posted in good faith, invite malingerers to revisit their preferred axe to grind. Etsy wannabes are a plague: the community actively likes some of them, but not treating them as spambots means the place is flooded with their ads.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
@TrukkinDuck
Assistants take care of smaller items, duplicates, spam, and the occasional removal of the same 4-5 people that keep coming back to upload more spam. Moderation actions still have to be logged etc.
Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based

Princess of GREGGS
@RainbowEevee
Did you read the first post in the thread?
For about a week while we migrate the server
Zizzy is just trolling us with the title. It’s just shutting down temporarily for hardware upgrades.
coolmaster43232

I hope this Migration to the new server will put a stop to those 500 errors I’ve been getting.
@RainbowEevee
It’s only temporary. He’s letting us know that it’s moving to a new server which will make go off for about week.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide