Vent Thread

Color Anon
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Distant banjo noise
Minor rant, but my dad just bought himself a reflex camera and guess WHO is he calling to ask him how to use the goddamn thing?

Dad, I haven’t even seen your camera and no, I can’t teach you through the phone no matter how many times you call me asking “Hey, how I do this”, please read the instruction booklet instead, they printed it and put it there for a reason.
Aryanne

卐 1488 卐
@Acres  
You ever thought about living in a trailer park?

I hear it’s a lot more affordable than an apartment.

That’s what I plan on doing.
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Bae > Bay
  1. There’s too much music being made today because it’s too cheap and easy so now everyone gets to make music and the people get to pick and choose who they like, ““experts”” don’t control access to multi-million dollar equipment.

2. Young people are lazy.

3. Young people are shit.

4. Young people don’t know how to play instruments.

Somehow NONE of that seems to actually address the real problem, why does music COMING FROM MAJOR RECORD LABELS today suck?

I can go on the Internet and see (and have seen) thousands of videos of young people who are superb at playing pretty much any instrument. I can listen to independent musicians on the Internet produce astoundingly good songs even though they didn’t put in “10,000 hours” (which is a lie*). Why did the Beatles play in bars for 10 years before they made it big? Was it because you have to put in an arbitrary number of practice hours, and you have to languish through shit gigs until the elite record experts like you because you look good and fit marketing trends and can be a sex symbol rather than your talent (because that’s what it is, they don’t care how good you are, they care if people will look at your picture on an album cover and buy it)? They were stuck playing shit gigs for years because there literally was no other way to get their music out there to the public. If Spotify or Youtube existed in the 1960s the Beatles wouldn’t have had to go through the gatekeepers after years of suffering, they could have released their music to the world without kissing ring.

Likewise, in the “good old days” a man out of high school could get an upper middle class union job by answering a classified ad that could pay for a wife, three kids, two cars, a house, maybe a vacation home, and if his boss wanted him to work overtime he could tell the boss to kiss his ass, drive down the street, and get a new job the same afternoon plus a sign on bonus and a get out of Vietnam free card, work at the same company for 30 years, retire with full pension, and buy five more homes to flip and thereby pricing his own children out of the housing market.

Now young people have to work 100 hours a week, being on call at any hour of the night, with no health plan, no vacation, no hope of ever having kids or retiring, just to afford to live in Boomer’s basement.

Young people work A WHOLE FUCKING LOT harder than people did 30, 40, 50 years ago, and are a whole fucking lot more productive, but while corporate profits have skyrocketed all the money goes into the pockets of the uber rich elite while real wages have stagnated for 40 years.

So, to recap:

*Young people aren’t lazy  
    *Young people know how to play instruments  
    *Music software isn’t the reason major record labels are putting out shit music  
    *Young people are no more shitty than any previous generation, they’re just shitty in different ways

*Here’s a short list of sauces debunking the 10,000 hour myth:  
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
With all the people moving to subscribestar I’m expecting it to end up like patreon within a few years. It seems like every time an exodus occurs the platform chosen slowly becomes like the platform left.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@EverfreeEmergencies  
It’s called “sites can grow old and senile too”. Combined with being influenced by both higher leagues it ends up in (read: bank bullshit) and by the people who move there (see: twitter becoming turbo toxic after tumblr the biohazardous waste tank burst).
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@coolmaster43232  
You are lucky. The repetitive radio is part of the reason I quit my job at the grocery store. Six-eight and a half hour shifts for three years straight,and the radio never changed. The absolute worst song I had to put up with was a cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Simple Man. It was baaaaaaaad.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
I remember many years ago the DJ for the local station had a bad break-up and lost his mind on-air, playing the same sad song over and over and over again something like 40 times and babbling nonsense off & on until the station was finally able to get some people inside to take him off the air.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Back in the early 2000’s,our local oldies station played nothing but Wild Thing,all day. We didn’t know what was going on,then the next day the entire channel changed to modern pop and the station was now called “Wild 104”. It still is,nearly twenty years later.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide