Things you used to believe in in your younger days that you don't anymore for whatever reason

Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
I used to believe that it is annoying when my internet connection goes down.
Now, it feels somewhat liberating. Partly because it doesn’t happen as often, partly because the internet sucks more every year.

Depends on which part of the internet. I still don’t see it as a form of liberation.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
When I was a kid, I thought there was just a certain level of fame that existed once a band had made it. I just thought everyone became U2-tier big once they had their breakthrough.
Posted Report
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
When Stephen Hillenberg died, I thought Nickelodeon would after at most a few years, put Spongebob to rest.
Posted Report
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I used to think that stuff like cybernetic implants and virtual realities and the like would be cool. Now I just see how dystopic the implementation is going to be.
Posted Report
Twiface

Princess of Shitposting
When I was young, I thought the ‘D’ in the Disney logo was a backwards ‘G’  
I also thought the USPS logo was a backwards ‘E’ instead of an eagle’s head

It took me years to realize that I was wrong, but I still kind of see them that way.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Twiface  
When I was a kid it wasn’t just a head but I had a similar issue seeing what it was

full

I kind of figured it was a bird but I thought the wing was the head and the head was the tail.
Posted Report
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
I used to believe that Megaman Legends 3 would be revived in the form of a fan game via a cabal of passionate fans coming together and doing the Megaman equivalent of Half-Life fans doing a project Borealis for Half Life 3. Ditto for Megaman Starforce 4.
Also, I once believed that Betty Friedan wasn’t a vile, twisted piece of Kosher trash.
Twiface

Princess of Shitposting
Nine and a half years ago, I first read Fallout Equestria and thought it was a masterpiece which set a new standard for fanfiction.
Over time, I realized that it suffered from the same problems that most fanfiction does: virtually everything is either blatantly copied from the source material or is blatant fanservice. Now I wonder if it has any redeeming values at all.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@Twiface
I’ve almost completely lost interest in Fallout Equestria as well.
It certainly does suffer from same problems as most fanfiction. However, I wouldn’t say it is totally without merits. There is some decent sense of mystery, and borrowed from Fallout elements are usually adapted to partly fit the MLP setting in at least some way.
Honestly, the show canon (and reality) became so depressing, that a darker reinterpretation of the setting became obsolete for me.
Twiface

Princess of Shitposting
borrowed from Fallout elements are usually adapted to partly fit the MLP setting in at least some way.
Yes, I very much agree on that point. I respect Kkat for trying to adapt stuff instead of making a blatant photocopy, even to the point of writing a somewhat plausible backstory for how the two settings merged. Most crossover stories lazily drop characters from setting A into setting B, which I’ve come to regard as somewhat lazy (probably because FoE showed me that it could be done differently). I do also admire Kkat for taking a premise that most people would regard as a joke and just playing it straight.
Some of my issues with FoE also come from the fanbase which has built up around it.
the show canon (and reality) became so depressing, that a darker reinterpretation of the setting became obsolete for me.
I thought the complete opposite. My interest in FoE largely came from me seeing it as less depressing than the real world.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide