We're shutting down! Read more here

Random Nonsense Thread

AlsoSprachOdin

I keep a collection of snippets and quotes from the things I read on the internet and wherever; a few lines from some blog or article, arguments between anons, and fanfiction. For your pleasure, a few bits of MLP fanfiction I saved:

flattery is best when it’s grudging  
  • A Study In Rainbows, by Thanqol

I think I’m going to stay in a hotel. I don’t like the idea of sleeping someplace when that someplace is watching me sleep.  
  • Wise Beyond Her Years, by Pen Stroke

“Do you know what professors call the science education most ponies get before college?”  
    Rainbow Dash chuckled. “Yeah. ‘Lies to children.’ Meteorologists say that, too.”  
  • The Stars, the Seal and the Kraken, by CLAVDIVS CAESAR

This is our PBR – that is to say, patrol boat river. The skipper is in charge. After him, I’m in charge. After me, the little runt you see up front is in charge. After him, any other marine on board is in charge. If there are no marines on board, the boat descends into anarchy. At no point will you be in charge of her.  
  • Conflict in Bloom, by aDerangedBrony

A nurse trembled behind the reception desk, shutting her eyes as Luna passed like an ancient plague.  
  • Faith and Doubt, by defender2222

“You all right, ma’am?” asked the cashier, noticing her hyperventilation.  
    “I’m fine!” said Bon Bon. “I just forgot that I left my house on fire.”  
    The cashier stared at her. She felt the need to elaborate.  
    “Don’t worry. I have plenty of houses!” She grinned in what she theorised was a trustworthy manner.  
  • Do Not Serve These Ponies, by Thanqol

“You seem to think I wasn’t prepared for this,” Lyra said, “but you have overlooked one crucial detail.”  
    “And what’s that?” said the fascinating moustache.  
    “And what is that?” Repeated the moustache pony when it became apparent Lyra had zoned out again.  
  • Ditto

Criminals.  
    Criminals are terror.  
    Criminals are a terror. The face of terror. My terror. I must disguise my terror. Disguise my face.  
    Daisy is dead.  
    Lily is dead.  
    Rose is dead.  
    …I shall become a mask.”  
  • Eyes Without A face, by TheyCallMeJub

I didn’t even like you at first. Really goes to show that you can’t judge a book by how gay it is  
  • For Every Answered Prayer, by LunaUsesCaps

Would you like an olive with a thing in it? I call them Olives with Things in Them!”  
  • My Little Proletariat, by Aglet

She had a dream that night where Dash forgave her. At first she had been angry with her, but at length, when Scootaloo had declared that having a cutie mark was worthless, and that she’d only want Dash’s mark anyway, it turned to a form of oppressive pity. The truth was that even in her subconscious musings she knew that this wondrously streaked lightning cloud was for Rainbow Dash alone. She had earned it; she alone had the dare and the do for that one. After that she had ventured into the sugar sprinkle sand of a candy beach, where the pie lobsters moaned horrifyingly and sang songs about salt water showers that defied their very existence. It was a dream, after all.  
  • Don’t Let Her Down, by slightlyshade

Like they’re confused about something.”  
    “Something bad?” Princess Twilight asked.  
    “Something something.”  
  • A Glint of Light on Broken Glass, by siderealSandman

He ignored them all, walking with swift determination, never allowing himself pause to contemplate the danger he was approaching. Stairs sloped upward in smooth stone and polished wood. He only saw his path. Two floors. Three. Six. He didn’t think between counting until he reached eight. The target. His goal. The door to the hallway of small apartments was locked, but it offered no impediment to a guardspony’s kick. The splinters spread over his steel-lined shoes and he felt pure, unadulterated nothing.  
  • Where Loyalties Lie: Honor Guard by LoyalLiar

The best I could say is something about how time heals all wounds, but time is a pretty lousy doctor. It usually gets the job done eventually, but never anywhere near as fast as we’d like, and its bedside manner ain’t exactly gentle in the meantime.  
  • Heart of Loyalty, by PonyAmorous

Twilight held her head in her hooves and leaned against the tree. She was on the run, crimes completely exposed, and about to be the subject of a nationwide marehunt, and Rainbow Dash was missing.  
    Great. Looks like scenario 7C.  
  • Heart of Loyalty, PonyAmorous

The larvan sexual tension from before had now emerged from its cocoon not as a caterpillar, but a majestic butterfly of homoerotic office romance and Twilight only had herself to blame for that.  
  • Twilight Sparkle: History’s Greatest Monster, by PotatoJoe

Its inhabitants believed for the most part that they had an all-powerful protector like the Sisters, but apparently He was either shy, busy, or highly devoted to the cause of supporting His humans’ right to free will, because He was a lot less obvious in his actions compared to Celestia and Luna.  
    Left thus to their own devices, the humans of Earth invented hundreds of languages, experimented with every form of government imaginable and became quite skilled in the obscure art of propelling metal objects at great speeds into other objects.  
  • The Best of All Possible Worlds, by McPoodle

“Mongo can not help it,” the diamond dog lamented. “Mongo just pawn in cruel game of life.”  
  • The Rise of Darth Vulcan, by RealityCheck

For a brief insane moment she considered confirming everything, just to see the reporter’s face as she capered and danced off into the sunset, magnificently lit by the flames of her burning career. It was a tempting vision.  
  • Whom the Princesses Would Destroy… , by GhostOfHeraclitus

“You come back with those or I am calling the cops!”  
    “I am calling your bluff! Tell them you were bested by a child!”  
  • Mentally Advanced Series: Episode 16, by FiMFlamFilosophy

it’s a terrible season filled with cold weather, cold people, and colds.  
  • Princess Celestia, on Fall, Letters from an Irritated Princess, by Tired Old Man

“What is it?” I asked.  
    “Brown stew,” said Sunshine Smiles, wiping his muzzle with his hoof.  
    I arched an eyebrow, “What’s in it?”  
    “Brown,” he said laconically.  
  • Blueblood: Hero of Equestria, by Raleigh

she was late. Very, very late. Far too late for it to be brushed off as fashionable. No, this lateness had long since gone out of style, though if she slowed down, she might be able to arrive when it became retro.  
  • https://www.fimfiction.net/story/99710/10/the-implicit-neighs/the-meaning-of-generosity

Bitches don’t know about my plan to kill the Goddess.  
    Neither do I.  
  • Anonymous, on Littlepip

No sane God would allow this, Baseball Twilight thought to herself, as she crunched her bat into the back of Twilight’s skull, the bloody chunks splattering down her thighs and across her chubby, ugly, omnipresent face.  
    And, lo, if she is God, then she must pay the price.  
    https://www.fimfiction.net/story/376941/10/mad-with-power/alone-in-a-crowd-by-pearple-prose

ClownDicks: We haven’t seen many unicorns Sweetie’s age using magic. We’ve seen plenty of pegases (proper plural, btw) Scootaloo’s age flying. Get rekt.  
    TheSubtleBrony: No the proper plural is pegasi just like a person who graduated from an institution is an alumnus but a group of them are alumni  
    ClownDicks: Alumnus is Latin. Pegasus is Greek.  
    Roboshi: If it’s greek then the plural would be pegasodei.  
    Background Pony #FB82: You’re half right. The English word “pegasus” is from Latin and the plural is “pegasi”. However, the Latin word is from the Greek word “pegasos”.  
    SunnySide: NEEEEEERDS

“we wish to offer a cease-fire.”  
    “… While raining combat drones on my forces?” the High Commander asked.  
    “We thought it would help our case if we provided some fire that you might wish to cease,”  
  • https://www.fimfiction.net/story/176991/11/iron-hearts-book-3-the-sept-lamman/siege-of-canterlot-part-three

Luna was still glowering at him, and her seething rage seemed to be set at broil. She was angrily stabbing her salad, shoving large bites into her mouth, and then chewing the poor, hapless greens with extreme prejudice, dark purpose, and even with her mouth open.  
  • https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382335/3/no-nose-knows/3-seeds-sown-in-adversity, by Irrespective

Just because it’s a law doesn’t mean it’s right.  
    Although this was all from the underdogs perspective. To the majority of wider society, it was all proper and correct. There was a due process of law for a reason, and ninety-nine times out of a hundred, it worked just as intended and protected the innocent.  
    Mistakes are made, it’s inevitable. But that’s just life, and no system is perfect. Well meaning people try their best, but misunderstandings will still happen. It’s no one’s fault. It’s The System, and The System works.  
    Yeah, Prey didn’t care about any of that. Who cared about the ninety-nine when you were the one?  
  • https://www.fimfiction.net/story/395988/58/prey-and-a-lamb/584-due-process-of-law-whats-that

“I’m the strongest unicorn in the world. It costs a lot to hire me.”  
    “I only got ten bits,” Applejack muttered. “It’s everything I got saved up.”  
    “I’ve been offered a lot before, but never everything.”  
  • https://www.fimfiction.net/story/252269/3/the-witch-of-the-everfree/for-a-few-apples-more

If only I could be so grossly incandescent. If only I could burn the way it does, to sing in helium fire, to thrum with all the heat of life and light. I would dash myself upon the crystal plaza below us if it meant I would be reborn as a celestial object, an orbiting body of a complexity beyond and outside the life of a pony. I would trade every decision to be unmade into something other than what I am.  
  • https://www.fimfiction.net/story/494528/1/ocean-death/ocean-death

“It’s beautiful,” I whispered.  
    She shook her head. “Not yet. If you could see the design in my mind, Twilight, ah… Well, maybe you will, if I finish this.”  
    “What will you do with it?”  
    “Oh, sell it, of course.” Her sudden, easy answer shocked me, and it must’ve shown on my face. “My passion is for creating dresses, darling, not hoarding them. If I kept every design that I thought was beautiful I’d need a separate warehouse. Once an artist creates something, it must be turned loose. And if that’s how you make your living, well, then you have to sell it.”  
    “Sorry. You’re right of course.” I stepped closer to the dress and reached out a hoof. When she nodded, I carefully brushed the top of my fetlock against its scaled breast. The entire design shimmered as the scales shook. “It’s just… taking something so beautiful and selling for bits? I don’t know if I could do that.”  
    “It’s a common sentiment, Twilight. But, unless they have a desire to starve, most artists accept the fact that they must assign monetary value to the things they love and then part with them. It hurts, but we call the artists who cannot do that amateurs.”  
    “Oh.” I stepped around the dress, both to view it from all angles and also to buy some time to think. “Does it ever get easier?”  
    “Yes. We call those artists whores.”  
    https://www.fimfiction.net/story/434003/6/the-archetypist/chapter-6
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
ZHANGJIAKOU, China – The men’s 50km mass start race at the Beijing Games was shortened to 30km but that did little to help Finland’s Remi Lindholm, who needed a heat pack at the end of the race to thaw out a particularly sensitive body part.
Lindholm spent just under an hour and 16 minutes traversing the course in howling, freezing winds, leading to his penis becoming frozen for the second time in a cross-country skiing race following a similar incident in Ruka, Finland last year.

Winning is so important to this guy that he froze his dick twice.
Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@Havoc  
Havoc: Pony pony pony…  
Fandom: Brony brony brony…  
Woot: nah-Z nah-Z nah-Z n shiet…  
4chan: nigga nigga nigga  
Black: nigger nigger nigger  
Brit: init init init oi  
Mex: Andale andale andale  
Canada: Sorry pardon me excuse me

Havoc: What have I began?

America: Guns guns guns
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide