We're shutting down! Read more here

Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
This is an old oc I made named Weirdo. Her thing was learning about fetishes.Seriously.  
Anyway,I figured deleting things must have been much more than just fun…
Anonymous #2AB4
@Тпсс_  
There’s nothing intresting to say in this days it seems ’cause of personal or IRL stuff, or they just move on to other social media. But hey, we gotta leave some time to ppl come with something and starts to be active again.
Anonymous #5F71
@Zaknel  
At this point and after all the nasty stuff that was exposed about Ciaran, anyone who still chooses to believe him and deny the truth about him is not a person wortth befriending or worrying about.
Anonymous #5F71
@UrbanMysticDee  
I trust the local staff could quickly isolate, warn and finally kick out any horrible people trying to generate problems and trying to turn this community into another hellhole like Derpibooru.
user7853
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@acres  
what?

@Anonymous #5F71  
id say that ignoring people can do the job more quickly, because even crazy people should eventually get bored of screaming to a wall

if years of playing league of legends and almost never typing in chat has taught me something is that sometimes the correct play is not responding at all
Anonymous #5F71
@TeamBlueplant  
Depends of the place and userbase. Personally I discovered that attempting to ignore annoying derpi users only triggered their rage and made them double, triple and quadruple their efforts to be annoying, stalk people around and derail threads until they could get some of the attention and reactions they wanted so much.  
Some of theme even spammed me with angrier and angrier private messages demending a reply and demanding me to apologize to them if I wanted them to ever consider me as a friend, because the idea of them being unpleaseant people, that someone else not wanting to talk to them or much less wanted to be their friend was a concept that was completely beyond their ability to understand no matter how much you tried to explain things to them.

They never got bored of screaming to a wall, they never ran out of free time to keep doing it and they could never get over the fact that someone refused to give them the reaction they wanted to get so muchh, and of course the staff allowed them to keep doing this for years nonstop because of reasons.

This is why Derpibooru needed a block button, and I never undertood why the dev staff refused to implement that option, in fact I remember some admins warning users that using a third party blocking script could be punished with a ban because of more reasons so they tried to disencourage it’s use.
Anonymous #5F71
@Zaknel  
In my opinion, it needs both, because as I said, derpi’s staff disliked the idea of users installing custom scripts to block other users and liked to use veiled threats to disencourage the use of such things.  
According to them, if a user installed a way to block unpleaseant users, that automatically meant he was also using it to block the admin staff, which also automatically meant he was a bad person because that also automatically meant he was abusing a blocking script to purposely ignore the staff’s warnings for his bad behavior, so that automatically meant that blocking script are only for bad people who wanted to cause problems.

From my personal experience, probably 90% of the problems I had on derpi could have been avoided if back then I had been able to permanently block some users and permanently remove their options to talk to me, either directly or indirectly.  
Deviantart may be a hellhole full of annoying manchilds, but at least that place gives you the chance to block them and permenently cut off their access to your account’s content, which should have been great to have on Derpi to get rid of annoying manchilds who did nothing but stalk users and mass downvote pics just to cause trouble.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide