Chess

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
The murder book I’m working on has chess themes, even though it’s only mentioned in one chapter when the characters play my favorite match that I played, maybe. I might alter it to make it shorter. All the chapter titles will have chess titles.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Won 2 games in a row with the queen and one other piece defending it.

They both could have been queen defended by a pawn, which is cool since lots of people think pawns are useless, but looking over the second game I saw I could have won in 22 moves instead of 31. It was so obvious.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
The level 600 bot on Chess.com seems to be harder to beat than the level 700.

The “average” adult player is supposed to be 1200. I don’t know, the average adult doesn’t know what a blinker is or how to file a 1040 form, so 1200 seems like a stretch. Still, I don’t want to play against a live human until I’m certain I’m at 1200. Right now I’m guesstimating I’m at 680 or something. Not bad for having started 3 weeks ago.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
For some reason Chess.com is now using 60% of my CPU and is trying to distract me with red arrows and won’t let me view analysis of my matches because it takes longer than the age of the universe for analysis to load.

Putting red arrows there makes me think “How can I immediately deal with the red arrow?” instead of “What is the best move to make?”
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide