Headcanon thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Pegasi may have a huge economic advantage over other ponies. Are cloud homes potentially free? Is there a permit process, or can any pegasus who so chooses use their natural abilities to whip up a cloud home? If you set up just outside city limits, like Rainbow Dash seems to, do you avoid property taxes? Rent would seem to be right out.

I know Rainbow’s house is an actual house suspended by clouds, but what if you just crafted a cloud house and cloud furniture?
Anonymous #E765
@ANoobis  
No landlords or renthogs exist in the pegasus cities for precisely this reason. Georgism is a philosophy for grounded ponies only.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
This first point might belong on the Unpopular Opinion Thread but…I liked Star Tracker and I wish he had become a semi-regular supporting character in Twilight and Spike centric episodes.

(I also wish Moondancer became a semi-regular supporting character for Twiggles Episodes, but that’s not what I’m here to talk about)

I know there are some who like to ship him with Twilight, but tbh I like to headcanon him as an adoptive little brother in the family. I think it would have been adorable to have him around as a little brother figure for both her and Spike, and bonding over thinks like making star charts and reading comic books.
πʊßƛįϰ

@FeatherTrap  
The show sure loved to introduce new ponies and then never speak of them again. It was fine when it was a three-season run, but broke the immersion of Equestria being a real place by the end of the show.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@πʊßƛįϰ  
Yeah, thou really I just wanted to see more of Star Tracker because I thought he was a cute boi and seeing Twilight interact with him like a proper big sister would have been the best. The only other character she does anything similar to is Spike, and that one is also mired with her treating him as a living fax machine and/or pet. >.<

I’m aware I’m being totally subjective here, I just would have liked to see it a lot. To the point where in my own personal headcanon, Star Tracker was adopted by the Sparkle family and he and his new big sis like to bond over astrology and stargazing.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@FeatherTrap  
I liked him fine. It would have been nice to at least see him as a TA at Twilight’s school. He didn’t deserve the histrionic reaction he got when the episode came out.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ANoobis  
“HE INCONVIENCED A WOMAN!!!! THAT’S SEXUAL ASSAULT, YOU RAPE APOLOGIST!!!!”

Srs thou, everyone acted like he was the fuckin’ worst when he was just a cute lil’ boy who was over the moon to spend time with his hero. >.<
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Twilight’s quote from Bridle Gossip
“Supernaturals”? Spike, the word supernatural refers to things like ghosts and spirits and zombies, which are as make-believe as curses. This book is just a bunch of hooey!
and Discord being identified by Celestia as the Spirit of Disharmony in season 2 interact strangely. Season 1 in particular portrayed Twilight to be much more ignorant of her world than she suspected.

We know that Harmony is a tangible thing that makes up their world, but my idea is that Chaos is just as much a part of the fabric of their reality, hence there being a spirit to embody it. It’s only bad in the Paracelsus sense when Discord goes out of control and there’s too much of it. But too little could be just as dangerous. It’s always seemed to me that in her own way, Twilight is potentially as threatening as Discord. If Chaos is really a fundamental force of nature in their world, then the strict order Twilight would impose if she only had the power would cause the world to grind to a halt, with no change or evolution possible. If season 3 or earlier Twilight had replaced Celestia, Equestria would be micromanaged to the last minutia.

The fact that she sealed away magic, destroyed Equestria, and caused G5 bears out my assessment of her, even if it doesn’t confirm or contradict my take on Equestria’s metaphysics.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I have this impression that G5 ponies are smaller than G4 ponies were. It was just a stray thought that got stuck in my head, but it feels right given the world A New Generation presented.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide