Viewing last 25 versions of post by Azure Fang in topic Video game thread

Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Oh no, he's here?
"[@Anonymous #2BD9":](/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=45069#post_45069
)  
(Claimed. I really need to save my credentials on my phone.)

"

[
@Barhandar":](/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=45071#post_45071
)  
You can, if you buy a screwdriver set with tri-wing heads or you're lucky enough to have the tri-wing driver that came with DSi battery replacements - Nintendo swapped to tri-wings some time after the NES era. But at that point you're spending more money to play the game. Unless you really care about portability, emulation carries a number of benefits over native: color adjustment (important for GBA games to combat oversaturation that was baked in to counter the backlight), greater screen resolution, control options, netplay (for legacy games that used corded/wireless non-WiFi adapters), no contacts to keep clean, no worry about system battery life, and no chance of misplacing your cartridge.

EDIT: OH, add another benefit - emulation of failed hardware. In the example of the first two Boktai games, the solar sensors on the cartridge heads had a bad habit of burning out and cannot be replaced without soldering micro-components, which carries a risk of burning out other components. Most modern emulators or libretro cores have specific emulation routines for these hardware gimmicks.
No reason given
Edited by Azure Fang