Video game thread

Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
The final id Tech engine to be released GPL 3.0+ prior to ZeniMax’s proprietization of the engine line. It’s sad more games haven’t made use of id Tech 4, considering how surprisingly robust it is for its age.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@Azure Fang  
Gotta use that Unreal engine. For some reason. I guess everyone just really, really likes playing as tiny-headed steroid sacks who would be physically incapable of moving their own limbs in real life.
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Wally Worshiper
For real tho, Nintendo won E3 by a long shot this year. No stalling, no ugly fat dykes bragging about being a leader, no hour long panel about diversity and inclusion. Just 40 minutes straight of back to back game reveals. They’re the ONLY company that actually wants to sell games. Every other company wants to sell propaganda disguised as games.
user7853

@Barhandar  
honestly the only sega game i play is company of heroes 2, and they just kinda helped develop it?, i know nothing about sega so i cannot say, but it would be a interestig comparison if what you say its the case
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
@Barhandar  
>SEGA is into wokeshit propaganda by a large margin  
How so? Also, SEGA is no Sony, EA or post-2013 Ubisoft in terms of “LeTs AlL bE aLlIeS!!” woke virtue signaling and bribery to IGN, at least.
Anonymous #2BD9
@EverfreeEmergencies  
If you live in the US, you could try contacting local GameStop locations. Used Pokemon games tend to remain in srock forever.

That said, once you own a copy for legitimacy, I’d play on an emulator. GBA carts are starting to hit their “end of life”, with dead internal batteries causing play issues.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Anonymous #2BD9  
(Claimed. I really need to save my credentials on my phone.)

@Barhandar  
You can, if you buy a screwdriver set with tri-wing heads or you’re lucky enough to have the tri-wing driver that came with DSi battery replacements - Nintendo swapped to tri-wings some time after the NES era. But at that point you’re spending more money to play the game. Unless you really care about portability, emulation carries a number of benefits over native: color adjustment (important for GBA games to combat oversaturation that was baked in to counter the backlight), greater screen resolution, control options, netplay (for legacy games that used corded/wireless non-WiFi adapters), no contacts to keep clean, no worry about system battery life, and no chance of misplacing your cartridge.

EDIT: OH, add another benefit - emulation of failed hardware. In the example of the first two Boktai games, the solar sensors on the cartridge heads had a bad habit of burning out and cannot be replaced without soldering micro-components, which carries a risk of burning out other components. Most modern emulators or libretro cores have specific emulation routines for these hardware gimmicks.
Mitchy

Best princess👗👑
I got a new neo geo mvs 1 slot pcb, hooked up to my jamma supergun and works nice, my older one developed audio issues, but this one works great, I played through metal slug 3 on it and it works nice, though the graphics were a bit glitch, but I think that’s more due to the cartridge itself. Still waiting on my taito f3 board and puzzle bobble 4 cartridge.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide