Books

General Discussion » Books Search Posts
FeatherTrap
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Unicorn in the Woods
@ThatJewAsshole
Doubtful, it's a really old book. If they even print The Woodland Folk at all anymore, it's probably some lower-quality bastardised version, and I can't see any link at all mentioning the anthology book I had.

As much as I would love to have a proper copy again, I think this is one of those things where I need to accept it's probably gone forever.
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Bae > Bay
Coming up with characters. In addition to the three main characters there has to be six other humans with powers, up to six non-powered counterparts, and who knows, let's say ten supporting characters each for backstories most of which will never make it into the book (which means I can just number them and only come up with names for characters who actually get mentioned), plus anyone who appears on the side as randos, NPCs, whatever you want to call them, so the present world appears full.

So far out of say 160-200 people who make up this world I've got 11.

I've come up with loads of characters before, it's work but it's not a problem.

Basically this is the culmination of seven independent stories that are only given passing mention (except the narrator's story, which we see in more detail) so the characters feel like real people and not cut-outs, where only one or two characters from each are drawn together because they are needed as sacrifices by the villain, who is the only non-human character (although it may have been human at on point, who knows).
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I'm thinking the ending is kind of stupid. The problem is there really is no way even 7 super powered humans can defeat the villain. All they can do is delay the inevitable. At some unknown point in the future this problem will arise again, all of existence will be threatened, new people will have to face the same enemy, the entire conflict in the story solves nothing.

What was 7 year old me thinking? I don't know, but whatever it was was enough to shelve the story for 25 years.
Dex Stewart
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Power Rangers SPD Supermagneti
Power Rangers SPD Play-a-Sound
These books suspiciously omit the Yellow Ranger! She's a major character from Episode 1,it's not like she wasn't initially part of the show. Even stranger,is the amount of focus on Doggie and Sam,Doggie doesn't get ranger powers until about halfway through the series,and Sam comes in later too,and isn't nearly as prominent character as Z,the Yellow Ranger. Why? What? Huh?
Both books also mention A-Squad,a group of Rangers who are only important twice,in the first episode and the last episode.
Why was Z so shafted?
Even other books push her to the side,the only one that does is the old UK Annual.
The new comics haven't gone deep into SPD,but she has shown up there.
I'm so confused by this,why was Z specificly left out of these books?
I can't find any answers.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@ThatJewAsshole
Power levels are based on human (or alien equivalent, I guess) sacrifice. Someone who accidentally sacrifices a handful of people to get powers is no match for someone who deliberately sacrifices an entire planet.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Since I wasn't happy with the original ending I thought up what I'm calling a "magic bullshit" ending, because it requires some last minute power to be pulled out of nowhere to defeat the villain. I can write pages and pages on why neither of the endings work, but I think it's best to just run with it knowing that it doesn't make any sense.

I also Latinized all the chapters:

Prologus:
Et In Arcadia Ego

Meditatio Prima:
Ruina

Meditatio Secunda:
Coruscum

Meditatio Tertia:
Somniis

Meditatio Quarta:
Genium Malignum

Meditatio Quinta:
Dies Irae

Meditatio Sexta: Prima Variatio: (AKA "The Original Ending: Patroclus Dies First, then Achilles")
Libera Me

Meditatio Sexta: Secundo Variatio: (AKA "The Magic Bullshit Ending")
Iuvenis Essemus

Epilogus:
Meum Arbitrium Est
Interested in advertising on Ponybooru? Click here for information!
Learn how to advertise on ponybooru, free options are availble.

Ponybooru ain't free mate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~