Hotmail, Outlook, Live users: Email is blocked. Please read here.
Attention You will need to reset your passwords. For more information please read here.

What's with all the downvotes?

Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I considered making an alternative “What’s with the all the upvotes” thread,but figured the reason for upvotes is either ironic upvotes it there’s just something I’m missing.  
full  
Here’s the image that inspired this post,no disrespect to the artist,but I don’t think this deserves 344+ favorites and 500+likes.(downvotes are a mere 25).  
Going through the comments, apparently this may have been an inspiration?full  
The artist actually has a very nice gallery,and it’s a bit strange now to go through the past pics,seeing around 50 faves,and then this one with 300.
Anonymous #2B3E
@acres  
It might have to do with the artist. It looks like their caricature work is getting better, but it was pretty butt ugly for a long time, and even now it’s still a style that’s hit or miss with people’s tastes.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@acres  
What’s wrong with Silver? He’s not a favorite of mine,but I thought he was fine,or did he become a dick when this pic was posted? I figured maybe he’d done something involving a cake that pissed people off.
Acres
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

(I’m not a sonic the hedgehog fan) The only reason I know silver is from the sonic 06 game where he was kinda annoying.

It could just be the MLP X sonic crossover. Remember when I posted the body swap knuckles pic? It also got downvoted.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@Dex Stewart  
TF2 crossovers were everywhere in the golden age.

As for the “downvote bait” tag on that image. It may have been a prediction rather than a judgement, because the uploader or editor of tags may have known that Sonic crossovers were immensely unpopular there.

Why? The Sonic fandom had a particularly odious reputation a few years ago. Many people in this fandom really don’t like being called out on their autism, and a Sonic crossover, even (especially?) when made unironically, can feel like that.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide