Viewing last 25 versions of post by FeatherTrap in topic Writing Autopsy - At What Point did the Show's Writing Start to Suck?

FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
Hey all, I felt the need to start this thread because of a "[clearly":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28805#post_28805) "[passionate":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28816#post_28816) "[conversation":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28817#post_28817) "[occurring":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28860#post_28860) "[in":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28866#post_28866) "[the":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28869#post_28869) Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread that's off topic for it. APeople seem to have strong feelings about the topic and I couldn't find another thread in the episode discussion section that fit this topic, so here we are.

Now, we all realise that the show began to take a consistent dive in writing quality sometime after the first few seasons, but I struggle to pinpoint when exactly. And I think a lot of people do, I haven't really heard anyone give a solid answer to this.

The first few seasons had some bad episodes, but every show does. Especially those made in America where for some reason they don't consider it a proper season unless it's at least 20 episodes long, so there's going to be a sizable amount of filler and trash even in the best shows.

I know people constantly like to blame Magical Mystery Cure as "the point of no return", but I'm not so sure about that one. The whole episode was shockingly bad and brought on Alicorn Twilight rather abruptly, but that's all it seemed to be. A shockingly bad episode with an abrupt conclusion to Twilight's main character arc.

So that's why I created this thread, so we can share observations and discuss. And hopefully ascertain the moment when our favourite show about wonderful cartoon ponies began it's backwards slide into mediocrity and lazy writing.
No reason given
Edited by FeatherTrap
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
Hey all, I felt the need to start this thread because of a "clearly":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28805#post_28805 "passionate":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28816#post_28816 "conversation":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28817#post_28817 "occurring":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28860#post_28860 "in":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28866#post_28866 "the":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=28869#post_28869 Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread that's off topic for it. And I couldn't find another thread in the episode discussion section that fit this topic, so here we are.

Now, we all realise that the show began to take a consistent dive in writing quality sometime after the first few seasons, but I struggle to pinpoint when exactly. And I think a lot of people do, I haven't really heard anyone give a solid answer to this.

The first few seasons had some bad episodes, but every show does. Especially those made in America where for some reason they don't consider it a proper season unless it's at least 20 episodes long, so there's going to be a sizable amount of filler and trash even in the best shows.

I know people constantly like to blame Magical Mystery Cure as "the point of no return", but I'm not so sure about that one. The whole episode was shockingly bad and brought on Alicorn Twilight rather abruptly, but that's all it seemed to be. A shockingly bad episode with an abrupt conclusion to Twilight's main character arc.

So that's why I created this thread, so we can share observations and discuss. And hopefully ascertain the moment when our favourite show about wonderful cartoon ponies began it's backwards slide into mediocrity and lazy writing.
No reason given
Edited by FeatherTrap