Viewing last 25 versions of post by TeaTimeTimmy in topic G5 discussion thread

TeaTimeTimmy
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

My thoughts on all of that:

1st of all, it looks descent. Not really great, and some design choices (like wide snoot) are weird, but okay overall. At least for still. Who knows how well in transits in motion thou.

2nd and where the problems start is the plot. It feels off and gives off really strong smell of currentyear and forced politics in general. Also the magicless Equestria where the ponies live separated is one giant plot hole due to the fact that Equestria without unity was freezing over due to Windigoes. Also this all really **REALLY** sounds similar to Sequel Trilogy. "We won, there is "Happily Ever After" for us, but now in the future everything gone to shit yet again". Also "Okay, we need to write something... Damn, this universe feels complete! What to do? Oh, I know, let's just repeat plot but with new characters! Genius!". I'm scared to think that there can be a scene where somehow Sunny meets Twilight, and she behaves like Luke from TLJ. Also in this society having amerch of the beacons of friendship and unity (all of the M6 merch in Sunny's room and even on her) seems quite off. I understand that she sees them as heroes, but why thy are here in the first place? Who made them? It feels like everyone hates the idea of unity yet someone made them.

Also from what I've heard, there will be animal sidekick, which can lead to yet another annoying "cute" character, which was made solely for merch purpose.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and everything will be good. But when the first info about plot surfaced, it planted seed of doubt in me. Now it's growing stronger.
No reason given
Edited by TeaTimeTimmy
TeaTimeTimmy
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

My thoughts on all of that:

1st of all, it looks descent. Not really great, and some design choices (like wide snoot) are weird, but okay overall. At least for still. Who knows how well in transits in motion thou.

2nd and where the problems start is the plot. It feels off and gives off really strong smell of currentyear and forced politics in general. Also the magicless Equestria where the ponies live separated is one giant plot hole due to the fact that Equestria without unity was freezing over due to Windigoes. Also this all really *REALLY* sounds similar to Sequel Trilogy. "We won, there is "Happily Ever After" for us, but now in the future everything gone to shit yet again". Also "Okay, we need to write something... Damn, this universe feels complete! What to do? Oh, I know, let's just repeat plot but with new characters! Genius!". I'm scared to think that there can be a scene where somehow Sunny meets Twilight, and she behaves like Luke from TLJ. Also in this society having a beacons of friendship and unity (all of the M6 merch in Sunny's room and even on her) seems quite off. I understand that she sees them as heroes, but why thy are here in the first place? Who made them? It feels like everyone hates the idea of unity yet someone made them.
Also from what I've heard, there will be animal sidekick, which can lead to yet another annoying "cute" character, which was made solely for merch purpose.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and everything will be good. But when the first info about plot surfaced, it planted seed of doubt in me. Now it's growing stronger.
No reason given
Edited by TeaTimeTimmy