Viewing last 25 versions of post by Sapphie in topic Site Assistant and Mod Applications

Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
Application: Moderator

I'd be interested in being site assistant or moderator. I have a slight preference for moderator, but, if needed, could very much take on the role of an assistant.

I used to moderate for a twitch streamer who would get 150-200 viewers. From that I know I have a tendency to be rather lax with enforcing rules. Not that I wouldn't do my job, I just preferred to give people some leeway instead of assuming the worst right off the bat. Maybe the better way to say this is that I act in good faith. (I also have moderated some smaller discord servers, but that probably shouldn't be counted, though even there I have a tendency to enforce the rules in good faith)

My timezone is GMT+1 (Berlin, Zurich, Amsterdam, etc)

I check the site multiple times a day (mostly as a procrastination attempt when working, but I do spend several minutes looking at the site), and would most likely be able to handle small things during those visits. For stuff that would require sitting down and getting some work done, I could definitely set aside 2-6 hours a week—depending on how much is needed, and depending on how much time I would have that particular week. That would be on top of the routine checks I do.

A reason I believe to be a good for mod is that I already end up seeing a good chunk of the comments and content that is posted (given that I get notifications for them, and actually go ahead and read most of the comments). On top of that, I mentioned checking this site very often anyway, so I'd be very responsive.

I also believe myself to be impartial and able to make level-headed decisions in such a context. On top of that, I know my way around the site fairly well, and would quickly adapt to new tools.

Finally, the reason I want to be mod. I care about this site as an alternative to derpibooru and would love to see it flourish. On top of that, I wish I could help with the duplicates my import script causes more directly than just reporting them.

EDIT: I do also use discord (mentioning it since every other entry mentions it)
No reason given
Edited by Sapphie
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
Application: Moderator
I'd be interested in being site assistant or moderator. I have a slight preference for moderator, but, if needed, could very much take on the role of an assistant.
I used to moderate for a twitch streamer who would get 150-200 viewers. From that I know I have a tendency to be rather lax with enforcing rules. Not that I wouldn't do my job, I just preferred to give people some leeway instead of assuming the worst right off the bat. Maybe the better way to say this is that I act in good faith. (I also have moderated some smaller discord servers, but that probably shouldn't be counted, though even there I have a tendency to enforce the rules in good faith)
My timezone is GMT+1 (Berlin, Zurich, Amsterdam, etc)

I check the site multiple times a day (mostly as a procrastination attempt when working, but I do spend several minutes looking at the site), and would most likely be able to handle small things during those visits. For stuff that would require sitting down and getting some work done, I could definitely set aside 2-6 hours a week—depending on how much is needed, and depending on how much time I would have that particular week. That would be on top of the routine checks I do.
A reason I believe to be a good for mod is that I already end up seeing a good chunk of the comments and content that is posted (given that I get notifications for them, and actually go ahead and read most of the comments). On top of that, I mentioned checking this site very often anyway, so I'd be very responsive.
I also believe myself to be impartial and able to make level-headed decisions in such a context. On top of that, I know my way around the site fairly well, and would quickly adapt to new tools.

Finally, the reason I want to be mod. I care about this site as an alternative to derpibooru and would love to see it flourish. On top of that, I wish I could help with the duplicates my import script causes more directly than just reporting them.
Reason: Added a paragraph that I for some reason forgot to copy over
Edited by Sapphie