Viewing last 25 versions of post by php111 in topic Ponybooru Moderation Feedback

php111
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

"A R C H I V E S I T E"
"[@Barhandar":](/forums/meta/topics/ponybooru-moderation-feedback?post_id=61595#post_61595
[bq]
)  

>
Also, pretty sure Php111 is making a joke and it's his actual [spoiler]||alternate[/spoiler]|| username and tag, considering it's also the username on pillowfort.[/bq]
That is (mostly) correct, when I requested an artist tag on Derpibooru as part of the anti censorship protest I was given several options for anonymous tags, I opted for a php tag, and changed my username to the php tag I was issued,^[spoiler]||check 'em[/spoiler]||^ the Pillowfort account came later

Interesting fact for everyone else, php tags predate Derpibooru, as far as I can tell the first few where used on Ponibooru [spoiler]||(no, not Ponybooru)[/spoiler]|| and they have been used by other active artists over the years, not just me

[bq]

> *
*The point of a booru trumps the wishes of the artist in this case. If they previously confirmed they're the artist of an image, they don't get to un-confirm it*[/bq]

As far as Derpibooru is cokncow Derned thpis is not correct, staff will re-tag your art as "Anonymous Artist" if you specifically request it, at least for individual images, though I'm not sure about an artist tag as a whole, especially one with hundreds of images under it. Whether or not Ponybooru will do this I dont know, I assume nobody has tried it yet since it'sI ndont reallythink it's something most artists generally ask for

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since there seems to be some confusion in regards to what has actually changed, I'm going to go over the dnp policy changes point by point and compare them to the old policy (you can find it at the bottom of this post)
[bq]

> *
*Patreon and other paid exclusives:** Content that cannot be obtained for free must not be uploaded within 2 years except by the artist themselves. Content that has been released for more than 2 years may be uploaded provided that; The description contains a link to a content creator's Patreon, Subscribe Star or other paid platform where the art may be purchased; If unavailable a link back to a donation method for the artist.[/bq]

Paid content now has an arbitrary time limit set, and removes the artist's choice of whether or not to post this content regardless of any dnp listings the artist may have

[bq]

> *
*Upload Credit Change:** This DNP type specifies that all content with your artist tag have the uploader set as yourself.[/bq]

Exactly the same as the old one, it's just been reformatted a bit

[bq]

> *
*Artists Upload Only / With Permission Only:** This DNP gives an artist 31 days to upload any art that is otherwise available on any public platform by themselves. An artist may lose their DNP listing if they do not upload within 31 days of the art being available elsewhere.[/bq]

These are now identical to the **Delayed Upload Only/Content Delay** dnp of the new policy, and there is effectively no longer an option to request a full dnp

[bq]

> *
*Limited Edits:** This DNP limits edits to things likely to fall under Fair Use (Parody, Transformative, Sufficiently different from original.) This does not apply if edits are on other freely available platforms.[/bq]

Effectively unchanged, as "[@Barhandar":](/forums/meta/topics/ponybooru-moderation-feedback?post_id=61392#post_61392) Pointed out any edits posted here will immediately be grabbed by the real archives rendering the clause at the end irrelevant

[bq]

> *
*Separate Edits:** This DNP type specifies that all edits of your art will be placed under a separate artist tag / edit tags.[/bq]

Reworded, basically the same

[bq]

> *
*Content Delay:** This gives artists and creators a way to specify a delay in which their art or content may be uploaded. Up to 4 weeks for freely available art on public platforms, up to 3 years for art available on paid platforms.[/bq]

Now has an arbitrary time limit, the old listing defaults to 6 months but implies an option to set it to whatever the artist wants, whether that be longer or shorter

[bq]

> *
*User Interaction Lock:** This disables comments on Ponybooru on pieces exclusively with your artist tag.[/bq]

Reworded, basically the same (I'm surprised so many users are upset about the idea ofbehind it, considering it's been an option almost since the beginning)(And no, to my knowlege it does not affect votes, faves or metadata, only comments)

[bq]

> *
*Artist Tag Change:** This DNP type instructs Ponybooru to change any art with your artist tag to have a different artist tag, chosen at random for privacy.[/bq]

Artist tag is now chosen at random instead of giving the artist the choice? Why? this extends beyond dnps you dont have to file a dnp to change your artist tag or get your art anonymized

[bq]

> *
*Hidden by Default:** This DNP type will make pieces with exclusively with your artist tag hidden from the homepage, only available for search by logging in.[/bq]

Reformatted, offers less information, but assuming Zizzy hasn't changed how the system works it is in practical terms exactly the same as the old one

[bq]

> *
*Other:** This DNP type has limited use for special circumstances not covered above. Please do not make requests using this type as they have no effect on the site and are closed by default.[/bq]

Effectively removed, the old typone basically lets artists request whatever they want here (within reason, of course), this now only serves as a complimentary thing for other dnp types now, and is thereby completely pointless since there is a "staff instructions" field when filling a dnp which serves the exact same purpose

Finally the **Video/Image hold** options where removed

If I missed something, then I'm sorry? feel free to postadd it

*TL;DR*
There is effectively no longer an option to request a full dnp, and even the limited dnps are now far more restrictive than they have been at any point in the past. ~%Yes, that includes that one time Zizzy went full retard~

"
%

[
@Napsack":](/forums/meta/topics/ponybooru-moderation-feedback?post_id=61551#post_61551
)  
I will now go throughver +__my interpretation+__ of the idea behind, and effects of DNP Policy as it was used on Derpibooru over the years (shady practices regarding OC tags aside)

The **"Artist Upload Only"** type or "full dnp" exists to place the ownership of the art with the artist, it says "we recognize that this is your art, and you may do with it as you please" It achieves this effect regardless of whether or not an artist actually chooses to file a dnp, the bottom line is the artist has the option, and thereby retains control of their art, this in turn helps to build goodwill between artists and the site.

All typeforms of "limited dnp's" exist to offer/encourage an artist to consider an alternative to deleting everything if they are displeased with the site, it says "we get that you're not happy with things as they are now, but maybe we can find a compromise that we are both happy with" the **"Other"** dnp type being particularly important as this lets an artist set their own conditions, all the other types of "limited dnp's" are mereostly a suggestions/examples to give a better idea of what is possible, and to cover the more frequently requested conditions, of course they only achieve this in the context of the artist having the option of a full DNP, remove that option and it reads "want control of your art? to bad, go fuck yourself" it's no longer a compromise, it's strong arming artists to agree to your conditions, and at that point they hardly qualify as dnp's at all, and like others have said it's honestly kinda insulting

This is likely why Derpibooru choose to use this system many years ago, and I presume why Luzion choose to stick with it when weighing the options, the end goal is to bring in artists who will interact with your site and provide content for it, and to that end I would say it has succeeded both here and on DB, as opposed to the Archive-Boorus who's goal is to just bring in as much art as possible by any means necessary

I can only speak for myself, but I for one choose to come here because this place was touted as an alternative to Derpibooru, not because it was an archive, If I wanted an archive i would have gone to Ponerpics instead.

So I will ask you again, what exactly is the goal of this site? your FAQ section and your past history implies that your goal is to serve as a replacement for Derpibooru, but this sudden and drastic change to the DNP policy stands in direct opposition to that idea, and I genuinely think this will only hurt the site in the long run regardless of what your aim is here

[spoiler]

||
God, I hate writing walls of text[/spoiler]
||  
Anyways, Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"

[
The old DNP Policies":](/pages/rules/history) for comparison. "[Easier to read Wayback machine Edition":](https://web.archive.org/web/20211217013741/https://ponybooru.org/pages/rules#2

[bq]
)

>
Content that cannot be obtained for free must not be uploaded except by the artist themselves. While it's encouraged that artists upload their older paid content we understand that not everyone wants to.

>
> *
*Ponybooru DNP policies.*

>
> **
Artist Upload Only & Permission Upload Only:** If you have this type of DNP assigned , you or the permissioned uploaders can upload to Ponybooru

>
> *
*Delayed Upload Only & Permission Upload Only:** This is the same as the normal one but allows users to upload your art after a default of 6 months.

>
> *
*Limited Edits:** Edits will be restricted to content likely to fall under Fair Use (Parody, Transformative, Sufficiently different from original.)

>
> *
*Separate Edits:** Edits uploaded are to be tagged with an artist:name edits tag.

>
> *
*Video / Image hold:** We understand creators make money off of their creations. Under these DNP policies Videos and Images will have a timed delay period to allow for revenue to be generated on other platforms.

>
> *
*Artist Tag Change:** All art uploaded will be changed to an artist tag of your choosing. Default of artist:Anonymous

>
> *
*Hidden by Default:** All art under your artist tag will be tagged in a way that makes it so only logged in users can view, by changing their filters.

>
> *
*User Interaction Lock:** All user interactions except voting will be disabled on art under your artist tag.

>
> *
*Uploader Credit Change:** All art under your tag for existing and future uploads will be credited under your name.

>
> *
*Other:** A combination of the above options. Or a special case / exemption.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by php111