Viewing last 25 versions of post by Sapphie in topic Ponybooru Moderation Feedback

Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
"[@Anonymous #7B08":](/forums/meta/topics/ponybooru-moderation-feedback?post_id=47498#post_47498
)  
Can I ask why it's so important to you? (I don't mean to sound condescending, I genuinely want to know)

I agree on principle. Aryanne is technically perfectly tame without her cutie mark, so it would make sense to not filter her by default. (If it were just up to me, I'd remove them, so I'm on your side for this)

However, the one and only purpose of the default filter is to give a squeaky clean first look to the site. If someone is visiting, then they'll automatically use the default filter. Anyone else should use a different filter. The point of the default filter is to overfilter, just in case (and not to appease the twitter crowd, which hates the site _*regardless_* of what we do).

The point is… why care so much about a feature that's only there for complete outsiders? I genuinely would like to know, since I agree on the principle of the thing, but I don't see it worth mentioning since it's just the default filter  
Edit: apparently there's legal concerns for people living in Germany, where viewing nazi imagery is illegal. And the argument *could* be made that Ary, even without her mark, counts nazi imagery under that law. Now while I'm not certain that this could actually cause issue for anyone, it's better to tread on the safe side.
No reason given
Edited by Sapphie